GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Osram CBB 7k Hids

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-18 | 11:37 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Default Osram CBB 7k Hids

Good afternoon everybody, I just purchased the new Osram CBB 7k Hids from Hidconcepts. I was wondering if anybody has these and if so, what are your thoughts about them. Too blue, not enough light, or perfect. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Superman60; 02-20-18 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-21-18 | 10:21 PM
jennypenny
Advanced

Originally Posted by Superman60
Good afternoon everybody, I just purchased the new Osram CBB 7k Hids from Hidconcepts. I was wondering if anybody has these and if so, what are your thoughts about them. Too blue, not enough light, or perfect. Thanks in advance.

Why dont you replace one bulb and take a picture of the light beam and also color?
Old 02-21-18 | 11:01 PM
M3to4GS
Driver School Candidate

^ because that would just make too much sense!

** sorry, I couldn't resist!
Old 02-22-18 | 12:00 AM
jennypenny
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by M3to4GS

Good one.

Contrasting colors are usually preferable but Philips Xtreme Vision gen 2 for pure power
Old 02-22-18 | 04:49 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Because I asked what were your thoughts about them, I will form my own opinion. Thanks.
Old 02-22-18 | 05:45 AM
PsykotiK
Driver

7k is gonna be too blue with less light output than OEM
Old 02-22-18 | 06:59 AM
er34
Instructor

I think it's more marketing than anything. I have the CBI's, and to me they are the perfect balance of output and color. I bet the CBB's are just the same bulbs, but simply hand-picked(binned) to pick the ones that are slightly more blue than others. The difference is going to be negligible to the naked eye even if you have them side by side.

Between OEM and CBI's - now there, the difference is definitely noticeable.
Old 02-22-18 | 07:02 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

That's what I thought also, until I watch a few videos on them Hid Retrofit was one of them. I think Osram seems to be using the kelvin rating to promote brightness and not color. From various test I seen their 7k bulbs aren't that much bluer than their 6k, but the new CBB bulbs are a lot brighter. They state that that's what they seem to be saying because a lot of people mistake Kelvins for brightness instead of color temperature. Not a big deal just wondering if anybody had them installed and their thoughts. Appreciate your response.
Old 02-22-18 | 07:05 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by M3to4GS

No comments from the peanut gallery, If I want any s!@# out of you I'll squeeze your head.

Last edited by Superman60; 02-22-18 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-22-18 | 07:11 AM
er34
Instructor

That's what I thought also, until I watch a few videos on them Hid Retrofit was one of them. I think Osram seems to be using the kelvin rating to promote brightness and not color. From various test I seen their 7k bulbs aren't that much bluer than their 6k, but the new CBB bulbs are a lot brighter. They state that that's what they seem to be saying because a lot of people mistake Kelvins for brightness instead of color temperature. Not a big deal just wondering if anybody had them installed and their thoughts. Appreciate your response.
These guys are out to sell bulbs, they'll always do everything they can to make the latest and greatest bulbs look "better". HID bulbs take time to burn-in. Any set of bulbs will look completely different when new compared to after about 50-100hours of use - both in color and output.

By the way, I started a thread on this last year as well. You can buy genuine Osram HID bulbs for much cheaper from Amazon Europe than the US vendors.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-europe-2.html
Old 02-22-18 | 07:49 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Originally Posted by er34
These guys are out to sell bulbs, they'll always do everything they can to make the latest and greatest bulbs look "better". HID bulbs take time to burn-in. Any set of bulbs will look completely different when new compared to after about 50-100hours of use - both in color and output.

By the way, I started a thread on this last year as well. You can buy genuine Osram HID bulbs for much cheaper from Amazon Europe than the US vendors.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-europe-2.html
Yes I know, after they burn in color changes, not only that but it also depends on the type of projector, ballast, there's a lot of different variables to determine color. I was just looking to see if anyone had tried or was currently using them and their thoughts about them. I'll make my own decision once I install them. Also be careful there are a lot of fake bulbs out there.

Last edited by Superman60; 02-22-18 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-22-18 | 07:51 AM
er34
Instructor

Yes I know, after they burn in color changes, not only that but it also depends on the type of projector, ballast, there's a lot of different variables to determine color. I was just looking to see if anyone had tried or was currently using them. I'll make my own decision once I install them. Also be careful there are a lot of fake bulbs out there.
Those are shipped direct from Amazon, not third party sellers.
Old 02-22-18 | 08:00 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

I’d love to see how this project for you comes out. I’m a huge fan of hid kits. I went to hidconcept website, they don’t have them for my 2016, unless it’s the same bulb as the 15. Best of luck bro! Don’t forget pictures!
Old 02-22-18 | 08:09 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chavez562

I’d love to see how this project for you comes out. I’m a huge fan of hid kits. I went to hidconcept website, they don’t have them for my 2016, unless it’s the same bulb as the 15. Best of luck bro! Don’t forget pictures!
Thank you I will post pics. Going to install the led turn signals, and side marker lights along with the head lights. Probably wait until it warms up.
Old 02-23-18 | 06:51 AM
M3to4GS
Driver School Candidate

No comments from the peanut gallery, If I want any s!@# out of you I'll squeeze your head.
Wow, very hostile and aggressive...can't take a joke? Allergic to peanuts, so the joke is actually on you....again!

Quick Reply: Osram CBB 7k Hids