GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models
View Poll Results: Do you like this Badge for your F-Sport?
YES! Put me down for one!
13.04%
No!
65.22%
Meh, It can go without the "Equipped"
26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

F-Sport Equipped - Badge

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-18, 12:00 PM
GRL10GUY
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up F-Sport Equipped - Badge

Everyone,

I have been trying to hunt down this one badge that reads "F-Sport Equipped" that Im not clear if this was an actual Badge that was Manufactured by Lexus or if it was a private company or dealership that had it produced but then halted production of it.

This weekend I was doing some shopping at the local swampmeet and saw a guy putting it on his car as I pulled in, I asked him where he got that and said there was a guy inside selling them.

Went inside to look for the guy and found him! Only to be heart broken when he told me that it was the last one, but he may have another 5 at his house and he would be bring them by this weekend. I cheered up and am hoping that he found them.

If any of you are interested in one please let me know and I will pick one up for you, he said that he is asking thirty bucks for them but I will talk him down as low as possible.

Wish me luck!
Old 10-24-18, 12:28 PM
uibalnme
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Like any performance badge from any other company, it shouldn’t need “equipped”. I haven’t seen any “M equipped” badges on a bmw, likewise for dodge’s demon or hellcat. Cadillac doesn’t have a V equipped badge, nor does Chevy put a Z06 equipped badge on the Z06 ‘vette.

The badge, in and of itself, shows what the car is equipped with.

if you like, go for it. However, I’m guessing those “equipped” badges were not a Lexus product.

Last edited by uibalnme; 10-24-18 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-24-18, 12:57 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

One word: FUGLY
Old 10-24-18, 12:57 PM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts

The badge itself looks nice. But to me, it just looks cheesy. But forget what anyone says. It's your car. Do what YOU think looks nice.... You will be the one driving it.
Old 10-24-18, 01:31 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I'd probably opt for the black pearl stock version.
Old 10-24-18, 03:28 PM
GRL10GUY
Driver School Candidate

The "F" badge means it is a "F" - IS-F, GS-F, RC-F
The "F-Sport" badge means that is has the F-Sport Package from factory.
This "F-Sport Equipped" badge would mean that the vehicle comes with the F-Sport Pkg, but also has F-Sport Equipment that was not installed from factory. This definitely corresponds to the status of my car, at least.

I have tough skin, say all the nastiest of things I can take it! LOL!
Old 10-24-18, 04:59 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Originally Posted by GRL10GUY
This "F-Sport Equipped" badge would mean that the vehicle comes with the F-Sport Pkg, but also has F-Sport Equipment that was not installed from factory.
What F-Sport equipment have you installed that was not installed from the factory? Why is it important to you to make that information known by advertising it with a custom badge? It makes no sense to me.
Old 10-24-18, 05:16 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 267 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
What F-Sport equipment have you installed that was not installed from the factory? Why is it important to you to make that information known by advertising it with a custom badge? It makes no sense to me.
One thing I have noticed about ClubLexus is a bunch of people here are always talking down to other members; if you don't like it WHY COMMENT? Personally I don't really like the badge but why should i care what someone does on THEIR car, given it doesnt affect me or is unsafe for other drivers? Y'all act like you paid off the car and pay the insurance too
The following 2 users liked this post by bob256k:
ECL (10-25-18), GRL10GUY (10-25-18)
Old 10-24-18, 05:54 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
Originally Posted by bob256k
One thing I have noticed about ClubLexus is a bunch of people here are always talking down to other members; if you don't like it WHY COMMENT? Personally I don't really like the badge but why should i care what someone does on THEIR car, given it doesnt affect me or is unsafe for other drivers? Y'all act like you paid off the car and pay the insurance too
You quoted my post so I presume you have a problem with what I said. I did not talk down to the OP. I asked him a serious question...because I seriously wanted to know what his thought process is since it made no sense to me.

You may want to re-read my post again (maybe a few times) and try to look at it from a different view...especially considering the OP made a poll question [in essence] asking what people thought of his idea. And, of course you can see that the results of the poll are not favorable. I'm not sure why you are questioning the replies.

Last edited by bclexus; 10-24-18 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-24-18, 05:58 PM
eddie420

Received 622 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by bob256k
I think it's more a friendly banter rather than talking down. A little bit of pushing is fun, gets the creative juices flowing. LOL

EDIT: First thing I did when I got the car was de-badge the trunk except for the Lexus emblem in the back. Say NO to tacky factory badges.
Old 10-24-18, 06:05 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eddie420
I think it's more a friendly banter rather than talking down. A little bit of pushing is fun, gets the creative juices flowing. LOL

EDIT: First thing I did when I got the car was de-badge the trunk except for the Lexus emblem in the back. Say NO to tacky factory badges.

Old 10-25-18, 12:28 AM
GRL10GUY
Driver School Candidate

Bob,

You know, I was watching this show called "Kidding" with Jim Carrey, as his character he said something that made sense, I feel that this applies to this event, goes little something like this:

"Don't expect compliments from an insecure person"

Old 10-25-18, 12:33 AM
GRL10GUY
Driver School Candidate

bclexus,

To answer your question about my thought process, I will answer it with a question to you?

What is your thought process when you get a car with Blind spot monitoring? Cant you simply turn your head?

What is your thought process when you get a car with Intuitive park assist? Cant you gauge the distance of your car with your own instinct?

See, none of those things make sense to me, but it does to you so that is all that matters. Choice of words always matter, and bclexus, its ok bro. its.....ok.

lets all give him a hug so he can feel better!
Old 10-25-18, 12:39 AM
GRL10GUY
Driver School Candidate

Almost forgot, so yeah about the badge - I still dig it! any one else want one?
Old 10-25-18, 08:48 AM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GRL10GUY
Almost forgot, so yeah about the badge - I still dig it! any one else want one?
Maybe you should get this badge and add it in your car while you're add it. It'll match beautifully with it.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Equipped - Badge