GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Beatsonic Smart Phone mirroring

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-21, 05:09 AM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Are you on wifi when using it with a tv vs 4g/5g data in the car?

Also which wireless receiver are you using, the ScreenBeam Mini 2?
I've used both WiFi and cellular data while on the TV without an issue.

Yes, I'm using the ScreenBeam Mini 2.
Old 03-12-21, 01:23 PM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Neophyte2b
I've used both WiFi and cellular data while on the TV without an issue.

Yes, I'm using the ScreenBeam Mini 2.
Sound like a connection issue to that device, maybe try the ScreenBeam on a TV using an HDMI input?
Old 03-12-21, 08:32 PM
MBradshaw
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Has anyone had any issues using Google maps with the Beatsonic smartphone mirroring device? Every time I use Google maps, the screen mirroring connection drops. This doesn't happen with any other apps other than Google maps. However, this is problematic because one of the major reasons that I installed the Beatsonic unit was to use Google maps. Any thoughts as to why this is occurring and what I can do to solve the problem?
What kind of phone do you have? I have an Iphone Xs Max and Google Maps works fine - but Waze gives me nothing but a black/blank screen. I've had the Beatsonic setup for months, through several updates of the app - still no luck. Everything else works fine. Go figure - it's something with the syncing of the mirror function, as best I can tell.
Old 03-13-21, 11:17 AM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MBradshaw
What kind of phone do you have? I have an Iphone Xs Max and Google Maps works fine - but Waze gives me nothing but a black/blank screen. I've had the Beatsonic setup for months, through several updates of the app - still no luck. Everything else works fine. Go figure - it's something with the syncing of the mirror function, as best I can tell.
I have a Note 9. It must be the Beatsonic unit that's the culprit.
Old 03-13-21, 11:23 AM
BMGS
Racer

I have a Note 9. It must be the Beatsonic unit that's the culprit.
I would try with a direct wired connection first to rule out the wireless connection being the issue. The BeatSonic unit is just a digital to analog converter, it shouldn't matter what type of signal is being sent. If a specific app is causing an issue that tells me that it's likely an issue with the phone and its wireless connection to the ScreenBeam Mini 2.
Old 03-13-21, 11:34 AM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BMGS
I would try with a direct wired connection first to rule out the wireless connection being the issue. The BeatSonic unit is just a digital to analog converter, it shouldn't matter what type of signal is being sent. If a specific app is causing an issue that tells me that it's likely an issue with the phone and its wireless connection to the ScreenBeam Mini 2.
I hear what you're saying, but I've used that phone and that wireless adapter on a television numerous times without an issue. In addition, if it's the phone or the wireless adapter, then why wouldn't there be problems with the connection with other apps? I don't think that the adapter knows whether I'm using the Google maps app or if I'm using the Netflix app. Google maps is still running on my phone when the connection drops. I've even used another phone, and it's the same issue with the same app. I don't think that it's the wireless adapter either because it worked fine on the television set. It's just strange.

Last edited by Neophyte2b; 03-13-21 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-13-21, 01:41 PM
BMGS
Racer

I hear what you're saying, but I've used that phone and that wireless adapter on a television numerous times without an issue. In addition, if it's the phone or the wireless adapter, then why wouldn't there be problems with the connection with other apps? I don't think that the adapter knows whether I'm using the Google maps app or if I'm using the Netflix app. Google maps is still running on my phone when the connection drops. I've even used another phone, and it's the same issue with the same app. I don't think that it's the wireless adapter either because it worked fine on the television set. It's just strange.
Yeah that is strange. I prefer the wired connection for a bit of extra smoothness and the charging capability. My only nit with that was a cable sticking out of the dash but I ran the HDMI cable hidden through the center console to hide it.