GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Special Edition 2017 F-Sport Model??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-18, 12:04 PM
FSportBill
Driver

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Special Edition 2017 F-Sport Model??

Hello Everyone, first time post but long time lurker......I have a 2014 GS350 F-Sport with about 34,000 miles.....Atomic Silver with Cabernet leather interior.....and the ML stereo is awesome!! I LOVE my GS but was looking at the Blue Mica color and want one baaaaadddd!!…...but can't find any 2016 or 2017 for sale.....I don't want to but a new one...….just looking for a fair priced used or certified one cuz I want someone else to take the depreciation hit when they drive it off the lot.

anyway, I can across this one... https://www.autobahngallery.com/vehi...7bdf67faaf72f#

Is this a special Edition F-Sport or just modified?? If it's modded then were do I find all the cool stuff that I can add to mine if I wanna keep it??!!…….like the flat bottom steering wheel, the quad exhaust tips, the fog lights, the front lower lip or whatever it's called, the rear trunk lid spoiler, etc...…

The ONLY thing keeping me from buying this beauty ASAP is it appears to NOT have the ML stereo?!......deal breaker!!

What are your thoughts??????

Old 09-15-18, 12:10 PM
eddie420

Received 630 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportBill
Hello Everyone, first time post but long time lurker......I have a 2014 GS350 F-Sport with about 34,000 miles.....Atomic Silver with Cabernet leather interior.....and the ML stereo is awesome!! I LOVE my GS but was looking at the Blue Mica color and want one baaaaadddd!!…...but can't find any 2016 or 2017 for sale.....I don't want to but a new one...….just looking for a fair priced used or certified one cuz I want someone else to take the depreciation hit when they drive it off the lot.

anyway, I can across this one... https://www.autobahngallery.com/vehi...7bdf67faaf72f#

Is this a special Edition F-Sport or just modified?? If it's modded then were do I find all the cool stuff that I can add to mine if I wanna keep it??!!…….like the flat bottom steering wheel, the quad exhaust tips, the fog lights, the front lower lip or whatever it's called, the rear trunk lid spoiler, etc...…

The ONLY thing keeping me from buying this beauty ASAP is it appears to NOT have the ML stereo?!......deal breaker!!

What are your thoughts??????
It's modified. Blacked out grill, front and side skirt spoilers, CF side mirror caps, custom steering wheel, nothing else stands out (other than what you mentioned... diffuser/exhaust, etc). See image below for what it came with. It's a good car. Go for it.

The following users liked this post:
FSportBill (09-15-18)
Old 09-15-18, 02:45 PM
FSportBill
Driver

Originally Posted by eddie420
It's modified. Blacked out grill, front and side skirt spoilers, CF side mirror caps, custom steering wheel, nothing else stands out (other than what you mentioned... diffuser/exhaust, etc). See image below for what it came with. It's a good car. Go for it.

It's a damn cool looking GS but if I'm going to get rid of my low mileage F-Sport then I'll get exactly what I want......has to have the ML stereo!.....and I prefer the RWD with the 8 speed trans over AWD....

Where do I find aftermarket accessories for my 2014 GS??…...anyone have a website they can recommend??

Thanks for the Info!
Old 09-15-18, 02:56 PM
eddie420

It's a damn cool looking GS but if I'm going to get rid of my low mileage F-Sport then I'll get exactly what I want......has to have the ML stereo!.....and I prefer the RWD with the 8 speed trans over AWD....

Where do I find aftermarket accessories for my 2014 GS??…...anyone have a website they can recommend??

Thanks for the Info!
2013-2015 aftermarket accessories exist and most of them can be found on eBay from reputable dealers. There are a lot of vendors on here that can help you out. Some are responsive, others not so much.

I've bought stuff from Josh@DCTMS for my steering wheel, see here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rom-dctms.html
I've bought stuff from Josh@MerakiAutoworks for suspension stuff.
There are forums just for vendors to advertise here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...s-for-4gs-284/
FSportBill (09-15-18)
Old 09-16-18, 10:38 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Thanks for the Info!
I’d seriously consider it if the fog lights work well. Wonder why they did so many mods and got rid of it so quickly. Gsf rims and led dogs are the most expensive mods I see. Jdm visors are nice unless they’re the wells ones. At this point if you want a new one then I’d custom order. If they’re gonna have a 2019 then they won’t have the 18 for you to custom order. 18 incentives are only going up even after lexus’s Model year end golden opportunity event and it went up by 1.5k
Old 09-16-18, 05:39 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Wow, someone has excellent taste, that is a perfectly modded car in my opinion. They spend a lot of money on mods and then got rid of it. What a gem.
Old 09-16-18, 06:47 PM
FSportBill
Driver

Old 09-16-18, 06:50 PM
FSportBill
Driver

I think the reason I love that car so much is the color!.....I test drove an IS350 F-Sport yesterday in the same color and loved the color but the car doesn't compare at all to mine! I test drove it because I want that color! I can't give up my car because it's CPO from Lexus for another 6 months, I love all the options and it's fully loaded, it has less then 35,000 miles and it's paid for. sooooooo, I've decided to have it fully wrapped in a color as close as possible to the ultrasonic blue mica. The side mirrors and rear spoiler lip will be wrapped in a separate color that closely matches the dark graphite F-Sport rims. I'm also going to have the brake calipers painted blue at the same time to match the wrap. I hope it turns out a nice as I hope because I'm sick about dreaming about finding a GS350 in that color that I like!...….the one with the link I provided is AWD so it has a 6 speed trans and NO ML stereo...….I love my ML stereo!!

Anyway, here you ride now...….
Old 09-16-18, 06:53 PM
FSportBill
Driver

I meant...….that's my ride now......damn fat fingers and small keyboard...….anyway...….I love my car just can't wait to get it wrapped ultrasonic blue mica now!!…...I'll have the exact car I want!!! :-)
Old 09-17-18, 05:10 AM
eddie420

I meant...….that's my ride now......damn fat fingers and small keyboard...….anyway...….I love my car just can't wait to get it wrapped ultrasonic blue mica now!!…...I'll have the exact car I want!!! :-)
Nice, my friend wrapped his white BMW with 3M Vampire Red vinyl wrap. Here are two pics (each with different front lips). Make sure you get a quality installer to wrap it or if you are comfortable doing it yourself.

Old 09-17-18, 08:56 PM
FSportBill
Driver

Nice, my friend wrapped his white BMW with 3M Vampire Red vinyl wrap. Here are two pics (each with different front lips). Make sure you get a quality installer to wrap it or if you are comfortable doing it yourself.

Looks so nice!......I noticed the door jambs are still white.....I'll leave mine silver which should hopefully look decent with the Ultrasonice Blue Mica wrap...….the prices are all over the board from the places I called......I'll visit the top 2 shops on my wish list and see which one I like better then get er done!
Old 09-18-18, 01:38 AM
eddie420

Looks so nice!......I noticed the door jambs are still white.....I'll leave mine silver which should hopefully look decent with the Ultrasonice Blue Mica wrap...….the prices are all over the board from the places I called......I'll visit the top 2 shops on my wish list and see which one I like better then get er done!
Jambs are very expensive, $500 per jamb. Also legally if the cops pull you over, you need to show the original car color. Door jambs is the easiest way to show it.
FSportBill (09-18-18)
Old 09-18-18, 10:43 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jambs are very expensive, $500 per jamb. Also legally if the cops pull you over, you need to show the original car color. Door jambs is the easiest way to show it.
Is that a NJ law thing? I've heard people talking about such things, but I have never seen anyone say they've experienced any issues like that before.
Old 09-18-18, 01:23 PM
eddie420

Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
Is that a NJ law thing? I've heard people talking about such things, but I have never seen anyone say they've experienced any issues like that before.
Not sure if NJ is exclusive or whether this law exists... but when my buddy was pulled over, the cop said the color did not match the registration card and demanded to see the original paint. He opened the door and showed them where the wrap ended and the factory paint started. I'd be talking out of my rear end if I said I knew anymore on this topic. I googled whether vinyl wrapping the car was illegal without updating the registration and came to no solid conclusion.
Old 09-19-18, 10:32 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure if NJ is exclusive or whether this law exists... but when my buddy was pulled over, the cop said the color did not match the registration card and demanded to see the original paint. He opened the door and showed them where the wrap ended and the factory paint started. I'd be talking out of my rear end if I said I knew anymore on this topic. I googled whether vinyl wrapping the car was illegal without updating the registration and came to no solid conclusion.
Yea, not sure if it was just that particular cop who wanted to be picky or if it is an actual law. It may be an actual law in some places, but probably something not typically enforced or have much attention paid to. If anything, even if you get the door jambs done, the engine bay is probably always going to be the original color there anywhere.