GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Automatic Wipers not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-21, 09:42 AM
Nguyenazn
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I replaced those two relay and still havent solve my problem yet. I will just live with it to save up money for the better wipers as the Huracan has )
Old 05-12-21, 05:00 AM
KevinValen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAKETOWN
You need 2 of that relay, to replace these.
Thanks a lot for posting! Tried replacing the multi-function switch which didn't fix it but this did!!
Old 05-12-21, 07:35 AM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Glad to hear that! Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-12-21, 08:41 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I replaced both relays and auto sensing still does not work. The light on stalk does not illuminate. Also my lane assist and headlight washers stopped working a few months ago as well. (Radar cruise still works) Someone please help if you can
Old 06-07-21, 05:57 AM
yojja
Driver School Candidate

Default Exact same problem

Hi i have exact same problem and i got 2 working rellays from a buddy of mine who has a gs 450h mine is a 300h changed them problem persists like in the original post when u turn up doesn’t work when turn auto doesn’t work also when turn one time down doesn’t work, works only in high mode and it blade doesn’t park itself down you have to time it to get it down its so frustrating as i live in Ireland the land of rain and i need these to work properly please if you know some other fixes let me know

small update i just realized when i activate the automatic button you know they go up one time well the move a little tiny bit and if k help them with hand they slowly move up its like the have no power to move its very strange it’s like a bad connection for something

Last edited by yojja; 06-07-21 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-07-21, 07:50 AM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

If you need them that bad, i would take it to the dealer and get them to fix it.
Old 11-12-22, 08:22 AM
aaracena
5th Gear

Default Can't find the relay on 2017 ES300H

Please, your help to let me know the location of the relay. I'm also having issues with AUTO wiper

Old 11-12-22, 05:51 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by aaracena
Please, your help to let me know the location of the relay. I'm also having issues with AUTO wiper.
Look at the picture you posted. The black box on the far right, the narrow one running front to back, is the one you need to open. The lid shows which are the wiper relays. You can swap them both and that should set you up for the next few years.
Old 11-13-22, 04:51 AM
aaracena
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Mangsailor
Look at the picture you posted. The black box on the far right, the narrow one running front to back, is the one you need to open. The lid shows which are the wiper relays. You can swap them both and that should set you up for the next few years.
Thank you, I'm having trouble to identify... not sure if the picture is clear but if you could point the correct one. I pulled the relays out but seems different of what the reference on the thread mention. Thanks

Old 11-13-22, 02:42 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Thank you, I'm having trouble to identify... not sure if the picture is clear but if you could point the correct one. I pulled the relays out but seems different of what the reference on the thread mention. Thanks
Oh, well this is fun.

That is definitely not the right fuse box cover.

The relay is a orange/reddish color. So, maybe check the other fuse box under the hood? I should've figured a hybrid would be more different than I was expecting.
Old 11-13-22, 03:18 PM
eddie420

Received 634 Likes on 453 Posts

Please, your help to let me know the location of the relay. I'm also having issues with AUTO wiper
Per the owner's manual:

Old 11-14-22, 07:00 AM
aaracena
5th Gear

Hi! Thank you for your kind replies
unfortunately, none of them has the wiper fuse... I tried underneath the brake fluid as well...
Old 11-14-22, 02:13 PM
Jakerin
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

I hadn’t used my wipers for some time and when I did the other day the only way the ‘auto’ position worked was when I adjusted its speed. Then, the wipers took a single swipe but never again unless I adjusted its speed again. The light comes on the stalk but that’s it, no auto wipers. They do work slowly or quickly when I adjust the stalk but still, no auto wiping.
Old 11-14-22, 02:16 PM
aaracena
5th Gear

This describes exactly my problem as well, it's supposed to be fixed be replacing the relay however I can't find the location!!
Old 11-14-22, 02:52 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakerin
I hadn’t used my wipers for some time and when I did the other day the only way the ‘auto’ position worked was when I adjusted its speed. Then, the wipers took a single swipe but never again unless I adjusted its speed again. The light comes on the stalk but that’s it, no auto wipers. They do work slowly or quickly when I adjust the stalk but still, no auto wiping.
This describes exactly my problem as well, it's supposed to be fixed be replacing the relay however I can't find the location!!
@Jakerin & @aaracena - Do you two even know for sure how the 'automatic' wipers (i.e. activated by pushing in on the button on the end of the wiper stalk that turns the green light on) is supposed to work?

Do you understand what actually triggers the wipers to swipe the windshield?

Have you two ever tried activating the automatic wipers (by pushing in on the button on the end of the wiper stalk that turns the green light on) while driving when its raining?

You should give it a try - see what happens!

Last edited by bclexus; 11-14-22 at 03:50 PM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: Automatic Wipers not working