GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013 GS 350 F Sport AWD vs RWD Ride Height

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-18, 06:50 AM
ofliz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 GS 350 F Sport AWD vs RWD Ride Height

Hey guys, been a long time lurker and it's time to pull the trigger on an F Sport. My question is has anyone had experience lowering their F Sport AWD to a more acceptable height? I can deal with the differences (rear independent stability, smaller front brakes, non-staggered wheels) on the AWD but the stance is what I'm having a hard time getting over. I'm finding it hard to find exactly what I want in RWD but a few outstanding options in AWD that fits the bill.

I'm in VA so honestly no need for AWD. However the safety component is appealing with a growing family. However, I'm a true enthusiast who will be utilizing the F Sport in all it's glory.

If the AWD didn't look like it was 4x4, I'd already have one at this point.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the info over the past many months. I'm ready to jump in!

-Daniel
Old 07-20-18, 08:46 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 354 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by ofliz
Hey guys, been a long time lurker and it's time to pull the trigger on an F Sport. My question is has anyone had experience lowering their F Sport AWD to a more acceptable height? I can deal with the differences (rear independent stability, smaller front brakes, non-staggered wheels) on the AWD but the stance is what I'm having a hard time getting over. I'm finding it hard to find exactly what I want in RWD but a few outstanding options in AWD that fits the bill.

I'm in VA so honestly no need for AWD. However the safety component is appealing with a growing family. However, I'm a true enthusiast who will be utilizing the F Sport in all it's glory.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the info over the past many months. I'm ready to jump in!

-Daniel
Lots of members have dropped the AWD. Popular options for springs include Tanabe NF210 and RSR-Down or Super down.
Old 07-20-18, 09:01 AM
ofliz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by np20412
Lots of members have dropped the AWD. Popular options for springs include Tanabe NF210 and RSR-Down or Super down.

Awesome, thanks NP...didn't see any posts on it. Thanks again.
Old 07-20-18, 09:12 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome, thanks NP...didn't see any posts on it. Thanks again.
Check the suspension sub forum, should be a good amount. Here's a couple:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...abe-nf210.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...sport-awd.html
Old 07-20-18, 09:52 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

-Daniel
I'm also in VA and have an AWD. I haven't done it yet but many use Tanabe or RSR springs on their AWD. Personally I am holding out to get some coilovers but am definitely dropping this 4x4 cruiser!
Old 07-20-18, 12:20 PM
ofliz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
I'm also in VA and have an AWD. I haven't done it yet but many use Tanabe or RSR springs on their AWD. Personally I am holding out to get some coilovers but am definitely dropping this 4x4 cruiser!

It'll be night and day! Are coilovers in the works from a manufacturer? I'd prefer them over springs as well.
Old 07-20-18, 12:31 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

It'll be night and day! Are coilovers in the works from a manufacturer? I'd prefer them over springs as well.
BC Racing, Megan Racing, RSR all make coils for the AWD.