GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus owners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-18, 06:48 AM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus owners?

Anyone running this tire on their 4GS? Looking for feedback.... mainly WRT road noise, tread lifespan, dry handling and rain performance..... my MXM4s are down to 4/32, and one has a bubble in the sidewall (probably from a curb kiss, lmao) so I'm getting close to tossing them....

-Mike

Last edited by drgrant; 03-23-18 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-23-18, 08:44 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,516 Posts

I have the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus (245/45R18 100V XL BSW - 700-A-A Part# 2337600) tires on my GS 350 and I'm extremely pleased with them. They are very quiet and excellent in both dry and wet conditions. They appear to be wearing perfectly. These tires have an Unlimited Time, 70,000 Mile Treadwear Warranty. I highly recommend them.
The following 3 users liked this post by bclexus:
drgrant (03-24-18), Khiladi (04-30-18), pryde5abi (06-21-18)
Old 03-23-18, 08:51 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Poll: What Brand Tires Do You Have On Your GS 350?

Note: The above poll, of course, includes OE tires that came on the car when bought.
Old 03-23-18, 08:58 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 209 Likes on 143 Posts

Ditto comments of bclexus. I, too, owned the OEM Michelin Primacy MXM4s. After tons of research, I now own the P7 Plus on my hybrid and have used them for about 7-8K miles. It's an amazing tire, especially if you're looking for low tire noise and comfort (aka more of a "luxury" feel). It does quite well on dry & rain. It wears evenly. I will warn you though that if you drive very aggressive and are looking for characteristics of a performance tire, this may not be the one for you though.

I'm sure you already know that the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus is highly rated just about anywhere you read online. G'luck with your decision.

~ Im2bz2p345
The following users liked this post:
drgrant (03-24-18)
Old 03-23-18, 10:15 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Unless you're able to compare tires side by side, like putting on one set, then trying another, on your car, on the same test surface, good luck with getting an actual measure of what does better than the other.

I say it a lot for these kind of "what are your thoughts/experiences" threads. Rarely do others get that opportunity either. Finding independent an unbiased test reviews are your best resource.

Not discounting any comments or saying that anyone here is biased. Just trying to open the thoughts on numerous variables that most don't think about that you should take into account ... cost, longevity, warranty, the ability to get staggered sizes (if Fsprt), test surface means more than the tire does, testing repeatability. Etc.
drgrant (03-24-18)
Old 03-24-18, 05:06 AM
modad
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Replaced my Dunlop OEM tires that came on my '17 Lux and put on a set of the C7's after hearing about how great they were. The Dunlops handled great, but road noise on any less than perfect road surface was terrible. The C7's were immediately obvious to be quieter and smoother, and I don't miss the decrease in turn-in sharpness near as much as I thought I would. I drive the same curvy mountain road just about every week in my business, and the driving experience is just as good with the Pirelli's. Great tire IMO.
Old 03-24-18, 08:26 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Originally Posted by MustangSal
Unless you're able to compare tires side by side, like putting on one set, then trying another, on your car, on the same test surface, good luck with getting an actual measure of what does better than the other.

I say it a lot for these kind of "what are your thoughts/experiences" threads. Rarely do others get that opportunity either. Finding independent an unbiased test reviews are your best resource.

Not discounting any comments or saying that anyone here is biased. Just trying to open the thoughts on numerous variables that most don't think about that you should take into account ... cost, longevity, warranty, the ability to get staggered sizes (if Fsprt), test surface means more than the tire does, testing repeatability. Etc.
I understand this completely, and I obviously dug into the ratings... this tire seems to be rated pretty well externally but I figured since it was one of the top rated on tire rack (and a couple other places) it wouldn't
be a bad choice... just wanted feedback from folks here that have specifically used them on a 4GS. The treadlife being high is pretty big selling point to me. The other reason I started looking at these is that it appears that Michelin no longer makes an A/S 3+ that's in P235 40R19 anymore. (it disappeared from tire rack, and the local guys in NH that I get tires from said the same thing. )

-Mike
Old 03-24-18, 08:32 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Originally Posted by modad
Replaced my Dunlop OEM tires that came on my '17 Lux and put on a set of the C7's after hearing about how great they were. The Dunlops handled great, but road noise on any less than perfect road surface was terrible. The C7's were immediately obvious to be quieter and smoother, and I don't miss the decrease in turn-in sharpness near as much as I thought I would. I drive the same curvy mountain road just about every week in my business, and the driving experience is just as good with the Pirelli's. Great tire IMO.
This is good to hear... most of my driving is more boring than that, although on the weekends I'll usually get a chance to open her up a bit.. About as aggressive as I get is hitting offramps at speeds that probably would have made my Camry's tires chirp a little.... which for the GS is like childs play, without pushing it very hard. Anyways I put in the order with my vendor in NH, (Maynard & Lesieur's ) for anyone else reading in the region I highly recommend them... they just get you what you want (they dont try to push upsells to some tire you dont want) they have road force balancing and they actually torque your lugs with a torque wrench (and encourage you to come back to have it checked at some interval, although mine have never self-loosened, I think they're just really cautious). . I'll probably end up getting them put on Tues or Weds this week, depending on timing.

-Mike
Old 03-24-18, 08:33 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Originally Posted by bclexus
I have the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus (245/45R18 100V XL BSW - 700-A-A Part# 2337600) tires on my GS 350 and I'm extremely pleased with them. They are very quiet and excellent in both dry and wet conditions. They appear to be wearing perfectly. These tires have an Unlimited Time, 70,000 Mile Treadwear Warranty. I highly recommend them.
This was one aspect that pulled me in... I drive a lot... 20-30K a year, at least until I pick up a 2nd vehicle... tire lifespan is plus... and having tires that will last the life of a set of brake pads is a good
thing!

-Mike
Old 03-25-18, 12:06 AM
GSRockstar
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by drgrant
I understand this completely, and I obviously dug into the ratings... this tire seems to be rated pretty well externally but I figured since it was one of the top rated on tire rack (and a couple other places) it wouldn't
be a bad choice... just wanted feedback from folks here that have specifically used them on a 4GS. The treadlife being high is pretty big selling point to me. The other reason I started looking at these is that it appears that Michelin no longer makes an A/S 3+ that's in P235 40R19 anymore. (it disappeared from tire rack, and the local guys in NH that I get tires from said the same thing. )

-Mike
yeah i have to go woth 245/40/19 to get the michelins :
Old 03-25-18, 04:36 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,117 Likes on 724 Posts

The Pirelli was rated #2 out of 45 on Tirerack.com.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...utoModClar=AWD

This tire was rated #1

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...utoModClar=AWD
Old 03-25-18, 07:13 AM
DallasDave
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by modad
+1 I have the P7 tires and am glad I purchased them (even though I am a longtime Michelin fan).
Old 03-25-18, 07:21 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

After all was researched and said and done, I ended up on Goodyear F1s. Price, warranty, reviews, opinions and availability.

Beware the Tire Rack thing of having to get them mounted somewhere and the routine it takes to file a claim if something does happen. Just some intricate details to make sure you read and understand before you get them through TR.
Old 03-25-18, 08:12 AM
GSRockstar
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by drgrant

-Mike
also the michelin as3+ and the pirelli cinturato arent in the same category, AS3+ is ultra high performance all season, cinturato is grand touring, if you are looking for a similar tire to the AS3+ then you should be lookijg at the pirelli pzero all season plus
Old 03-25-18, 08:41 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 649 Likes on 484 Posts

Miles reported (at this time) show 10 million for the P7+ and 134k on the Quatrac's. It seems a little too early to be handing them the crown.
Im2bz2p345 (03-26-18)

Quick Reply: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus owners?