GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Aftermarket Remote Start options for 2015 GS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-18, 01:35 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Aftermarket Remote Start options for 2015 GS?

Anyone here with have installed an aftermarket remote start on their GS? If so any particular models you'd recommend? I'd prefer a 2-way communication remote start and looking at the iDataLink systems as I hear they are the best for these Lexus models since they can easily integrate into the factory alarm system.

iDATALink Remote Start Systems
Old 11-08-18, 06:40 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I added a Compustar system with Drone Mobile so that i could start my car with a cell phone. I'm pretty sure Compustar uses iDatalink hardware since iDatalink kept coming up when I was researching remote start options. Either way my Compustar system works great, no extra key fobs, hit the lock button three times and the car starts. When I'm in my office and want to start the car remotely the Drone Mobile app works great. The app tells you if the car is on, doors are locked, battery level and the temperature inside your car. You can also get the location of your car and a bunch of other things that i don't need based on the subscription you sign up for. Although i haven't added the additional aux options yet, drone mobile can also control your windows. However all aftermarket systems suffer from the same issues as a factory remote start, when you open a door the car shuts off.
Old 11-11-18, 02:31 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

I guess no one else has a remote start huh? Unless they are using the ENFORM app to do that but again would require a subscription which is what I am trying to avoid as I believe it was introduced in 2015+ models?
The following users liked this post:
MOB561 (09-02-20)
Old 11-11-18, 03:37 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Sorry I cannot help. I use the Enform Remote app.
Old 11-11-18, 04:21 PM
eddie420

Received 637 Likes on 456 Posts

Sorry, I use Enform remote.
Old 11-27-18, 02:26 PM
2jS160
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm currently working on finalizing the purchase on a Fortin EVO-ALL along with the Thar-Toy6 PNP T-harness. It works just like the OEM remote start by pressing lock 3 to activate/deactivate. Fortin can be programmed in increments of 3, 7 or 15 minutes. According to the instructions only three wires will need to be hard wired when using the harness. This is the same as the iDatalink the 3IS guys uses but the Fotin unit has a optional harness for a cleaner and easier installation.

The ebay seller is local to me in Deer Park, NY and if all goes well it's only $107 picked up if you install it yourself. Otherwise they'll charge $8 for shipping. Mike has also agreed to flash the latest firmware and program the unit to my specs before pick up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORTIN-EVO-ALL-Bypass-module-for-remote-start/362264043853?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://fortin.ca/en/vehicles/lexus/...push-to-start/

https://fortin.ca/en/products/t-harnesses/thar-toy6/

Required to flash and program the unit.

https://fortin.ca/en/products/access...-link_updater/

If anyone wants to directly purchase through Mike send me a PM and I can provide you with his contact. He runs a legitimate business with store front that sell audio & security equipment. I highly recommend contacting him for all you electronic needs.

Last edited by 2jS160; 12-13-18 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-12-18, 01:59 PM
michael7278
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the Fortin EVO-All with T harness mentioned above 2 weeks ago and I am happy with it.
Took an hour to install not including the flashing of the option via a PC (another 30 mins) - not bad for the first time with this brand.
Aside from the T harness you only need 2 extra wires CAN2 Hi and Low which I chose to solder and not use a crimp type tap.

You can fairly easily add RF kits to increase range over the standard OEM remote (3000 ft claimed), or other modules to control via cellphone. I skipped these.....for now
Mike
2jS160 (12-13-18)
Old 12-13-18, 09:44 AM
2jS160
Driver

Originally Posted by michael7278
I installed the Fortin EVO-All with T harness mentioned above 2 weeks ago and I am happy with it.
Took an hour to install not including the flashing of the option via a PC (another 30 mins) - not bad for the first time with this brand.
Aside from the T harness you only need 2 extra wires CAN2 Hi and Low which I chose to solder and not use a crimp type tap.

You can fairly easily add RF kits to increase range over the standard OEM remote (3000 ft claimed), or other modules to control via cellphone. I skipped these.....for now
Mike
Thanks for being the first to instal the kit and confirming the ease of installation with the T-Harness.

Did you follow the Stand Alone Installation without Take Over with T-harness for Automatic Transmission only?

https://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/705...ts_a_70511.pdf

Why did you forgo tapping the optional Fortin White/Black wire to our Green wire (-Start/Stop)? Any idea what advantage/disadvantage there is to tapping this?

I believe that the RF kit will only work with their aftermarket remotes and isn't compatible with our OEM key fob. I'd love the additional range but not at the cost of carrying an addition remote.
Old 12-13-18, 12:04 PM
michael7278
Driver School Candidate

Yes i used the 70511 guide you listed.
The optional wire is to enable "Idle mode" which I didnt care about (Leave engine running, get out of car, lock doors with engine running)
Yes the RF kit uses its own remotes, which I didnt want to carry either. for now the OEM remotes range is good enough for me.
I recommend preparing the T harness before the install (cutting and capping extra wires you dont need for your application, wrapping up extra connectors ("B" in your case) with electrical or fabric tape) to keep things neat and out of harms way under the dash.
I drilled a small hole next to the ODB2 Connector under the dash to install the toggle switch for Valet mode. There was a perfect little area which was recessed so it wont get hit accidentally.
There is no need to install a hood pin as the car already has an OEM one. I confirmed car wont start with hood open.

Good luck on your install and let me know if you need any more info....

Mike
2jS160 (12-13-18)
Old 12-13-18, 02:38 PM
truongma
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Compustar Pro G15 installed, it comes with 2 two-way remotes(some previous models only came with 1 two-way remote), 3 miles range. I have it installed a year ago and has been flawlessly. You can pair this system with idatalink, I also have it programmed to remote start with the factory key fob by pressing lock button 3 times, so I can either remote start with the key fob or the compustar remote. These Pro series are the best in the market, I paid like $500 bucks here in Boston area.
Old 12-13-18, 03:29 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 366 Likes on 255 Posts

Anyone have experience with this one: 12 Volt Lexus GS350 PTS Plug and Play?

It claims the same functionality as the factory remote start option available for 2013-2014 models.

Last edited by jonathancl; 12-14-18 at 05:19 AM.
Old 12-13-18, 03:56 PM
BUZY3215
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought the 12volt solution but haven't installed it yet. My GS is still in the shop getting a face and butt lift, . I will be installing it along with beat sonic once I get it back. Fingers crossed it works...
jonathancl (12-13-18)
Old 12-13-18, 04:27 PM
2jS160
Driver

Originally Posted by michael7278
The optional wire is to enable "Idle mode" which I didnt care about (Leave engine running, get out of car, lock doors with engine running)

I drilled a small hole next to the ODB2 Connector under the dash to install the toggle switch for Valet mode. There was a perfect little area which was recessed so it wont get hit accidentally.

Mike
Thanks for the awesome DIY write up. I'm waiting for a break in weather to install mine. What did you end up using for the Mandatory toggle switch for the Valet mode? Does it connect to the Fortin Yellow/Black (Start/Stop external control) wire?
Old 12-13-18, 04:37 PM
2jS160
Driver

Originally Posted by jonathancl
Anyone have experience with this one?

It claims the same functionality as the factory remote start option available for 2013-2014 models.
It appears to function exactly like the Fortin EVO-All + THAR-TOY6 Harness. Three to four wire taps to save $187 and retain OEM remote start functions is a win win in my book.
Old 12-14-18, 04:11 AM
michael7278
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2jS160
Thanks for the awesome DIY write up. I'm waiting for a break in weather to install mine. What did you end up using for the Mandatory toggle switch for the Valet mode? Does it connect to the Fortin Yellow/Black (Start/Stop external control) wire?
i used a switch I had laying around.
any small SPST switch will do, here is one similar to one I used:
SPST Toggle Switch Wires On/Off Metal Mini Small Automotive/Boat/Car/Truck https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078825ZQH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7V5eCb8195945

It connects to the Dark blue wire on the T harness and other side of switch to any ground.
I chose not to tie up the module inside the dash and left it out so I can easily get to it to change options if I wanted to, without having to unbutton the dash again. There is a nice pocket to the top left of the foot rest which worked perfectly.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Remote Start options for 2015 GS?