GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS350 F-Sport Lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-18, 04:48 PM
nmlexus4gs
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blakmagik
Had the car lot speak with a rep from the warranty company in person and got them to pay for a new computer. It will be here Tuesday. The saga continues. So far haven't had to come out of pocket for anything other than not having my car for the entire first month of ownership....if you can even call it that yet.
No Updates on the status of your Car. Was everything fixed. Hope you are enjoying your car now.
Old 08-07-18, 03:08 PM
Blakmagik
Driver School Candidate

Car has been fine other than 2 hiccups in the infotainment system that went away immediately. That is until today. It has been about 6 months since the hard drive was replaced and now it is doing the exact same thing again! No navigation screen, AC controls don't work again, and system keeps trying to reboot. Back to the dealer. Oh the joys of "owning" a Lexus.....
Old 08-07-18, 03:59 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I'm afraid you haven't seen the last of your problems with that car. You may want to come up with a plan to get rid of that car if when the next problem spews lemon juice in your eyes.

Car has been fine other than 2 hiccups in the infotainment system that went away immediately. That is until today. It has been about 6 months since the hard drive was replaced and now it is doing the exact same thing again! No navigation screen, AC controls don't work again, and system keeps trying to reboot. Back to the dealer. Oh the joys of "owning" a Lexus.....
Well...warranty company sent a faulty computer...and now only want to pay $900 of the $1500 cost of a new computer. Lexus dealership doesn't want to install any other computers except a new one from them. I can't say I blame them. Lexus had to remove the computer and now has to ship back to warranty company. This car has been truly a nightmare.

Don't blame Lexus - blame yourself! Face it - you bought a lemon. The car was a Florida car that was sent to North Carolina to sell to someone like yourself by an independent car lot. And, you purchased a 3rd party (non-Lexus brand) warranty, which you are finding out is all but worthless.

As I suggested in a prior post - I'm afraid you haven't seen the last of your problems with that car. You may want to come up with a plan to get rid of that car if when now that the next problem spews lemon juice in your eyes.

Last edited by bclexus; 08-07-18 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-07-18, 05:38 PM
Blakmagik
Driver School Candidate

Warranty company actually came through and paid for all genuine parts to "fix" the car. So the 3rd party warranty company you say is worthless actually came through and paid for over 5k worth of work that I would have had to come out of pocket. As for the car having water damage...which I can only assume that is what you are implying, I checked the frame, under the carpet, seat tracks ect. and found nothing. No rust, nothing. I traced all the wiring the the dash, at the fuse blocks, under the hood. Everything looks ship shape. Sorry if I struck a Lexus Fanboy nerve with you. But thanks for all the "solid" advice.
Old 08-07-18, 06:00 PM
eddie420

Received 629 Likes on 451 Posts

Warranty company actually came through and paid for all genuine parts to "fix" the car. So the 3rd party warranty company you say is worthless actually came through and paid for over 5k worth of work that I would have had to come out of pocket. As for the car having water damage...which I can only assume that is what you are implying, I checked the frame, under the carpet, seat tracks ect. and found nothing. No rust, nothing. I traced all the wiring the the dash, at the fuse blocks, under the hood. Everything looks ship shape. Sorry if I struck a Lexus Fanboy nerve with you. But thanks for all the "solid" advice.
Ummh... it definitely was under water after that flooding, most cars were not spared. If it's electronics, you won't see the trace amounts of oxidation on the boards. It will slow deteriorate your electronics and will cause you headaches.