GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS350 F-Sport Triple beam led headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-18 | 12:50 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

5 months from now will be the December To Remember event... Not sure what pricing you'll be able to get on a 2019 model though.
Old 07-18-18 | 12:53 PM
jonathanz
Advanced

i just noticed it's July now and near Aug, we still don't see any 2019 GS, rumor might be right, no more 2019 model?
Old 07-18-18 | 12:57 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jonathanz
i just noticed it's July now and near Aug, we still don't see any 2019 GS, rumor might be right, no more 2019 model?
I'm quite certain there will be a 2019. I believe Lexus USA already confirmed that. The 2019 GS F is on the Lexus web site, but the GS300/350 is still showing 2018. It's worth noting though that the Lexus site also shows the 2019 RC F yet the 2018 RC300/350, and the LS500, ES350, RX350, etc. all still list the 2018 models and not the 2019s yet. So other than the F cars, I don't think Lexus has released any 2019 models.
The following users liked this post:
jonathanz (07-18-18)
Old 07-18-18 | 05:07 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Probably in August or September itll be up unless they keep it as 18. Not sure what they would change but I think the Nx is 19
Old 07-20-18 | 02:59 PM
jonathanz
Advanced

so i reached out to an broker and lexus dealer, both want $5k non-refundable to custom build the car i want.
also, no promise on rebate or discount until car arrived, depend on promotion at time when car arrived.
DAMN!
Old 07-20-18 | 04:01 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Tell them that’s fine as long as you get a 5-6k discount before the rebates/incentives. According to someone in Cali that didn’t get my business but wanted to give me advice, as long as America is in suv/crossovers sedans will always be discounted because they’re doing poorly and it should only get better in December since they want to increase their sales before the end of the year.
Old 07-20-18 | 05:13 PM
jonathanz
Advanced

i rather not risk since they said $5,000 deposit is NON-refundable. what if around that time the sales event isn't as good as now or for whatever reason for 2019 is different deals.
Old 07-20-18 | 05:43 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Mine was 2k non refundable. Honestly it’s not much of a savings for their promo. Lease incentives have bigger discounts but that gets eaten up for even leasing. Finance discounts are just apr rates which they can give better rates at any time. Cash incentives say they can’t be included with finance through Lexus financial. I leased mine because it’s the same to lease and then buy out as it is to just buy out now. So I have the option to change in 3 years but I’ll most likely buy out cause unless they come out with an amazing next gen gs I’m not changing. There’s also gap coverage with leasing so that works in my favor. The deposit can go towards future payments to. If you’re worried about it being a 2018 vs 2019 just custom order and make sure it’s a 19 so it qualifies for the promo.

ive also tracked the promo since ordering it it’s only gone up so no reason it would go down since like I said before, sedan sales are poor so they’re doing everything they can to try to boost those numbers and the biggest time they try is in December
Old 07-24-18 | 11:07 PM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Just how they skipped the 2012 Model year maybe they are doing the same skipping the 2019 model and going for a new GS in 2020....
Old 07-25-18 | 12:56 AM
JLRespTher
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by baconRx
Tell them that’s fine as long as you get a 5-6k discount before the rebates/incentives. According to someone in Cali that didn’t get my business but wanted to give me advice, as long as America is in suv/crossovers sedans will always be discounted because they’re doing poorly and it should only get better in December since they want to increase their sales before the end of the year.
I always find this weird how majority of people prefer to drive suv/crossovers then sedans

it’s true because where I live I know neighbors that have no kids or pets but yet prefer to to drive a highlander or a CRV, again I’m not hating I just find it interesting
Old 07-25-18 | 05:58 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Originally Posted by JLRespTher

I always find this weird how majority of people prefer to drive suv/crossovers then sedans

it’s true because where I live I know neighbors that have no kids or pets but yet prefer to to drive a highlander or a CRV, again I’m not hating I just find it interesting
i think mainly they can get in/out of the car easier and can load more stuff in trunk.
as for NE area crossover demand is very high due to snow.
Old 07-25-18 | 06:47 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

i think mainly they can get in/out of the car easier and can load more stuff in trunk.
as for NE area crossover demand is very high due to snow.
Very true.

My parents have a RAV4 and vow to never return to a sedan. They like sitting higher, the ease of getting in and out, and they like that they can be out and purchase a large item, then just fold the rear seat down and load up. In my experience with their RAV4, it doesn't force many concessions over a comparable sedan. Gas mileage is good, it has AWD for the snow, offers tons of room, and really drives quite competently.
Old 07-25-18 | 07:15 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Did the dealer that wants $5K non-refundable confirm with you that they would be able to order a 2019 GS? Lexus isn't going to build a 2018 at this point in the year, so that must mean that Lexus hasn't completely killed the GS yet...

Also, tell them to punch sand on non-refundable. That's asinine. It's too late to get the order in July now anyway, so you're looking at January at this point.
Old 07-25-18 | 07:26 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Did the dealer that wants $5K non-refundable confirm with you that they would be able to order a 2019 GS? Lexus isn't going to build a 2018 at this point in the year, so that must mean that Lexus hasn't completely killed the GS yet...

Also, tell them to punch sand on non-refundable. That's asinine. It's too late to get the order in July now anyway, so you're looking at January at this point.

I didn't want to move forward with them when they said is non-refundable, it's a gamble, what IF when car arrived they won't give me any discount? then i'll lose $5k. i like to have everything written black and white before I give any money down.
Old 07-25-18 | 09:49 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Mine came in 3 months but yea I’d say 4 to be safe. While they can’t promise the monthly lease incentive, finance will always be whatever you can negotiate. Also that’s why you negotiate a price now. If they agree to 6k before incentives then that’s what you sign to. Whatever incentive Lexus corporate gives in dec or Jan is still going to be good and added to you 6k. It’s has yet to drop and has always been above 3k since April.as I said before that lease incentive will remain just because the market demands suvs and in order to promote sedan sales they will offer that incentive. If this dealer doc is to be believed then invoice is at 4k discount so you’re good.... also I love my auto leveling triple beams. Definitely worth my wait
The following users liked this post:
jonathanz (07-26-18)

Quick Reply: GS350 F-Sport Triple beam led headlights