GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 GS350 AC Resetting at start up

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-18, 08:01 PM
JBTXGent
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2014 GS350 AC Resetting at start up

Hello, I am having an issue with my 2014 GS350. The issue is as follows. Any time that I let my car sit for a while (maybe 5mins or more, have not timed) the AC resets itself. What I mean by it resets itself is that when I start the vehicle the AC is in Auto mode but not blowing air. After about 30second(I have not timed this either) the Green light on the auto button turns off and the AC system stays off. I then have to either press the auto button to turn the AC system on or I have to turn it on manual by turning the fan up from off. Then other thing that I notice is that when turning the AC system back on the temperature is always set to 75degrees. Basically the AC does not recognize the previous setting for example if I turn the vehicle off and the AC is set to fan speed of 3 and temperature or 68, when I turn it back on after being away from the vehicle for a while, the vehicle goes back to auto, but not on. I know this in a minor issue but living in Texas the temperature gets very hot 110f plus the past week. I plan to add remote start to the vehicle to start cooling the vehicle down but with this issue there is no point for the remote start.

By the way: I have tried to disconnect the battery and reconnect after about 30second, this did not do anything. I have looked into all of the setting on the display that I have access to and changing any setting has not helped. Lastly I saw in an old LS460 post about checking the filter and making sure that it is seated properly/ not clogged and no of this seem to be the issue. Either

The only other possible other possible useful information that I have found is something about changing/ replacing the “climate amplifier”.

If anyone has heard anything about this issue and how to fix it, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-21-18, 10:01 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Have you recently had the A/C filter replaced? If the filter was installed incorrectly, or the filter was installed without first putting the system in 'recirculate' mode (possibly breaking a small tab inside the filter exclosure), or the filter door is not fully closed - it can cause the A/C to react exactly as you describe. The 75 degree reset each time is the telling feature of a problem. If the A/C filter has not been messed with recently then you likely have some other A/C issue and I'm afraid you'll need to take it to your Lexus dealership for analysis and repair.
The following users liked this post:
JBTXGent (07-26-18)
Old 07-26-18, 05:27 PM
JBTXGent
Driver School Candidate

Thank you @bclexus for the reply to my post. I had already checked the filter. I had not changed it but I checked it anyways. I had also seen other people mention something breaking when changing the filter. The filter in the glove box was not the issue. So I ended up taking the vehicle to a Lexus dealer ship. The technician ended up finding a servo on the driver side that was broken/malfunctioning which was causing the system to check itself at start up and reset to the default setting. I did not get any more information about the Servo that was malfunctioning like what is controls, but do plan to get more information. The repair cost was about $650 if anyone is curious on what that repair would cost. Your cost could vary in your area. After replacing the servo the AC system is now working properly at start up, staying on the previous setting.
Old 07-26-18, 06:37 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by JBTXGent
Thank you @bclexus for the reply to my post. I had already checked the filter. I had not changed it but I checked it anyways. I had also seen other people mention something breaking when changing the filter. The filter in the glove box was not the issue. So I ended up taking the vehicle to a Lexus dealer ship. The technician ended up finding a servo on the driver side that was broken/malfunctioning which was causing the system to check itself at start up and reset to the default setting. I did not get any more information about the Servo that was malfunctioning like what is controls, but do plan to get more information. The repair cost was about $650 if anyone is curious on what that repair would cost. Your cost could vary in your area. After replacing the servo the AC system is now working properly at start up, staying on the previous setting.
Glad you got it fixed...and all is cool for you now. It's been in the 100°s most every day recently here in the Dallas area.
Old 07-27-18, 11:37 AM
OneFunGS
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Interesting find and fix. My system did the exact same thing with the same symptoms because the battery was dying. I replace the car battery and it acted normal again. These cars are odd sometimes.
Old 11-16-18, 01:29 AM
Nasnasg
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have exactly the same problem in a gs 450h 2014 and even with the heated seat. It start only after 50 Seconds.
so please let me know what is the servo your dealer changed for you.
Old 08-31-21, 01:41 PM
sohailm
Driver School Candidate

Default Same issue 2013 GS350 F sport.

Originally Posted by Nasnasg
I have exactly the same problem in a gs 450h 2014 and even with the heated seat. It start only after 50 Seconds.
so please let me know what is the servo your dealer changed for you.
Can someone confirm what the servo is? I have the same exact issue and wondering if other folks also had to fix the Servo.
Old 09-01-21, 12:03 PM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by sohailm
Can someone confirm what the servo is? I have the same exact issue and wondering if other folks also had to fix the Servo.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ighlight=servo

Already discussed - Lexus has already initiated a recall on the matter. A lot of us here got a letter addressing it few months ago.
The following users liked this post:
2GR (09-03-21)
Old 01-31-22, 09:25 PM
abdulla350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sohailm
did u find the issue?
Old 02-12-22, 12:37 PM
Supraman18
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i still face this issue to date. Im starting to think it isnt the servos, but more so the A/C amplifier or ecu possibly ?
Old 02-16-22, 11:25 PM
ChickenNug
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Had the exact same problem on LS430. Also a servo motor issue... I guess that's the root cause.