Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

You’ve got good taste. Awesome spec!
Old 11-16-18, 04:06 AM
GS350Miami
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Congrats!

I would love to do the same but my budget says 2019 ES. Enjoy!
Old 11-16-18, 07:22 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

I would love to spend a day in the new LS. I can't think of a better road trip car for 4 people to travel comfortably in. The back seat legroom is insane.
Old 11-16-18, 10:38 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Only 72K for an FSport LS? I thought it was in the 90s. Does the FSport come with seat massager too?

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 11-16-18 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-16-18, 04:19 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by bob256k
You got to do a comparison between the two as far as driving goes, being a long time GS owner....
I plan to, just not driving it for winter.

Originally Posted by praetor
Nice ride man!
Thanks

Originally Posted by HontoKuro
But you are still part of the Lexus family more importantly. Congrats on your new sweet LS.
Thanks

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Nice upgrade! Were you looking for any specific options ?

I wanted pano roof, red interior and heads up display, air ride. Only thing I didn’t get was heads up display and air ride.

Originally Posted by yardie876
Moving on up! Congrats on the LS!
Thank you

Originally Posted by highrev6
You’ve got good taste. Awesome spec!
Thanks

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Only 72K for an FSport LS? I thought it was in the 90s. Does the FSport come with seat massager too?
Only reason I was holding off, for a good deal. Not sure, I want to say no but not sure haven’t had time to play with it.
Old 11-16-18, 05:20 PM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I see you bought at Watertown, how was it dealing with them?
Old 11-16-18, 05:22 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by wktjr
I see you bought at Watertown, how was it dealing with them?
I would recommend anyone to them, like them better than Sharon, hands down. Loved the way they did things I got a NX as well.
Old 11-16-18, 06:03 PM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I would recommend anyone to them, like them better than Sharon, hands down. Loved the way they did things I got a NX as well.

Funny, I had the exact opposite experience. I tried striking an honest deal with Watertown and they acted like their ****e don’t smell.

Sharon treated me like gold during the sales process, gave me more money for my trade (by a significant margin) and has really taken care of me during the warranty period.

Old 11-16-18, 06:05 PM
bigblack06

Yeah they used to but for some reason around the busy car buying season, they have fallen far off from what they used to be. Helped get my sisters car there and I purchased a couple cars from them. This time Watertown earned my business back.
Old 11-16-18, 06:29 PM
jordanhigg
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

beautiful car and I want to see pictures as well. the more the better. and you can always come in the gs forum and talk ls imo
Old 11-16-18, 07:47 PM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I had to back out of a deal with them this past August when I was looking for my RX. Some miscommunication etc Salesman was so pissed he wrote me a nice email.

If they blacklist customers, I'm sure I'm on it.
Old 11-17-18, 08:56 AM
Longevite1
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

I had to back out of a deal with them this past August when I was looking for my RX. Some miscommunication etc Salesman was so pissed he wrote me a nice email.

If they blacklist customers, I'm sure I'm on it.
What is "nice email' meaning here?
Old 11-17-18, 09:40 AM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Longevite1
What is "nice email' meaning here?
Oh, nothing worth repeating. It was short and I just let it go. In hind sight I am partially to blame. I was doing everything by email and phone. The real kicker is in Massachusetts you have to pay sales tax at the time of sale. This applies to out of state customers as well. So, to avoid paying Mass and my home state sales tax the dealer needs to drive the car over the state line, you sign and take possession. Throw in a trade-in that I would have to drive to Watertown, get appraised, sign some paper work and then drive back a hundred miles, sign more paperwork and then take possession. Oh, forgot that before all of this I would have to get a transit tag from my town office and do a tag swap at signing (the second signing). My wife (the extreme non-auto enthusiast) is not impressed at all. As an enthusiast, I get the deal done. But the mulitple phone calls between my insurance guy, the dealer ( I'm dealing with 3 separate people), my town office plus I'm trying to close this deal at work where they frown on personal business on their time proved too much. The easiest part? Getting the loan. All on-line, got approved in 15 minutes. Check was sent FEDEX.

Continuing, take all of the above and now you have to schedule the delivery on all the available days between me, my wife, and the salesman (he would be doing the delivery). So, I'm pretty hair trigger at this point and that's when the miscommunication set in. At this point, I just backed out. Too many moving pieces.

Now, my dealer (the only one in the state) has the same RX but at a higher price (due to options). They are a "Lexus Plus" dealer. Watertown is not. I declined the their first offer but they were more than willing to negotiate given a second chance. I took the difference between the two sticker prices and came up with a number I was willing to pay. They beat that number and gave me asking for my trade. The one perk of this program is you deal with one person the whole time. That part I did like. Their lack of flexibility on price, not so much.

Now that I'm familiar with Mass and their quirky rules, I would buy from Watertown when I'm back in the market. They have a huge selection.

Old 11-17-18, 10:19 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Oh, nothing worth repeating. It was short and I just let it go. In hind sight I am partially to blame. I was doing everything by email and phone. The real kicker is in Massachusetts you have to pay sales tax at the time of sale. This applies to out of state customers as well. So, to avoid paying Mass and my home state sales tax the dealer needs to drive the car over the state line, you sign and take possession. Throw in a trade-in that I would have to drive to Watertown, get appraised, sign some paper work and then drive back a hundred miles, sign more paperwork and then take possession. Oh, forgot that before all of this I would have to get a transit tag from my town office and do a tag swap at signing (the second signing). My wife (the extreme non-auto enthusiast) is not impressed at all. As an enthusiast, I get the deal done. But the mulitple phone calls between my insurance guy, the dealer ( I'm dealing with 3 separate people), my town office plus I'm trying to close this deal at work where they frown on personal business on their time proved too much. The easiest part? Getting the loan. All on-line, got approved in 15 minutes. Check was sent FEDEX.

Continuing, take all of the above and now you have to schedule the delivery on all the available days between me, my wife, and the salesman (he would be doing the delivery). So, I'm pretty hair trigger at this point and that's when the miscommunication set in. At this point, I just backed out. Too many moving pieces.

Now, my dealer (the only one in the state) has the same RX but at a higher price (due to options). They are a "Lexus Plus" dealer. Watertown is not. I declined the their first offer but they were more than willing to negotiate given a second chance. I took the difference between the two sticker prices and came up with a number I was willing to pay. They beat that number and gave me asking for my trade. The one perk of this program is you deal with one person the whole time. That part I did like. Their lack of flexibility on price, not so much.

Now that I'm familiar with Mass and their quirky rules, I would buy from Watertown when I'm back in the market. They have a huge selection.
Kind of reminds me when I bought my new GS out of state. I searched southern and western regions for RWD stock not available here in the midwest. After dealing with so many salesmen I found it much easier just to deal directly with a sales manager which was much less headache over salesmen. It was a fun process negotiating with all the dealers to get the best price. Can't believe I've had the car a year now and no regrets buying it.

Quick Reply: Left the GS family