Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Damnit!!!!! My wife caught me. That’s not good. :-/

Old 09-18-18, 05:57 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 285 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by FI4runner

This gave me a good chuckle. Classic redirection.. "it's the f sport, it's like that. How are my wheels and where did you park?"
Old 09-18-18, 05:59 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

She knows it's louder than it was. You're in trouble!

Old 09-19-18, 12:19 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

HAHAH! Nice!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-20-18, 12:38 AM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by np20412
This gave me a good chuckle. Classic redirection.. "it's the f sport, it's like that. How are my wheels and where did you park?"
LOL!! Yep!!
I came home from my work trip today, and she was like
Her: “I never noticed your car being as loud, maybe it’s because I’m always a passenger and this time I was the driver”

Me: “yep, that’s probably it babe. It’s the FSport, they’re just louder. Wheels are good - no dings?”

Her: “no, I was very careful”
LOL.

I had King shocks for my Tundra delivered last week. Thought I’d be sneaky and download the UPS app to click the option to drop them on the back porch so she wouldn’t see them at the front door when she came home before me. Sure enough at 8pm she let the cat out the back door and was like- “uhhhh, what is in this King Racing box?” Me - Shocks babe - the previous owner lifted the truck wrong and I blew a shock.
Lol

Last edited by FI4runner; 09-20-18 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-20-18, 10:59 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

Dang King shocks for a Tundra.. How big of a lift?

My budget kept me in the "fox" range.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-20-18, 01:54 PM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Dang King shocks for a Tundra.. How big of a lift?

My budget kept me in the "fox" range.

-Josh
LOL - yea, they're spendy!
I'm setting the Kings at 3" so they'll ride as designed - then adding a .50" shim for a total of 3.5" lift.
I'm currently at 2" level front (pic), nothing in rear and running 35" Trail Grapplers. I did quite a bit of cutting on the front bumper :-) Trying to keep it low so the kids can still get in/out (I don't do side steps)

Old 09-20-18, 03:14 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 285 Likes on 210 Posts

LOL - yea, they're spendy!
I'm setting the Kings at 3" so they'll ride as designed - then adding a .50" shim for a total of 3.5" lift.
I'm currently at 2" level front (pic), nothing in rear and running 35" Trail Grapplers. I did quite a bit of cutting on the front bumper :-) Trying to keep it low so the kids can still get in/out (I don't do side steps)
At least you live somewhere that a lift might actually be beneficial for you. Not like me; I live in cookie cutter suburbia and see way too many lifted F150s as soon as I leave my neighborhood.
Old 09-20-18, 03:52 PM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by np20412
At least you live somewhere that a lift might actually be beneficial for you. Not like me; I live in cookie cutter suburbia and see way too many lifted F150s as soon as I leave my neighborhood.
Yea, that's my front yard lol. I'm picking up 1,500 lbs of seed Friday, 1,500 lbs of fertilizer Sunday and a truck/trailer full of farm equipment (it gets used like a truck) :-)

Last edited by FI4runner; 09-20-18 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-11-18, 02:06 PM
Magnaflow
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptRog21
Few pics from underneath and a link to a short clip showing a cold start. I will get some footage of me actually driving around tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsUdZLlqXxQ
Sounds awesome, Rog! Thanks for choosing Magnaflow for your Lexus!

Originally Posted by JaxNole
Can you share which Magnaflow mufflers you had installed? Looking forward to the vids.
They appear to be our 5x8x14" center-in-offset-out mufflers. You can browse our full line of them by visiting our site here:
https://www.magnaflow.com/automotive...oval/products/

If you have any questions send over a PM!
Old 10-11-18, 09:33 PM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnaflow
Sounds awesome, Rog! Thanks for choosing Magnaflow for your Lexus!

They appear to be our 5x8x14" center-in-offset-out mufflers. You can browse our full line of them by visiting our site here:
https://www.magnaflow.com/automotive...oval/products/

If you have any questions send over a PM!

Wish I could say they were staying on the car! I just noticed the other day the shop I had install them did not use the hangar on the car but welded the support rod right to the car. Makes for a very bad drone and vibration inside the car. I can feel it in the steering wheel, arm wrest and just about anywhere else in the car. Disappointed to say the least.
Old 10-11-18, 10:32 PM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Wish I could say they were staying on the car! I just noticed the other day the shop I had install them did not use the hangar on the car but welded the support rod right to the car. Makes for a very bad drone and vibration inside the car. I can feel it in the steering wheel, arm wrest and just about anywhere else in the car. Disappointed to say the least.
Uh, please tell me you’re using a different shop this go-around!?! I’ve never heard of such a thing!? How hard is it to weld a rod to the muffler and use the stock rubber locations!? That’s crazy!

Im telling ya - the Tanabe is the ticket! LOL
(no offense Magnaflow, I’ve given you plenty of money LOL)

PS - Magnaflow, you should try to market specific vehicles. I know it would be an entire business model change, but Dirty Deeds just did a group buy on Tundras.com and took in 74 orders for cat-back systems in about 2 weeks. They spent a little R&D time and got it right. And it’s pretty much “the” system for Tundra owners.
The good-ole’ days of slapping glass packs or cherry bombs are long gone. Many want a precision tuned sound, not something that’s just plain loud. In order to do that, R&D costs rise, I understand. But if you launch a custom line and really try to focus on specific markets, you could benefit greatly. People are willing to pay $1,000.00 for a system, vs a $80.00 Magnaflow muffler. Something to consider. PM me if you need a local PNW sales rep on your new line LMAO
(j/k, I’m a large business co-owner as well)
Old 10-11-18, 11:05 PM
eddie420

Received 622 Likes on 446 Posts

Uh, please tell me you’re using a different shop this go-around!?! I’ve never heard of such a thing!? How hard is it to weld a rod to the muffler and use the stock rubber locations!? That’s crazy!

Im telling ya - the Tanabe is the ticket! LOL
(no offense Magnaflow, I’ve given you plenty of money LOL)

PS - Magnaflow, you should try to market specific vehicles. I know it would be an entire business model change, but Dirty Deeds just did a group buy on Tundras.com and took in 74 orders for cat-back systems in about 2 weeks. They spent a little R&D time and got it right. And it’s pretty much “the” system for Tundra owners.
The good-ole’ days of slapping glass packs or cherry bombs are long gone. Many want a precision tuned sound, not something that’s just plain loud. In order to do that, R&D costs rise, I understand. But if you launch a custom line and really try to focus on specific markets, you could benefit greatly. People are willing to pay $1,000.00 for a system, vs a $80.00 Magnaflow muffler. Something to consider. PM me if you need a local PNW sales rep on your new line LMAO
LOL. Sorry for the immaturity, I am young at heart.

The following users liked this post:
FI4runner (10-15-18)
Old 10-12-18, 09:26 AM
Magnaflow
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Rog, that is disappointing to say the least. We are not sure why the shop would install the mufflers like that; we have never heard of that being done before. You would expect that someone who worked on exhausts would know that mufflers have to be insulated from the car body. We did have some doubts when we initially saw the spray-painted hangers in your pictures. We might even recommend returning to the shop to correct the work or get a refund.

The mufflers you purchased are not a lost cause, though, and can easily be installed correctly in the hands of a capable exhaust shop. It would save you the money of buying another set of new mufflers/full exhaust. We would be happy to help you locate one of our authorized installers in your area. Please shoot us a PM if we can offer any help!

Hi Runner, thank you for your support. This has actually been our direction for some time now! We specialize in building quality application-specific axleback and catback systems that deliver the best performance gains and sound possible. We have invested in a state of the art R&D facility that contains a flow bench, 4 different dynos, and a Faro laser scanner that allows us to develop products with exceptional fitment and optimal power. It's true that Lexus isn't our core market, but we currently offer 20+ direct-fit systems for late-model Lexus vehicles, with plans for more in the near future. We do not push our universal mufflers much at all, but we continue to offer a wide selection of them because we know there will always be custom applications, people looking for affordable sound upgrades, etc. that call for them. You can stay up to date on everything we're doing by following our social channels @magnaflow on IG and FB!

Also, if you are interested in becoming an authorized Magnaflow reseller, please shoot us a PM and we can provide you with the details!
The following users liked this post:
FI4runner (10-15-18)
Old 10-12-18, 11:08 PM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

PM sent. thanks.