GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Please help!!! 2014 GS 350 clock running too fast!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-19 | 07:52 PM
Jtweathers
Driver School Candidate

Default Clock running fast also. It started a few months ago, when i had the battery changed.

Originally Posted by Speed3381;10380456
[left
My 2014 GS 350 analog clock is running way too fast. Always 30 to 40 minutes ahead everyday. Any fix on this issue? Surprised this would be an issue with a 4 year old car with a brand new battery. Sucks my warranty has just expired...Please help. Thanks guys.[/left]
I am having clock issues also. Noticed it started running slow (30-40 per 24 hrs. It all started when the battery was changed. The dealer wanted $607 to replace clock. Found one on ebay for $100. Changed the clock now its running 30-40 mins fast per 24 hrs. Lexus Dealer here in Fort Worth says they have never seen or heard of any clock issues on the 2014 GS 350 ever! I dont know why the battery being changed would make it run fast or slow but it does. Dealer basically blew me off on the issue saying they have no clue but if I pay them $607 they will fix it with a new replacement clock. ITS A BATTERY ISSUE OF SOME SORT. I think I am going to try taking it to a corporate level. Wish me luck. Car has 58,000 miles no warranty. I hate to sell a car and shun The Lexus brand over a clock, but I am a man of my word. I WILL sell the car over a clock issue.
Old 05-16-19 | 08:00 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jtweathers
I am having clock issues also. Noticed it started running slow (30-40 per 24 hrs. It all started when the battery was changed. The dealer wanted $607 to replace clock. Found one on ebay for $100. Changed the clock now its running 30-40 mins fast per 24 hrs. Lexus Dealer here in Fort Worth says they have never seen or heard of any clock issues on the 2014 GS 350 ever! I dont know why the battery being changed would make it run fast or slow but it does. Dealer basically blew me off on the issue saying they have no clue but if I pay them $607 they will fix it with a new replacement clock. ITS A BATTERY ISSUE OF SOME SORT. I think I am going to try taking it to a corporate level. Wish me luck. Car has 58,000 miles no warranty. I hate to sell a car and shun The Lexus brand over a clock, but I am a man of my word. I WILL sell the car over a clock issue.
Good luck with it. I'm like that too... I like things that are supposed to work - to work...especially if it's in your face all the time.
Old 05-17-19 | 12:29 AM
itswik
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by itswik
I took my car for service on Thursday and mentioned the fast running clock. At the time of collection the clock was again and hour ahead. I called the service manager, who then called a technician and they insisted that its the clock GMT setting. The tech fiddled with the settings menu and then advised me to observe.
As I suspected the in dash clock is independent of the info screen settings. The clock continued to run fast. So I took it back to the service center, and they initiated a warranty claim for which they need an approval.
Let us see how many days it take to get this clock sorted.
Just to update my dash clock was replaced in a few weeks. Since then its running fine.
Old 05-17-19 | 02:22 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
Good luck with it. I'm like that too... I like things that are supposed to work - to work...especially if it's in your face all the time.
How much of a discount would you sell your car over a broken clock, more than $600? How do you know the used clock you bought on Ebay wasn't having a similar issuie.

On my last car my battery died and my friend put in the new battery and threw on the terminals wrong. Positive touched second and this causes a spark. Well after that the alarm kept going off after a few minutes, even when I kept locking the car.

What I did to solve it, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then connect the terminals the correct way, positive first then negative second.

Alarm problem fixed.

So I think reconnecting the battery the wrong way messed with the alarm.

This may be a longshot but worth a try, disconnect the battery for a few minutes or longer for good measure, so the car has to relearn. Then reconnect it correctly. Remember when disconnecting take the negative off first. Reconnecting positive first then negative.

Last edited by peasodos; 05-17-19 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-17-19 | 07:09 AM
Jtweathers
Driver School Candidate

Default Removed positive term

Ok I I will redo the terminals. Positive 1st then the negative. I will let everyone know if this fixes my issue.
Old 06-07-19 | 10:40 AM
loulax07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jtweathers
Ok I I will redo the terminals. Positive 1st then the negative. I will let everyone know if this fixes my issue.
update on this procedure?
Old 06-07-19 | 07:05 PM
Jtweathers
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

Well i did the battery terminal thing clock is off even more now. It loses a few hours over night. Vs 45 mins. I was allowed to return the clock I bought off of ebay so I did get that money back. I just dont get why it cost so much for the dealer to change this 4 year clock.. I can change it out now in about 6-7 mins. Pop off the radio cover, remove 2 screws holding the radio and pop off the ac vents, whaaala, unplug clock remove it from the ac cover. To Install new clock in ac cover pop in clock re plug the wires pop in ac vents replace two screws to radio pop on radio cover DONE!!! . Easy as pie. Again Lexus wants $607 to replace the clock. I Am now looking at other aftermarket clocks and not a cheap made lexus clock. Any suggestions? Thanks for the feedback. Jt...
Old 07-05-19 | 12:27 PM
WHCIII
Driver School Candidate

Default Clock runs fast

Clock moves from 30 to 45 minutes faster as it sits over night or while at work. Need to replace it with a new or used one. Any suggestions?
Old 07-05-19 | 12:39 PM
loulax07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WHCIII
Clock moves from 30 to 45 minutes faster as it sits over night or while at work. Need to replace it with a new or used one. Any suggestions?
i replaced mine and that resolved the issue
The following users liked this post:
Monkeypaw (08-12-20)
Old 01-07-21 | 05:06 PM
Kengs350f
Driver School Candidate

I have a clock issue with my 2014 gs 350. Changed battery and it started running slow. Took it to dealer, they said they reset the clock, no help. Now it runs 2 hours slow per day. Don't wanna pay $600 for a clock to the dealer nut dunno if I can replace myself. pretty sure out of warranty now. any advice?
Old 01-07-21 | 07:31 PM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kengs350f
I have a clock issue with my 2014 gs 350. Changed battery and it started running slow. Took it to dealer, they said they reset the clock, no help. Now it runs 2 hours slow per day. Don't wanna pay $600 for a clock to the dealer nut dunno if I can replace myself. pretty sure out of warranty now. any advice?
I bought one off of ebay for under $100 and had to buy the whole dash piece with vents.

It wasn't too difficult to swap. Mine originally was fast for a month or so before it kept normal time again upon charging the battery. Then it was slow out of the blue a few months later and nothing would improve it.
Old 01-07-21 | 08:13 PM
Kengs350f
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply, so the ebay part was used? and did it work fine?

thanks,

Ken
Old 01-08-21 | 05:22 AM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kengs350f
Thanks for the reply, so the ebay part was used? and did it work fine?

thanks,

Ken
Yes, I think it has been fine for the last year. I was tempted to take the old one apart to see if it could be cleaned or something but I sold it to a member for like $10.
Old 01-08-21 | 05:35 AM
jkeller
Advanced

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...clock-lol.html
Old 01-10-21 | 12:42 AM
KNS2
9th Gear

Originally Posted by dpmredwing
Anyone had their stock center dash analog clock run a bit too fast on their GS350?? Each morning when I get out my clock is at least 5 minutes fast. If I let it go it will progressively increase to be more and more off the current time. Any ideas what the hell is happening here? Thanks.
I got the same issue , I complained to the dealer then it was replaced with a new one and it is working perfect since 2 years

Quick Reply: Please help!!! 2014 GS 350 clock running too fast!!