GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Help me Find these carbon Fiber Mudguards

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-18 | 10:34 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Default Help me Find these carbon Fiber Mudguards

I like these because they are flat and not ugly like the factory mudguards, kind of like mudflaps.

Last edited by peasodos; 08-22-18 at 10:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TOPENDMS (04-27-20)
Old 08-22-18 | 11:15 PM
veez81
Intermediate

https://www.instagram.com/thecarbonguards

i don’t think he has a webpage so you have to DM his Instagram account. I was debating getting them but they’re like $180, couldn’t convince myself.
Old 11-25-18 | 08:06 AM
Fourbullys
Driver School Candidate

Default Don't do it

Don't buy from him. I never received mine and neither did lots of other people. Had to file a PayPal claim against him. Jon perez is his name at the time he was calling himself Carbon Guards.
Niralsp88 (11-29-18)
Old 11-26-18 | 03:01 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fourbullys
Don't buy from him. I never received mine and neither did lots of other people. Had to file a PayPal claim against him. Jon perez is his name at the time he was calling himself Carbon Guards.
Yeah I've seen the bad posts on several forums about these guys, but had a local forum member reach out to me couple months ago with pics of the carbon guards he received, man these things are quality. I also saw some of their work online, that look like quality also.
I contacted John last week. I figured I had nothing to loose trying to purchase it, expecting them to ship this week.

Last edited by peasodos; 12-11-18 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-28-18 | 11:24 AM
Fourbullys
Driver School Candidate

Default Don't do it

I know that they look good online and believe me I really wanted them to go with all the other carbon fiber parts I have. I gave him 5 months and he always said next week. Never recieved them and he stopped replying to email. What is he calling himself these days anyway?
Old 11-28-18 | 11:49 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fourbullys
I know that they look good online and believe me I really wanted them to go with all the other carbon fiber parts I have. I gave him 5 months and he always said next week. Never recieved them and he stopped replying to email. What is he calling himself these days anyway?

John Perez
shadowcraftusa@gmail.com
Chicago Composites

https://www.instagram.com/shadowcraftusa
Old 12-07-18 | 04:56 PM
rtalnique
Pit Crew

My little saga with this "vendor."

September 11 - Paid for carbon guards and carbon fiber OEM mirrors. I was told it would be around 1.5 weeks turnaround time.
October 13 - Received just the GSF carbon guards which I was told would fit the GS350 but the holes don't match up.
October 27 - Sent over a diagram of where the holes should be drilled for the GS350 carbon guards. (vendor couldn't get a local GS into the shop)
December 4 - Received carbon fiber OEM mirrors. I tried for 1.5-2 hours to get them on and no matter what I tried, they wouldn't line up. It wasn't even close.

I now have to send the mirrors back for a refund and hopefully I'll receive the carbon guards at some point....

The worst part of this? The carbon fiber work is high quality and I'd love to give them more business but I don't have the energy for this. Delay after delay and I have to keep following up for updates instead of the other way around. Here are some pictures...

Old 12-08-18 | 05:09 PM
baconRx
Instructor

i need these as well. is there not a vendor on here that can come up with something?
Old 04-08-19 | 10:52 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

I eventually ended up getting these from the vendor after months and filing a charge back with my credit card.

For the front you have to re-drill the top two holes, these were made for the GSF and the fender liner holes are different. I just bolted the bottom, then slid the mudguard behind the fender liner marked the holes, took it off, and drilled them out.
It's subtle and in my opinion looks way better than the factory mudguards. For the rears you have to take the wheels off to install it, otherwise not hard.

Old 03-15-20 | 06:51 PM
hngo69
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peasodos
I eventually ended up getting these from the vendor after months and filing a charge back with my credit card.

For the front you have to re-drill the top two holes, these were made for the GSF and the fender liner holes are different. I just bolted the bottom, then slid the mudguard behind the fender liner marked the holes, took it off, and drilled them out.
It's subtle and in my opinion looks way better than the factory mudguards. For the rears you have to take the wheels off to install it, otherwise not hard.

Hi Peasodos,

Those look great. I am taking delivery of my 2016 F Sport this Saturday and would like to do something like this.

I found a local guy who said he can replicate these for $180. He just needs a template or measurement to copy from.

Anyone know where I would be able to get this template?

Thanks

The following 2 users liked this post by hngo69:
bob256k (03-15-20), Nick999 (04-27-20)
Old 03-15-20 | 09:56 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hngo69
Hi Peasodos,

Those look great. I am taking delivery of my 2016 F Sport this Saturday and would like to do something like this.

I found a local guy who said he can replicate these for $180. He just needs a template or measurement to copy from.

Anyone know where I would be able to get this template?
Thanks
I traced a template for someone a while back before I installed it on the car. Don't really want to take them off again. I also used security screws(one at the bottom of the front one and two on the rears) when I installed it and lost the key, so they are basically on there for good. I guess someone could get it off with a pair of pliers but still a good deterrent.
I would create a WTB post in the CL marketplace, I've seen a few come up for sale. Someone might sell you theirs or have a set that's not installed to trace a template for you.

Last edited by peasodos; 03-15-20 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-16-20 | 06:35 PM
hngo69
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peasodos
I traced a template for someone a while back before I installed it on the car. Don't really want to take them off again. I also used security screws(one at the bottom of the front one and two on the rears) when I installed it and lost the key, so they are basically on there for good. I guess someone could get it off with a pair of pliers but still a good deterrent.
I would create a WTB post in the CL marketplace, I've seen a few come up for sale. Someone might sell you theirs or have a set that's not installed to trace a template for you.
Thanks for the suggestion @peasodos . I think I will approach it a different way. Since there are videos showing the pieces, can use this to create my template. Just need a size reference to scale it.

Old 03-16-20 | 08:50 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hngo69
Thanks for the suggestion @peasodos . I think I will approach it a different way. Since there are videos showing the pieces, can use this to create my template. Just need a size reference to scale it.
cut some cereal box. Remove the 2-3 clips on the bottom of the fender were you would install it. Slide in the cardboard. Mark the holes for the clips and draw the shape of the mudguard until your satisfied and cut it out.
hngo69 (03-16-20)
Old 04-27-20 | 03:49 PM
Nick999
Driver School Candidate

Default Carbon fiber mud guards

Where did you get these carbon fiber mud guards? How much?
Old 04-29-20 | 09:14 PM
initial
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nick999
Where did you get these carbon fiber mud guards? How much?
I wouldn't recommend getting them from that vendor on instagram. I heard horror stories about him on here.

Quick Reply: Help me Find these carbon Fiber Mudguards