GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus Service Department 👍🏽👍🏽

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-19, 10:56 AM
KAH
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Lexus Service Department 👍🏽👍🏽

My wife has always taken her RXs to Lexus of Cool Springs (Nashville suburbs) and never had much to,say one way or the other—except she likes that they wash/vacuum her SUV and the people are friendly.

Coming from a BMW 5 series and hating the cost gouging and drab “service” experience, plus as the owner of a Ford pickup—I haven’t had a positive view of dealer service.

One of my nurses’ sons is a service manager and I took my ‘15 F Sport in at 16k miles this morning—keeping an open mind and figuring I could give my colleague good natured grief if it didn’t go well.

Impressions:

1. The service lounge is like a living room with nice leather seats, big screen, WiFi, etc. There was fruit, breakfast sandwiches, great coffee, etc. I learned they also have lunch sandwiches later in the day. There was a friendly woman there asking if we wanted anything.

2. 9:00am appointment. Out of the door after synthetic oil service at 10:00am including car wash, vacuum, for $91. Also let me know that it had been fully serviced by Lexus at 5k and 14k when lease returned. I was glad to hear that as I’d bought my GS from CarMax and although it looks new, didn’t know the history.

3. I did learn they honor CarMax MaxCare 72mo/100k warranty that was provided as part of the deal when I purchased the car. I’d have a $0 deductible at CarMax, vs. $50 at Lexus. That was nice to learn—not that I’d expect anything to break as I only drive the car from home-hospital-home.

As you can imagine, I’m pleased. It just made me realize how much work BMW and Ford service (I’ve never owned a Benz)—has to do to simply get into the same camp as Lexus. My old BMW cost more for the same service, and my truck about the same price—but stale donuts and weak coffee.

The service manager promised me that they treat everyone that way, even though he knew his mom worked for/with me. I laughed at that one.

Lexus service has a new fan—worth it.

Note: I do like to tinker with/maintain cars/bikes with carburetors and simple mechanics. I don’t like hauling used oil.

Last edited by KAH; 02-06-19 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-06-19, 11:13 AM
lbcgav
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, the dealer can be good for certain things. Just don't let them gouge you for a cabin air filter.

BTW, you can register your car on the Lexus Drivers website and view all of the service there as well as add services if you do them yourself or have someone other than the dealer do them. The website is https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/
You can also sign up for Lexus Enform if you want to be able to remotely start your car (although it's a bit pricey).
Old 02-06-19, 11:20 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,157 Likes on 854 Posts

Glad to hear you had a positive service experience. Sometimes things can be hit or miss depending on your location and the type of issue you are having. I'm sure you've seen posts on the the 4GS forum where people were really livid with the level of service...but for the most part, Lexus dealerships try to embody the same level of quality and service used to build the cars.

The old saying goes: sales sells you the first car, service sells you on the next one...
Old 02-06-19, 11:33 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I've always been very, very pleased with my service department as well. Glad you had a good experience.
Old 02-06-19, 11:53 AM
MH6
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Kah,
my Lexus experience started at Lexus of Cool Springs 15 years ago with our first from there.
Always was very happy with the people and the service there, and glad to hear your liking it as well.
I have been going to the Lexus of Nashville for the last 5 years now. It is closer for me and less traffic concerns when heading that way.
Awesome people and service there, I have a great relationship with the dealership.
I am very mechanically inclined and well studied on our two current Lexus vehicles. They are always honest and eager to help with any situation.
If you like the setup at Cool Springs, you will love the setup at Lex of Nash. High Speed and modern.
Glass wall looks out to the service drive in, waiting area is much larger, high speed computer waiting area with work stations and plug-ins for tech devices.
Very comfy seating, large serving bar for food, snack and soft drink fountains. Yep its kicking.

Anyway, get a chance, stop in there sometime and see what you think.
Old 02-06-19, 01:09 PM
berman2921
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having an oil change and tire rotation done right now at Lexus of Towson, MD. I like their service department and getting a loaner is usually not a problem. I had a quick discussion with the service advisor on the cost of tire rotation which was advertised for $20 on their web site but was recently increased to $30 without updating the web site. They had no problem honoring the web site price. However I never felt that Lexus service is superior to BMW or MB service or service area arrangements.In my experience MB is the best with Lexus and BMW not far behind
Old 02-06-19, 01:48 PM
jessalynn
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I also love Lexus of Cool Springs, have had nothing but positive experiences since using them, although I usually grab a loaner and go, so I don't know what the waiting lounge has to offer.