GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dashboard Cracking

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-23, 06:24 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,321 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Knowing how I am, a split in the dash would definitely cause me to get rid of the car and replace it.

It drives me bonkers if I see few pin-head size bits of dust on my dash.
I could not keep my eyes off of it for a sec if it showed up in my car. Would aggravate me obsessively.

Last edited by jgscott; 11-30-23 at 07:02 AM. Reason: typo
The following users liked this post:
bclexus (11-30-23)
Old 11-30-23, 06:51 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Knowing how I am, a split in the dash would definitely cause me to get rid of the car and replace it.

It drives me bonkers if I see few pin-head size bits of dust on my dash.
I keep a Swiffer duster in my door pocket. Dust drives me crazy.

Last edited by charley95; 11-30-23 at 07:57 AM.
bclexus (11-30-23)
Old 11-30-23, 07:22 AM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

It would aggravate the **** out of me too. My eyes would go straight to the dash every time I got in the car.

Really hope it doesn’t happen because I’m sure replacing the dash is $$$ and would leave me kind of with a bad taste for Lexus, considering no other car I’ve owned had interior panels that cracked. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever been in any car with a cracked dash in my area, so hopefully my climate is not conducive to cracking, or something.
bclexus (11-30-23)
Old 11-30-23, 07:52 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

I'm not going to worry about. If it happens to my extremely low mileage car it will be gone from my eyes in a matter of mere days and replaced with something else that will not necessarily be branded with the Lexus name.

I will NOT put up with a split in my dash and I don't feel that putting some moldable putty squeezed into the gap will be any kind of permanent fix I'd be happy with the results. I will NEVER agree to have the dash removed and replaced by Lexus because I know full-well there will be some scars, scrapes, scratches, gouges and gashes - not to mention creaks, squeaks and rattles as a result of replacing the dash. I don't want to be thinking about that crap before replacement or dealing with it after replacement. I wouldn't want that bull**** to bug the hell out of me waiting for the replacement day to come.

I intend to avoid that headache altogether on purpose to retain sanity. If I'm unlucky and get a split dash I'll deal with it in my own way as I see fit, which will not involve getting it fixed, but instead getting rid of the car.

Last edited by bclexus; 11-30-23 at 08:42 AM. Reason: orthography
Old 11-30-23, 10:01 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jgscott
I got the Lexus Customer Dash support letter also. Don't know if it's still in effect?
Secondary coverage is for 10 years from the vehicle's date of first use.

Im2bz2p345 (12-14-23)
Old 12-02-23, 11:38 AM
MayBaeGS
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dropping mine next week

When I saw this thread i immediately call Lexus customer care and they gave me the code to provide to the dealership when I called if they didn’t find it in the system.

When I called the dealership service department and I was scheduled to bring it in to looked at. I received a call yesterday him telling me it’s been approved and to bring in for replacement dash, we will see how this goes.
Im2bz2p345 (12-14-23)
Old 12-02-23, 12:27 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MayBaeGS
When I saw this thread i immediately call Lexus customer care and they gave me the code to provide to the dealership when I called if they didn’t find it in the system.

When I called the dealership service department and I was scheduled to bring it in to looked at. I received a call yesterday him telling me it’s been approved and to bring in for replacement dash, we will see how this goes.
Do you think maybe it might be relevant to reveal what year and model your Lexus vehicle might be and its date of first use?
jgscott (12-02-23)
Old 12-04-23, 09:37 PM
MayBaeGS
4th Gear

Do you think maybe it might be relevant to reveal what year and model your Lexus vehicle might be and its date of first use?
uhh yea sure, 15’ GS350 F sprt my date of first use was Nov. 2020…. 1st owner not sure, any and all paperwork he had on the car was from Lexus so I will assume it wasn’t hard for them to find for themselves.

All I know is, 1 year after I got the car summer rolled around and there it was a crack forming, found a mobile auto upholstery guy on Craigslist he did an amazing job, couldn’t even tell, I would have used him again, but come to find out he’s since retired.

Now here I am two years later with the same crack I can’t stand looking at.
Im2bz2p345 (12-14-23)
Old 01-15-24, 12:25 PM
tomgarv
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

hey, Flex:
I searched for Cera-trim, but they have numerous products. Which did you use?
THE LAST COAT CeraTrim Shine Spray for Cars, Trim and Restores. THE LAST COAT CeraTrim Shine Spray for Cars, Trim and Restores.
THE LAST COAT CeraTrim Shine Spray for Cars, Trim and Restores. THE LAST COAT CeraTrim Shine Spray for Cars, Trim and Restores.
$29.99
My real question is "sticky dash" did it work? I have tried DASH-Fix and Renew also the Australian vendor. Some helped a bit but after even 4 or 5 coats
it is better, by 60%. Some products say "do not use if another Sealer has been applied" Did you try previous products? I did get a significant improvement on the flat, black dash at the windshield . Except it was very shiny. I need polarized sunglasses always. tried to dull the finish, UNsuccessfully. Lastly was your product listed for use on the Exterior, exclusively? It says made for that, but I take a risk. Life on the wild side, you know.
thanks for any input . Tom

I did try for dealer replacement . Was denied in 2022. LS 460 yr. 2011 in Service 2011
Old 01-15-24, 04:41 PM
MayBaeGS
4th Gear

Default Update on dash replacement

Originally Posted by MayBaeGS

*** It’s been over a month no rattling no nothing I wanted to wait a while before jumping and saying they did a good job on my replacement! It is official Lexus South in Union City, GA did an amazing job and I’m beyond satisfied!!** hope this helps someone else in Atlanta