GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Things You Don't Like On Your GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-20, 08:51 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

The fob is too big. Inside, the circuit board and battery are much smaller than the total unit, could be ~30-40% smaller by total volume, esp thickness w no loss of function.
Equivalent Infinity keys are smaller.

$300 for the slim card is an okay option but difficult to find and pretty expensive.
Old 08-28-20, 10:19 AM
dkp993
Rookie

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoJango
Just hold down the lock button on your key fob to close all windows and the sunroof...
The reverse doesn’t happen though right? What I mean is if you’re walking up to your car and you hold the unlock button down all the windows roll down and the sunroof opens. It does on my wife’s ES but I cannot get it to work on my GS. I live where it’s pretty hot so that’s super helpful and airing out the heat buildup in the car.
Old 08-28-20, 10:45 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 286 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by dkp993
The reverse doesn’t happen though right? What I mean is if you’re walking up to your car and you hold the unlock button down all the windows roll down and the sunroof opens. It does on my wife’s ES but I cannot get it to work on my GS. I live where it’s pretty hot so that’s super helpful and airing out the heat buildup in the car.
This is a setting that can be programmed in with Carista, or if you are nice to your dealership they might do it for you for free. Mine did.

on US models the car will only allow the windows to be rolled down by holding the unlock button if the setting is configured. They cannot be rolled back up by holding lock; you have to insert the key in the door handle and turn and hold to close all windows.
Old 08-28-20, 06:33 PM
donkiboy
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe they added this on the 2016+ GS, but I hate that there is no one-touch tilt function on the sunroof. You have to hold button to tilt up or down.
Old 08-28-20, 07:23 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by donkiboy
Maybe they added this on the 2016+ GS, but I hate that there is no one-touch tilt function on the sunroof. You have to hold button to tilt up or down.
Isn't that the idea? You can raise it as much as you want. The open close is one touch because they probably guessed nobody half opens it on the horizontal axis

Maybe that's just the way the Japanese think
Old 08-28-20, 10:20 PM
Andruu
Driver School Candidate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350lex
It definitely is a Canadian thing. Wow that sucks i would of loved to have it oh well thanks for letting me know
Mine shows the psi and it's a canadian GS.
Old 08-28-20, 10:22 PM
Andruu
Driver School Candidate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't like that I can't close the power trunk from inside the car or with the remote. You have to click the button on the trunk.
Old 08-31-20, 07:53 PM
MOB561
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Use manual key

Originally Posted by Lickskille
Couple things I don't like about my GS that I didn't know upon buying it.

On my factory remote start there is no way to get in the car and drive w/o it shutting off first despite having the key fob.

No way to lock the car with it running from outside of it.​​​​​​
Overall I love the car but when you are used to being able to do the things that you can't with the GS, its disappointing
you have to use the manual key to lock door while engine is on
Old 09-01-20, 01:12 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 499 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
I regret reading this thread, I never noticed the cupholder until this morning. At least its not intended to be flush and its a clear elevation. I actually like the function of it that I can keep my phone under the fully closed lid, drinks aren't allowed in my car.
I should clarify...I don't mind that it's not flush with the part of the console where the shifter is, it's that it doesn't sit exactly level, in the exact same plane as the part where the seat buttons are. When closed it sits and an angle that's slightly off. I noticed this on I thin most of the ones I test drove so I'm assuming it's just made this way, if there's an easy adjustment I'd love to know.
Old 09-01-20, 01:17 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 499 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoJango
Just hold down the lock button on your key fob to close all windows and the sunroof...
Saw the above post and got super excited....this was like GOLD.

Originally Posted by JDR76
Unfortunately this is disabled on North American models. To roll up the windows from the outside, you have to insert the key, turn it, and hold it while they roll up.
Saw this post and wanted to cry....WHY WHY WHY would you do this? Something Federal Highway folks wouldn't let them have? Too afraid of the litigious folks in the US? Too hard to make happen in the LHD version? Is there seriously no way to turn this back on ?
Old 09-01-20, 01:51 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
I should clarify...I don't mind that it's not flush with the part of the console where the shifter is, it's that it doesn't sit exactly level, in the exact same plane as the part where the seat buttons are. When closed it sits and an angle that's slightly off. I noticed this on I thin most of the ones I test drove so I'm assuming it's just made this way, if there's an easy adjustment I'd love to know.
There is no adjustment there, I had the whole thing apart a couple weeks ago to run a hdmi cable. Mine is dark and has no buttons there so I never noticed that either!
Old 09-01-20, 05:32 AM
RichKnecht
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 29 Posts

The center console storage is way too small and there is no place to put your sunglasses. My old FX35 had a sunglass holder near the sunroof switches and the center console was huge. Oh well, still love the car.
Old 09-01-20, 06:33 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 286 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by RichKnecht
The center console storage is way too small and there is no place to put your sunglasses. My old FX35 had a sunglass holder near the sunroof switches and the center console was huge. Oh well, still love the car.
I have a newer QX70 and the center console is tinyyyy. I think the GS console is wider, but the Infiniti is deeper.

I put my sunglasses in the little tray inside the center console, but agree a roof mounted sunglass holder would be better like in the Infiniti.
Old 01-11-22, 10:36 AM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 80 Posts

Hi trying to resurrect this old thread for complainers LOL

Had my '13 F Sport for a few months.

1)center console poor ergonomically
2)No sunglass holder
3)I have to close the trunk pretty hard for it to properly latch - is this normal?
4)The infotainment setup is super awkward with the mouse etc
5)Sluggish low end acceleration

Love the car this is all I got so far
Old 01-11-22, 11:48 AM
Jakerin
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I have the seat back almost all the way and my left arm falls away or off the armrest as I’m driving. I have to use a foam pillow wedged between the door and the seat edge so my arm/elbow has a place to rest. The way the armrest is designed I see that they couldn’t make it longer but something could’ve been added to the lower pillar I believe. Also, my drivers side wiper doesn’t swipe far enough to the left, leaving about 6-7” untouched (and unclear) in the rain.

Quick Reply: Things You Don't Like On Your GS