GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Is this a good price for 2013 GS350 AWD F SPORT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-18, 09:18 AM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Is this a good price for 2013 GS350 AWD F SPORT?

I dropped by a car lot today to look at a 2013 GS350 AWD F SPORT with 34K miles. It has the blind spot monitoring system and navigation. They had it listed at $25,930. I didn't know, however, that it was a non-negotiable price. Nowhere on their website does it say that the listed prices are "no-hassle". I didn't even bother looking at the car after the salesman said that to me up front. I just wanted to confirm with you guys whether that price was way too high. From looking at sites like Edmunds, Car Gurus, etc... the price looks too high to consider. Thoughts?
Old 10-26-18, 10:14 AM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Neophyte2b
I dropped by a car lot today to look at a 2013 GS350 AWD F SPORT with 34K miles. It has the blind spot monitoring system and navigation. They had it listed at $25,930. I didn't know, however, that it was a non-negotiable price. Nowhere on their website does it say that the listed prices are "no-hassle". I didn't even bother looking at the car after the salesman said that to me up front. I just wanted to confirm with you guys whether that price was way too high. From looking at sites like Edmunds, Car Gurus, etc... the price looks too high to consider. Thoughts?
My tracker has an average of $24K and 50K mileage for east coast 2013's. I don't differentiate between F Sport and Base as they tend to converge as they get older. The low mileage is what is causing the bump in price. Looking at individual vehicles that I'm tracking $24.5 to $26K is spread for that mileage. Being a no hassle dealer you could most likely do better but not by much.
Old 10-26-18, 01:21 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,149 Likes on 848 Posts

The price is good for a 2013 AWD F-Sport with such low mileage. You'll be hard pressed to find any low mileage AWD F-Sport like that with a clean carfax/good service history with a lower price.
Old 10-26-18, 03:01 PM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Thanks for the feedback. I have one other concern. When I compare the Carfax report to the Auto check report, the vehicle history doesn't match exactly. For example, the Carfax says that the services were performed at a Kia dealership while the Autocheck states that the services were performed at a Lexus dealership in the same city. The dates also don't match exactly all of the time nor do the mileage logs at the services. The mileages do converge to a match on certain similar dates, though. Is this a cause for concern?
Old 10-26-18, 03:06 PM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Thanks for the feedback. I have one other concern. When I compare the Carfax report to the Auto check report, the vehicle history doesn't match exactly. For example, the Carfax says that the services were performed at a Kia dealership while the Autocheck states that the services were performed at a Lexus dealership in the same city. The dates also don't match exactly all of the time nor do the mileage logs at the services. The mileages do converge to a match on certain similar dates, though. Is this a cause for concern?
I'd say so. Which one is the real deal? I'd do some research that before any committal.
Old 10-26-18, 03:09 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

That's a tough one - I personally would not like to see the two different agencies reporting such information. Someone's sources are incorrect but its tough to tell which one - some folks and dealerships swear by Carfax and others are starting to go with AutoCheck.

I recommend registering with lexus drivers (https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/), plug in the VIN as if the car is yours and see if anything comes back under the Service History data that Lexus has on file. If it was serviced, espeically by a Lexus Dealership or a mixture of non Lexus/Lexus, then it should came back on that site...

Last edited by AJLex19; 10-26-18 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-26-18, 05:38 PM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Thanks again for the feedback. I used the Lexus Drivers site. That was a great idea. The vehicle did show up in the Lexus records, so the Autocheck is the more accurate report. That makes me feel a little better.

So, in summary, would you all purchase this vehicle for $25930 (that doesn't include TTL) if it's in clean condition?
Old 10-26-18, 06:54 PM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Thanks again for the feedback. I used the Lexus Drivers site. That was a great idea. The vehicle did show up in the Lexus records, so the Autocheck is the more accurate report. That makes me feel a little better.

So, in summary, would you all purchase this vehicle for $25930 (that doesn't include TTL) if it's in clean condition?
The history checks out now so if it passes your inspection, yes.
Old 10-26-18, 09:25 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Yes its such a low mileage GS and that's hard to find in a 5-6year old car...it has less miles than most 3yr lease returns! But since there may not be a warranty involved (you never mentioned so I'm guessing no), i'd have an independent mechanic or have the car inspected by a local Lexus dealership if possible.

If it all checks out, its definitely a keeper! Good luck and let us know if you buy it
Old 10-28-18, 08:36 PM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Well, I purchased the vehicle this weekend for $25,480. I'm excited to pick it up on Monday. Thanks again for the help!