GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Quickjack users?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-18, 10:03 PM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Quickjack users?

I am on the fence about ordering the Quickjack BL-5000 and am wondering if anyone else has already purchased one? I enjoy doing as much DIY as I can (oil changes, brakes, etc.) as well as detailing vehicles and I love the idea of the quickjack. If you have one, would you recommend it? Does it work well on the GS?
Old 08-15-18, 07:57 AM
rog1206
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I originally preordered the BL-6000XLT early this year for my Model S but realized it would be too long for all the other cars in the household (unless I set the frame jacks perpendicular to the cars, which I didn't like due to each jack being over 100lbs each). I ended up changing the order to a BL 5000EXT but it's backordered until next month. If I do get it on time, I'll let you know what I think of it.

-Rog
Old 11-05-18, 10:47 AM
rog1206
Pit Crew

Got the B-5000EXT in early September and after following the instruction manual that didn't match up with the model I received, I discovered the air cylinder(which is welded onto the hydraulic cylinder unit) on one of the frames wouldn't hold air. After 2 weeks of some back and forth emails with Bendpak, they sent me another hydraulic cylinder unit but it was for the BL-7000 and too long to fit in the version I have. It was also a refurbished unit. After contacting Bendpak again and waiting another 2-3 weeks, the correct cylinder finally shows up.

The 5000EXT model was barely long enough to reach the pinch welds on a 4GS while also being too wide to clear my side skirts so I used the car's frame rails instead. My car is also lowered but I was able to use the long rubber blocks with no clearance issues. It took a while to set up but it did make swapping wheels over a lot easier compared to using a floor jack. WIth the long rubber blocks, the car was a bit wobbly on the lower locking position.

I also tested the QuickJack on my wife's genesis coupe and it seemed much more stable for her car. This is with the pinch weld rubber blocks and using the car's pinch welds.

Excuse the crappy phone pics:

Old 11-05-18, 10:57 AM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

Goodness, sounds like it was a process just to get the thing properly set up. Also sounds like it might not be the right tool for a 4GS? When dropping that kind of coin, I like to make sure its a perfect fit. Whats your final recommendation?
Old 11-05-18, 11:21 AM
rog1206
Pit Crew

Once you get use to setting it up, it won't take that long, especially if you store them under a car by pushing them together and disconnecting the hoses. Setting it up for each car is different so you'll be using a different combination of of lifting points and rubber blocks.

I'd recommend it only if you do quite a bit of work on cars. If you plan on using it for detailing, do you have a driveway that has a minimal amount of slope? If so, this can make detailing a lot easier so you don't have to bend over all the time but also be able to clean under the car along with the wheel well areas. These frames aren't light and weight about 85+ lbs each, with small wheels on the end to help scoot them around the garage. The wheels only useful on smooth floors with any grooves or cracks in the ground over 1/4" rendering them worthless. Don't know why they didn't use bigger wheels but it might be due to them not clearing the car as the frames start lifting.

If i was only going to work on one corner of a car, I'd just stick with using a floor jack and stands for that.

Also, try looking for some discounts online. I think I saw a hefty discount when the SEMA show was going on.
The following 2 users liked this post by rog1206:
Coolchuck (11-05-18), jonathancl (11-05-18)
Old 11-05-18, 05:08 PM
Coolchuck
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

Funny, I was jut looking at these Saturday. Just not sure how helpful it will really be with work under the car, like exhaust for example.
Old 11-05-18, 06:10 PM
rog1206
Pit Crew

If it's an axle back, no problemo. Catback? Not with the frame rails of the car on the QJ since it's too narrow of a space to work. I think the pinch welds would have worked if I didn't the side skirts on.
Old 06-20-21, 06:42 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rog1206
The 5000EXT model was barely long enough to reach the pinch welds on a 4GS while also being too wide to clear my side skirts so I used the car's frame rails instead. My car is also lowered but I was able to use the long rubber blocks with no clearance issues. It took a while to set up but it did make swapping wheels over a lot easier compared to using a floor jack. WIth the long rubber blocks, the car was a bit wobbly on the lower locking position.
What were the measurements of your vehicle as they pertained to the QuickJack sizing recommendations? I just ordered the 5000SLX for an IS350, but I suspect I'll need the extensions. I did this intentionally because I have a smaller vehicle as well that I know won't work with the EXT version. Based on my measurements, the SLX + extensions should work for both and allow for a wider range of vehicle applications.
Old 06-20-21, 10:39 AM
rog1206
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nitroracer
What were the measurements of your vehicle as they pertained to the QuickJack sizing recommendations? I just ordered the 5000SLX for an IS350, but I suspect I'll need the extensions. I did this intentionally because I have a smaller vehicle as well that I know won't work with the EXT version. Based on my measurements, the SLX + extensions should work for both and allow for a wider range of vehicle applications.
Don't have the measurements on me right now but the IS should have similar frame rail cutouts like the GS. Even the EXT is barely long enough to lift from the pinch welds but check this out:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post11005573
The following users liked this post:
2GR (06-21-21)
Old 06-21-21, 05:53 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Talking

Don't have the measurements on me right now but the IS should have similar frame rail cutouts like the GS. Even the EXT is barely long enough to lift from the pinch welds but check this out:

Did you try stacking the blocks to clear your side skirts? The manual says one medium on top of one large is fine.

Their website says the SLX + extension is exactly equal to the EXT. I'd like to use the lift as intended and thus lift from the factory points. Again, according to their specs, it should fit. I guess I'll have to wait to see if I miscalculated.

Costco has a sale on them right now so I pulled the trigger.

Last edited by nitroracer; 06-21-21 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-08-21, 10:12 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Was able to lift my IS using the frame rails, as well. I'm glad it worked out.