GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Love my '15 450h F-Sport, but.... Two annoyances..

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-18, 05:01 PM
johnrobert
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Love my '15 450h F-Sport, but.... Two annoyances..

Hey there! I'm brand new to Lexus (coming from SAAB), but I'm loving this car!! There are two things though that bother me, and I'm not sure if they are normal.. I do apologize if these are commonly threaded items and I was just unable to find it.

1.) When engaging the wipers, they don't seem to "wipe" all the way over. The driver's side wiper stops short before returning back down (pictures attached)

2.) I have the adaptive LED headlights with this car, and there seems to be a dull/dark space on the driver's side where I think there needs to actually be light output.. (picture attached).

Are these normal things??

Thank you!!

Not sure if you can see the line where the wiper stops, but to me, that definitely impedes driving ability in the rain.
Old 03-20-18, 05:36 PM
ChronoR
Pole Position

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Wipers are not normal. Not sure about the headlights since I don't have the triple LED
Old 03-20-18, 05:38 PM
johnrobert
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChronoR
Wipers are not normal. Not sure about the headlights since I don't have the triple LED
Thank you for confirming that for me! I sure didn't think that was normal. I'll take it back to the dealership since it's an L/Certified car.
Old 03-20-18, 07:11 PM
jordanhigg
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnrobert
Thank you for confirming that for me! I sure didn't think that was normal. I'll take it back to the dealership since it's an L/Certified car.
one of the many things they were supposed to check but obviously didn't...

hopefully, the light thing get resolved also

beautiful car, congrats
Old 03-20-18, 07:46 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanhigg
one of the many things they were supposed to check but obviously didn't...

hopefully, the light thing get resolved also

beautiful car, congrats
Probably just need to adjust the headlight beam up/down or left right. You use a screw driver and the top plastic cover over the headlights has the adjustment openings marked.
Old 03-20-18, 09:47 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Your headlights just need re-aiming, and your rain sensing wiper relay is malfunctioning. My 2014 had the same symptions and had that relay replaced about a year and a half after I got it. It's the only issue I've had now in 4 years of ownership. The relay is the little box right under the rear view mirror. Just make sure there is nothing obstructing it's "eye" on the windshield, stickers, toll tags etc.
Old 03-21-18, 08:37 AM
Kevin4GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe your headlights are adjusted that way so it doesn't shine onto other drivers.
My headlights aren't even as well and has the gap also but your gap is definitely larger than mine.
A quick adjustment like the others above mentioned should do the trick
The following users liked this post:
ECL (03-21-18)
Old 03-21-18, 10:10 AM
slowpoe3
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wipers are definitely messed up.. I have the same problem with the headlights though they seem too low for me. but I have an 18 GS350.
Old 03-21-18, 10:55 AM
SpicedRum
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Congratulations on the new ride! Beautiful car and a rare hybrid to boot.

I have the triple beams also but they look a bit different. Your have round reflectors whereas mine are rectangular ('18 GS350 F sport AWD). I DO notice what you're talking about though. The small dark spot is there on mine as well. I don't think it's as pronounced though. I assume they are designed this way on purpose to minimize blinding an oncoming driver. If you notice that spot is right where an oncoming vehicle would be. I didn't feel the need to have a tech look at it, but I am somewhat adverse to letting anyone touch it unless they have to.

The headlight alignment on my car needed some work after taking new delivery. Both sides were aimed somewhat low based on a short, out-in-the-country drive. It took 1 1/6 turns clockwise to raise them both up a bit to where they should be. You probably only have one adjusting bolt rather than two per light. If so, that is only up and down (clockwise for up). Reference your manual to be sure before making adjustments as there seem to be small differences between the models like this. I took a sharpie and marked the top portion of the bolts before adjusting so I knew where I was in the rotation.

Enjoy the new car. I LOVE mine!
Old 03-21-18, 12:56 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Anyone feel the headlights are factory adjusted too low?
Old 03-21-18, 03:52 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

If the windshield was replaced, whoever did it could have put the wiper arms back on in the wrong position. I reclocked them myself. Take into account that the wipers have a summer and winter position that allows you to pull them up beyond the hood line (and to change the blades). When I had my windshield replaced it, the drivers wiper was clocked too far down so it was burying into the bottom moulding and when clicked up to winter position it was wiping into my view and not to the top left corner. Just needs adjustment which your dealer should do for free.