GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Are all 2013-2015 F Sport headlights the same?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-20, 10:15 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by gsfwin
i recently just put these headlights on a f sport with no afs. my driver side headlight is aimed correctly but passenger side is way off. i did a manual adjustment on both sides to try to even out the gap but still looks off..i adjusted the driver side all the way up and passenger side all the way down. it would not turn anymore as it has reached its limit. my question is that if i get the ecu would it readjust the aim as well? im thinking it cant readjust unless theres some other internal electronic adjuster otherwise manually it is maxed out..i feel like im blinding people in front of me as opposed to oncoming traffic since my passenger side is the one that is aimed very high
The afs ecu controls the up/down and left right movement of the headlights, right now you don't have any of those movements. so yes that would correct your poblem.
Old 11-03-20, 10:36 AM
gsfwin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i understand that it adjust itself when the car is moving. how about when it is stationary? Would i have to readjust it to where it was before?
Old 11-03-20, 10:56 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

i understand that it adjust itself when the car is moving. how about when it is stationary? Would i have to readjust it to where it was before?
The manual adjustment is different from the electronic adjustment on each led. The manual adjustment moves the aim of the entire assembly. The electronic adjustment is on each individual light.

Probably when the car that had these headlights got into the accident the steering wheel was turned or it was going down/uphill. So the headlight aim is stuck in whatever position it was at the time of the accident. When you put the correct afs ecu the individual headlights will reset to the default position.

When I turn my car on the headlights do a dance, move up/down then left right, system tests itself. The only way for you to correct the aim without the afs ecu is to remove the lens and move the leds by hand.
Old 11-03-20, 11:03 AM
gsfwin
Driver School Candidate

Thank you!! this helped a lot..one more question..will I need the switch as well? or will it work without it? as i dont plan on turning off the afs feature
Old 11-03-20, 11:16 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you!! this helped a lot..one more question..will I need the switch as well? or will it work without it? as i dont plan on turning off the afs feature
Yes you need the afs off switch otherwise the system detects a fault and disables the whole afs system.
Old 11-03-20, 11:25 AM
gsfwin
Driver School Candidate

awesome..i will try this!
Old 11-30-20, 12:48 PM
gsfwin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peasodos
Yes you need the afs off switch otherwise the system detects a fault and disables the whole afs system.
So I ordered the ecu and switch. It got rid of the warning light but the afs off flashes now. Any thoughts?
Old 11-30-20, 12:51 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

So I ordered the ecu and switch. It got rid of the warning light but the afs off flashes now. Any thoughts?
Not sure you should search and ask other people who did this mod on the f-sport, my car was not f-sport, so it was plug and play.
I think a wire on the headlight harness might be missing or something else on the f-sport, probably compare wiring diagrams to tell for sure.
Old 11-30-20, 01:22 PM
gsfwin
Driver School Candidate

Not sure you should search and ask other people who did this mod on the f-sport, my car was not f-sport, so it was plug and play.
I think a wire on the headlight harness might be missing or something else on the f-sport, probably compare wiring diagrams to tell for sure.
Did you have to take the car to lexus for reprogramming the new ecu?
Old 11-30-20, 01:27 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Did you have to take the car to lexus for reprogramming the new ecu?
No plug and play. I have also added a few factory options to my car like HUD and it’s all plug and play, no programming.
Old 11-30-20, 04:28 PM
Neil64
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Peasodos,

How hard was it to HUD? Any pics of what it looks like on the 450h?
Old 11-30-20, 09:26 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neil64
Peasodos,

How hard was it to HUD? Any pics of what it looks like on the 450h?
If you get the right tools(dremel and extension) it's not too hard. I cut the dash and my hand the wrong way before I got the right tools.

Here is my DIY
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post10306900

Final result(much clearer in person):

Old 11-30-20, 09:42 PM
Neil64
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Hud

Nice job and thanks for the link.
Old 12-02-20, 05:17 PM
eddie420

Received 629 Likes on 451 Posts

I cut the dash and my hand the wrong way before I got the right tools.
Your poor hands! You made the sacrifice so the rest of us can succeed!
Old 12-07-20, 12:10 PM
gsfwin
Driver School Candidate

No plug and play. I have also added a few factory options to my car like HUD and it’s all plug and play, no programming.
reason i ask is because the car doesnt do the dance when i start it. although it does go up/down when going uphill/downhill..but seems to lag a bit..doesnt go right/left..when i am in park it does move left/right when i turn the steering wheel but an inch or so at best. Maybe its because its f sport. There is someone with the same problem but does have the switch and when he went to get it programmed to go left/right he ended up with an additional warning light but afs worked..then now they are telling him that they are not able to get the afs to work without the lights on dash. So im wondering if i can get it programmed for afs to work and since i have the afs off switch i will have the dash without any lights on.

also when i installed the ecu..the headlight did readjust...do i need to go back and manually adjust it to original setting or it does not matter since the ecu readjust it anyways

Quick Reply: Are all 2013-2015 F Sport headlights the same?