GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Buying Triple Beam LED Lights from dealer after buying the car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-18, 10:54 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Buying Triple Beam LED Lights from dealer after buying the car?

Hello GS forum, I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.

A good friend of mine is picking up a brand new 2019 Lexus GS350. However, at the local dealer, they don't have Triple LED Beam Headlights on any of the cars. He doesn't want to order one and the ones they are offering him is a very good deal.

So I was wondering, is it possible for my friend to buy a the Lexus GS350 without Triple LED Beam headlights and then buy the Triple LED Beam headlights part from the dealer directly?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
The following users liked this post:
MOB561 (09-02-20)
Old 12-06-18, 11:01 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

Fellow member @peasodos retrofitted his pre-refresh GS with the 13-15 Triple LED headlamps. On the 2019's, it might require more than just a swap of the headlamps. See this thread for some good info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...turn-30-a.html
Old 12-06-18, 11:05 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Fellow member @peasodos retrofitted his pre-refresh GS with the 13-15 Triple LED headlamps. On the 2019's, it might require more than just a swap of the headlamps. See this thread for some good info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...turn-30-a.html
Thanks for your quick response.

But I was talking about these headlights. Is it possible to buy these from the dealer directly and then install them into a 2019 Lexus GS that didn't come with that option? Because the 2019 Lexus GS my friend was looking at doesn't come with Triple LED Beams option. So he was wondering if he can buy these individually from the dealer and then just install them on.
The following users liked this post:
MOB561 (09-02-20)
Old 12-06-18, 11:15 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Could he? Sure. But you're talking thousands of dollars... Definitely not worth it. Get the car with the headlights from the get go otherwise, it's pretty tough to justify spending ~$5,000 for LED headlights to replace your existing LED headlights... It's not like he'd be going from halogen to LEDs...
Old 12-06-18, 11:46 AM
psaav
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

If your friend has the money to get a new '19, then I'd say it's worth the upgrade. I have a '17 and I love the look of my triple beams and the visibility I get with them.
Old 12-06-18, 12:00 PM
dTxworld
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 2019 and they definitely didn't have the option available when I got mine last month... Love the way these headlights look, and I'm sure they produce more light output than the stock ones we have now. I've retrofitted my headlights on my Accord and they are definitely worth it IMO. When you find out how much they are, please inform us on this post bc I'm curious
Old 12-06-18, 12:19 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Not sure what the fascination with triple beam LED is.
Our '17 MDX has "Jewel Eye LED Headlights" it's similiar triple beam on the GS and I don't see a big difference between that and my GS HID.
They're both just as bright and offer same beam pattern.
It is purely aesthetic to me to and I wouldn't waste money on the upgrade.

Trending Topics

Old 12-06-18, 01:24 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by signdetres
Could he? Sure. But you're talking thousands of dollars... Definitely not worth it. Get the car with the headlights from the get go otherwise, it's pretty tough to justify spending ~$5,000 for LED headlights to replace your existing LED headlights... It's not like he'd be going from halogen to LEDs...
Are you saying that buying the car with the package would be cheaper than buying the replacement parts from the dealer?

Its super difficult to get a Triple Beam LED Lexus GS. They are almost non-existent. In the whole Bay Area, there is none at dealers. I'm not even sure if the whole state of California has one. Ever since the Lexus GS could be optioned with the Triple LED Beam lights, I only seen one person have it. And it was this VIP Lexus GS in San Francisco. I'm not even 100% sure he bought it with the lights because the car was heavily modified. He could have replaced the headlamps too.
This is why my friend is considering buying the one they have at the dealer w/o the Triple LED Package and just worry about the headlights later.

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Not sure what the fascination with triple beam LED is.
Our '17 MDX has "Jewel Eye LED Headlights" it's similiar triple beam on the GS and I don't see a big difference between that and my GS HID.
They're both just as bright and offer same beam pattern.
It is purely aesthetic to me to and I wouldn't waste money on the upgrade.
For me, personally, if I was getting a Lexus GS, I would want the lights because:
1) It definitely purely aesthetics.
2) It gives the car LED turn signals.
3) Its rare. You'll likely be only part of a few individuals that has it.
Old 12-06-18, 02:20 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Search eBay, search the junk yards using car-parts.com.

Any 2016+ triple beam should work. Also you would need to swap out the headlight swivel ecu located in the left side of the driver footwell. Forget about buying this from the dealership, probably 10k.

Here is a used on on eBay for:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/163288958358

It took me almost a year to find a good set for a reasonable price.

Last edited by peasodos; 12-06-18 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-06-18, 02:44 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
Are you saying that buying the car with the package would be cheaper than buying the replacement parts from the dealer?

Its super difficult to get a Triple Beam LED Lexus GS. They are almost non-existent. In the whole Bay Area, there is none at dealers. I'm not even sure if the whole state of California has one. Ever since the Lexus GS could be optioned with the Triple LED Beam lights, I only seen one person have it. And it was this VIP Lexus GS in San Francisco. I'm not even 100% sure he bought it with the lights because the car was heavily modified. He could have replaced the headlamps too.
This is why my friend is considering buying the one they have at the dealer w/o the Triple LED Package and just worry about the headlights later.

For me, personally, if I was getting a Lexus GS, I would want the lights because:
1) It definitely purely aesthetics.
2) It gives the car LED turn signals.
3) Its rare. You'll likely be only part of a few individuals that has it.
mostly awd cars have it and thats it. not sure why. im not a fan of the bug eye acura lights. if he wants, he could also upgrade to a GSF which all come with it. he would just lose out on some lux features like rear sun shade and power trunk.
Old 12-06-18, 03:14 PM
eddie420

Received 622 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Search eBay, search the junk yards using car-parts.com.

Any 2016+ triple beam should work. Also you would need to swap out the headlight swivel ecu located in the left side of the driver footwell. Forget about buying this from the dealership, probably 10k.

Here is a used on on eBay for:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/163288958358

It took me almost a year to find a good set for a reasonable price.
That's one side only, not both. Both will cost him over $5K.
Old 12-06-18, 04:49 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

It is an option for 2019 I think, I'll have to check lexus.com. They are very prevalent on the AWD's. Every one my local dealer gets here in Illinois has the triples. When I bought my 18 RWD last year there was not one RWD listed nationwide with triples.
Old 12-06-18, 04:52 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

$1160 option for 2019 per lexus.com
Old 12-06-18, 05:22 PM
salimshah

Received 1,058 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
$1160 option for 2019 per lexus.com
As a part purchased through the dealer ship it would be 1.5x-3x.
Harness or harness adapter would be another challenge.

Retrofitting an option is always lot more expensive.

Salim
Old 12-06-18, 06:38 PM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts

To me, spending $50k + for a brand-new car, then ripping the front-end apart, spending thousands more, just to put in used LED headlights on it doesn't seem very comforting. I'd say just order the car, in the configuration you want, and then be done with it.

Quick Reply: Buying Triple Beam LED Lights from dealer after buying the car?