Email from Lexus about Enform update

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-18 | 09:40 AM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Default Email from Lexus about Enform update

Well, this is stupid...
Dear Lexus Guest,

Thank you for being a Lexus Enform App Suite customer.

As technology and markets change, third party application providers continuously evolve their products and services. On or around November 13th, 2018 a multimedia system update will appear on your vehicle display. After completion, PandoraŽ, OpenTableŽ, and Facebook Places will no longer be available in Lexus Enform App Suite, as these products and services will no longer be supported by the third party application providers.

In your Lexus, you can still enjoy PandoraŽ and other popular music applications via Bluetooth or USB connection.
The following users liked this post:
rmes350F (09-18-18)
Old 09-18-18 | 10:09 AM
tejanp
Pit Crew

lol. I don't remember the last time i have even considered using OpenTable or Facebook via Enform. Actually, I forgot i have that option till now.
Old 09-18-18 | 10:33 AM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

I use it for Pandora constantly.
Old 09-18-18 | 10:39 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Yeah, it's quite a bummer. I have used Pandora through Enform every day for years. I know I can pull it up through Bluetooth on my phone, but I frequently change Pandora stations on the road and would have to pull the app up on my phone to do that.
Old 09-18-18 | 11:29 AM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

I assume the update is within the enform app on the phone, right? I don't think Lexus can reprogram the infotainment system on a 2013 over the air. So if I prevent the app from updating again, wonder what the chances are that it will keep working???
Old 09-18-18 | 11:34 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
I assume the update is within the enform app on the phone, right? I don't think Lexus can reprogram the infotainment system on a 2013 over the air. So if I prevent the app from updating again, wonder what the chances are that it will keep working???
You'll get an over the air update in the car.

It will look like this:

Old 09-18-18 | 11:35 AM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

You'd also have to delay every update of the multimedia system in your vehicle. I imagine that on 11/13 you will be presented with one as well as an update to the App Suite on your phone. You can set the app updates to manual on your phone to avoid that one.
Old 09-18-18 | 04:34 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

This is the type of BS that may steer me away from Lexus in the future. No Android Auto and then they pull this. Pandora is the only thing I use regularly in Enform. I like Slacker, too, but I'm sure that will go next.
Old 09-18-18 | 04:58 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mike728
This is the type of BS that may steer me away from Lexus in the future. No Android Auto and then they pull this. Pandora is the only thing I use regularly in Enform. I like Slacker, too, but I'm sure that will go next.
I get it, but am not sure where else to go. I don't care for MB designs. I like BMW, but they charge a yearly subscription for CarPlay and they don't offer Android Auto. Not a big Audi fan either though they do have great tech. I like the Genesis G80 but that thing is just so heavy. Not enough choices I guess.
Old 09-18-18 | 06:35 PM
eddie420

Originally Posted by JDR76
I get it, but am not sure where else to go. I don't care for MB designs. I like BMW, but they charge a yearly subscription for CarPlay and they don't offer Android Auto. Not a big Audi fan either though they do have great tech. I like the Genesis G80 but that thing is just so heavy. Not enough choices I guess.
Can't believe this is an issue for someone that is an enthusiast. There are so many options out there (e.g., Beatsonic) that allow you to mirror your entire phone on the screen. I love mine and it works heck of a lot better than Android Auto. I understand it is not everyone's cup-of-Joe but nothing beats the mirroring solution. It works either via USB to HDMI wire or by wireless. Both work exceptionally.
Old 09-18-18 | 07:50 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Beatsonic? I think $0 for Enform is a better deal than $359 for Beatsonic. What no-cost options are there for mirroring?
Old 09-19-18 | 07:13 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eddie420
Can't believe this is an issue for someone that is an enthusiast. There are so many options out there (e.g., Beatsonic) that allow you to mirror your entire phone on the screen. I love mine and it works heck of a lot better than Android Auto. I understand it is not everyone's cup-of-Joe but nothing beats the mirroring solution. It works either via USB to HDMI wire or by wireless. Both work exceptionally.
Huh? What does being an enthusiast have to do with screen mirroring or listening to Pandora? I'm not seeing the connection.

I have thought about something like Beatsonic before, but never really had a need since Enform offered exactly what I needed. With just under a year left on my lease I am starting to explore all options, and it seems a bit silly to spend money on something like Beatsonic at this point.
Old 09-19-18 | 10:53 AM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

The Beatsonic "solution" is trash.

You still need an ugly phone holder mounted to the dash because the stupid thing can't be controlled with the mouse. No thanks.

I too have no idea what being an enthusiast has to do with this either. I use this car for work, errands, and getting around in general. Radio here is awful. I get LA and San Diego stations, but both come in weak and the Pandora solution worked decently.
Old 09-19-18 | 12:26 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Contact Lexus (email or phone) about their decision to remove Pandora. They gave a link on the email sent out.
Old 09-19-18 | 03:00 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

They most likely don't care about my opinion. Since it appears the GS is going away, odds are this is my final Lexus.

Quick Reply: Email from Lexus about Enform update