GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How much did you pay???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-19, 06:52 PM
Banzaicows
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought it about 2 weeks ago. 2015 f sport white with Cabernet interior. Doesn’t have any other packages besides nav and f sport. 25k miles, $25900 plus ttt. Not cpo, warranty runs through this year.
Old 02-26-19, 08:01 PM
TimGSs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchase a 2015, white on black with NAV, ML, BSM, park assist, non CPO 20k miles for 28k plus TTL
Old 02-26-19, 08:09 PM
robm
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Purchased mine about a week ago. 2015 AWD F Sport. White w/black interior, ML, BSM, Navi, Heated Steering Wheel, not sure if anything else. 17k miles, one owner lease return not CPO. 9 months left on 4yr factory warranty. 29k +TTL.

Just noticed the advertisement and sticker on the car listed some items not on the vehicle: Front fog lights, headlight cleaning. Oh well, it drives great!
Old 02-26-19, 08:25 PM
mrminsky
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Bought mine for $29500 F Sport in white with black interior and 29K miles The car is loaded with everything and it is CPO along with new brakes and front tires. I have 1 year left of the original warranty plus the 2 years of the CPO. I looked at a couple of cars without the CPO and close to the end of warranty for about $27000 to $28000, One of the benefits of buying the car directly from Lexus is the fact that they usually get the lease returns first with about a year left of warranty. Once they do whatever the car needs which in my case it included the brakes, tires, oil change and all the filters along with the CPO, it is truly worth the $2K to $3K premium. The extra 3 years of Lexus warranty for a 15 model is a lot of peace of mind. The Mark Levinson sound is a must! For those of you who looked at newer cars, I love that my GS350 does not have the stupid engine shut off when the car comes to a stop. That is one of the most annoying things about all the new cars
Old 02-27-19, 01:27 AM
silver4gs
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Got CPO 2015 F Sport RWD 34k miles with no options, Atomic Silver with Cabernet interior for 26k + TTL a couple weeks ago (29k OTD with gap insurance). Pretty happy with the purchase so far other than the crappy tires that are on the car right now. It was a lease return so I'm pretty sure the previous owner was thinking let's just put some cheap tires on it since it was getting returned anyways. Thinking of getting 19x8.5 rims + 245/40/19 tires square setup when current tires need changing (prob late this year or early next year from the looks of the threads). Not too sure why the F Sport RWD is a staggered setup, but I'll be saving money on tires this way in the long run
Old 02-27-19, 04:43 AM
Nxplicable
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CPO and tires...

Originally Posted by silver4gs
Got CPO 2015 F Sport RWD 34k miles with no options, Atomic Silver with Cabernet interior for 26k + TTL a couple weeks ago (29k OTD with gap insurance). Pretty happy with the purchase so far other than the crappy tires that are on the car right now. It was a lease return so I'm pretty sure the previous owner was thinking let's just put some cheap tires on it since it was getting returned anyways. Thinking of getting 19x8.5 rims + 245/40/19 tires square setup when current tires need changing (prob late this year or early next year from the looks of the threads). Not too sure why the F Sport RWD is a staggered setup, but I'll be saving money on tires this way in the long run
Congrats on the new ride man. I love that Atomic Silver.

So, about those tires...My recent purchase was the same scenario - lease return by a tight wad who wanted the cheapest Walmart tire replacement possible. Literally - they were friggin H rated tires - rated to 130 MPH. ANY car capable of a 143 MPH top speed like the Lexus (4)GS series should have a minimum tire speed rating of V. I was blown away that the dealer's CPO manager allowed these crappy Nexen CP671 tires to pass certification. No offense to Kia owners out there, but that tire is factory for things like Kia Fortes and Souls. ugh

I had a lengthy e-mail chain with the saleman I was dealing with before the purchase, and in the end, he stated that a bunch of people from the dealership had meetings to discuss this based on my assertion, come to a concensus and then they moved forward by installing Michelin MXM4 V rated tires that are pretty much stock tires for an F-Sport. I suggest you do the same if your tires are less than a "V" rating.

Good luck! Send me a PM if you want help with the language. And DEF. do it in e-mail so you have a record.

Bill
Old 02-27-19, 05:20 AM
mrminsky
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nxplicable

So, about those tires...My recent purchase was the same scenario - lease return by a tight wad who wanted the cheapest Walmart tire replacement possible. Literally - they were friggin H rated tires - rated to 130 MPH. ANY car capable of a 143 MPH top speed like the Lexus (4)GS series should have a minimum tire speed rating of V. I was blown away that the dealer's CPO manager allowed these crappy Nexen CP671 tires to pass certification. No offense to Kia owners out there, but that tire is factory for things like Kia Fortes and Souls. ugh

I had a lengthy e-mail chain with the saleman I was dealing with before the purchase, and in the end, he stated that a bunch of people from the dealership had meetings to discuss this based on my assertion, come to a concensus and then they moved forward by installing Michelin MXM4 V rated tires that are pretty much stock tires for an F-Sport. I suggest you do the same if your tires are less than a "V" rating.

Good luck! Send me a PM if you want help with the language. And DEF. do it in e-mail so you have a record.

Bill
V rated tires? is this for the staggered setup? I was under the impression that tires must be rated at least a Y even if replacing with All Seasons.
Old 02-27-19, 06:51 PM
Nxplicable
Rookie

Default Tire Speed Rating

Originally Posted by mrminsky
V rated tires? is this for the staggered setup? I was under the impression that tires must be rated at least a Y even if replacing with All Seasons.
Hey Mrminsky, RWD with staggered or AWD with the same size, the GS Base and F Sport max out at 143 MPH, governer limited. So, unless you're somehow magically adding crazy horsepower and overriding your governed top speed, getting Y rated tires (186 MPH max) gives you a higher price tag, busier ride quality and, well, better cornering? Believe me, I've always put Z (which were from back in the day what V does now) and now V rated tires even on my Mazdas because they really improve handling quite significantly. But the GS doesn't require Y rated. But get them if you wish!

Now, if you're talking about the GS-F, that's a different story! That beast can zing up to 168 MPH and DEFINITELY requires Y rated tires minimum.

I often use Tirerack.com as a reference. Especially for their tech talks about things like speed ratings for tires. Here's an example:

Old 02-27-19, 10:35 PM
silver4gs
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Nxplicable

Bill
I think I'm SOL on this one. My tires are Y rated (Accelera Phi), better than yours I guess, but still cheap. I'm also thinking of picking up some Yokohama Advan Sport All Seasons if I'm keeping this staggered setup ($200 a pop at Tire Rack).
Old 02-28-19, 05:21 AM
Nxplicable
Rookie

Default Well damn

Originally Posted by silver4gs
I think I'm SOL on this one. My tires are Y rated (Accelera Phi), better than yours I guess, but still cheap. I'm also thinking of picking up some Yokohama Advan Sport All Seasons if I'm keeping this staggered setup ($200 a pop at Tire Rack).
That sucks man. I don't understand people ever thinking it's ok to go cheap on tires. I hope it all works out. Meanwhile, have fun doing lurid power slides with the traction control off as you intentionally ruin those *****ty tires. 😊