GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4th Gen GS Color Photo Thread - Atomic Silver

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-21 | 12:44 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Never need an excuse to add a photo to the Atomic Silver thread.......

The following 4 users liked this post by LexusGSboy:
FSportOnly (03-19-21), MuaGS350 (03-18-21), pogi089 (04-02-21), signdetres (03-18-21)
Old 03-19-21 | 01:59 AM
Moeutqi
Driver School Candidate

JDM Fog lights

Blue calibers with F Sport Sticker

Black top wrap and grille chrome black

Chrome Delete & Black Rear badges Spoiler is half black on top and silver on the bottom
The following users liked this post:
erv09 (03-21-21)
Old 03-19-21 | 06:13 AM
thisguy_06
Racer

My car has been paid off for a little bit now...is lusting after atomic silver enough justification to get back into a car loan? lol

It looks so good.
LexusGSboy (03-19-21)
Old 03-19-21 | 08:08 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by thisguy_06
My car has been paid off for a little bit now...is lusting after atomic silver enough justification to get back into a car loan? lol

It looks so good.
LOL..YES! The only reason I traded in my 19 for my 20 was because I missed Atomic Silver so much!
LexusGSboy (03-19-21)
Old 03-19-21 | 01:44 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by thisguy_06

It looks so good.
+1 for JDR76s comment. The best color comes at a price
Old 03-19-21 | 02:57 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

I made an appointment to take my GS in next week for its first service, the 6 month/5k. When I called the dealer to set it up, the lady asked "how many miles are on it?" I replied "633" and she said "you mean six thousand three hundred?" LOL...no...633...

Right now I drive the truck more than I do the GS, but I expect that to change this summer. And I cannot wait.
mike995134 (03-26-21)
Old 03-20-21 | 11:46 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by JDR76
I made an appointment to take my GS in next week for its first service, the 6 month/5k. When I called the dealer to set it up, the lady asked "how many miles are on it?" I replied "633" and she said "you mean six thousand three hundred?" LOL...no...633...

Right now I drive the truck more than I do the GS, but I expect that to change this summer. And I cannot wait.
You keep driving it just the way you are so that in a 5-6 years when you're ready for something new I can come up and takei it off your hands
JDR76 (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21 | 04:20 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
You keep driving it just the way you are so that in a 5-6 years when you're ready for something new I can come up and takei it off your hands
Ha! Good plan!

It'll start seeing more action though once COVID passes and I can return to the office.
Old 03-25-21 | 04:26 PM
TAURUSSLVR
Driver

Default Lexon rear diffuser chose Satin Black

Originally Posted by TAURUSSLVR
Brothers and sisters of the Atomic Silver Persuasion I am in need of your help. I finally picked up a Lexon rear diffuser but I'm at a loss as to what color I should have it painted. Suggestions? I'm getting this done tomorrow so I welcome any opinions. I have Ark Performance 3in carbon fiber quad tips.
Update:
Hi all thank you the for the suggestions. Everything is finally completed. I decided to go more lowkey on the diffuser and went with satin black more so for easy maintenance and low dirt visibility.

Lexon diffuser painted satin black, Borla axel back exhaust, 3in Ark Performance carbon fiber quad tips.

Last edited by TAURUSSLVR; 03-26-21 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Additional pics
The following 4 users liked this post by TAURUSSLVR:
bob256k (03-29-21), davian112 (04-02-21), LexusGSboy (03-25-21), MuaGS350 (03-26-21)
Old 04-01-21 | 06:42 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Roofdeck of a parking garage......Just for signdetres I would have done one in the garage but it was nearly full and there was no WAY she was getting parked between two other vehicles...

The following 2 users liked this post by LexusGSboy:
JDR76 (04-01-21), MuaGS350 (04-02-21)
Old 04-01-21 | 06:48 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Update:
Hi all thank you the for the suggestions. Everything is finally completed. I decided to go more lowkey on the diffuser and went with satin black more so for easy maintenance and low dirt visibility.

Lexon diffuser painted satin black, Borla axel back exhaust, 3in Ark Performance carbon fiber quad tips.
I think it looks great - I really like how it looks from the side in the photo above.

What happened here?:

Was there already some sort of damage there or did they not get something seated properly? Seems fine on the other side. Maybe they came back and fixed it after you took the photo?
Old 04-02-21 | 08:33 AM
TAURUSSLVR
Driver

I figured someone would notice eventually. Long story short, a friend overcompensated with his new bumper bike rack. Somehow it caught on the rear valance. We didn't even notice until he pulled away and I heard a loud crack. It tore off the valance mount and part of the diffuser.
...I still say he did it on purpose.
That's what prompted the decision to change the diffuser. Besides I had the Ark tips lying around for another project. I did research in replacing the bumper but I was worried that the colors won't match up so I decided against it. I think I can deal (barely, I still cry at nights) with a little damage that's only noticeable if someone knows what to look for, rather than having a possible *** tan.

Last edited by TAURUSSLVR; 06-08-21 at 10:52 AM.
LexusGSboy (04-02-21)
Old 04-02-21 | 10:17 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

I was afraid it was something like that.... but at least the diffuser/tips look good and luckily it's at in a place where you can't really see it and most people will never notice....

You will know it's there forever but the crying at night should stop eventually

I know what you mean about painting the bumper - I faced the same issue when I bought my CPO - there was a bad scratch in the rear bumper. I do have to say, the dealer did a good job of matching. I can't see a difference in most light and half the time when I do think I see a difference I wonder if it's all in my head. The key is finding someone who knows how to do Atomic Silver correctly.
Old 04-02-21 | 10:57 AM
TAURUSSLVR
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
I was afraid it was something like that.... but at least the diffuser/tips look good and luckily it's at in a place where you can't really see it and most people will never notice....

You will know it's there forever but the crying at night should stop eventually

I know what you mean about painting the bumper - I faced the same issue when I bought my CPO - there was a bad scratch in the rear bumper. I do have to say, the dealer did a good job of matching. I can't see a difference in most light and half the time when I do think I see a difference I wonder if it's all in my head. The key is finding someone who knows how to do Atomic Silver correctly.
True! At least now I can take my time to shop around. The guy at Longo Lexus was VERY hesitant to say they can color match stating "as close as possible" which I can understand, but when you're pausing that long... doesn't inspire confidence. But I'll be ok for now.
Old 04-02-21 | 04:12 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

True! At least now I can take my time to shop around. The guy at Longo Lexus was VERY hesitant to say they can color match stating "as close as possible" which I can understand, but when you're pausing that long... doesn't inspire confidence. But I'll be ok for now.
Yeah - it's a fine line between them covering their you know what for those who may have unrealistic expectations and saying they'll get it right.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen GS Color Photo Thread - Atomic Silver