GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I traded my GS350

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-19, 12:42 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

KIA sold only 260 K900 models in 2018 through the third quarter. 260 units sold in 9 months says that buyers looking for a 'luxury' sedan are just unwilling to consider the KIA despite everything KIA is trying to do to make the K900 equal or better than their competitors.
The following users liked this post:
GS350Boi (07-26-19)
Old 04-01-19, 12:56 PM
promethus7
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

2018 and 2019 models are worlds apart. Towards the end dealers weren't even pushing them. Be that as it may, I will concede that KIA is not on the "typical" luxury sedan shoppers list. But then again, Stingers and G70's weren't "initially" on the 340i shoppers lists either. Times and design language change I guess. I think sheer happenstance and curiosity is going to be kia's best friend when it comes to selling units.
Old 04-02-19, 03:06 AM
GS350Miami
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Excellent, follow-up review, Promerhus7. Thank you.
Old 04-02-19, 03:20 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by promethus7
Don't judge me, I traded my 15 GS350 for a 19 Kia K900. The days of the absurd Kia Amanti are long gone. You owe it to yourself to go take a test drive. If you can get past the badge and the dealership experience (which is lacking to say the least) You will be unbelievably surprised. They have finally managed to copy/borrow/steal just the right amount from merc/bmw/audi all at one.
That's nice and all but where are the pics of the car.
Old 04-02-19, 06:17 AM
aachowhan
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I recently drove a G80. I have to say for the price I'm thinking pretty hard about the G80 or even the G70 since I was looking at the Mercedes AMG C43. I think luxury car manufactures have something to worry about now, it won't be long before people get over the badge when Genesis has the quality and feel to back it up. I still don't understand how Mercedes thinks it's ok to sell their "luxury" cars without even heated seats as standard. Toyota and Honda have started selling precollision, lane keep assist/lane departure, radar cruise, etc. as standard now. Why the hell should option that in for a car at twice the price point? Ridiculous.

Genesis is really bringing the value for your money.
Old 04-05-19, 02:38 PM
promethus7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
That's nice and all but where are the pics of the car.
Sorry had to wait for it to stop raining
The following 2 users liked this post by promethus7:
bigblack06 (04-08-19), JDR76 (04-05-19)
Old 04-05-19, 02:49 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by promethus7

Sorry had to wait for it to stop raining

You should do the mod were you change the kia badge to the K, that sort of looks like an L:

Old 04-05-19, 02:51 PM
medsaver
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aachowhan
I recently drove a G80. I have to say for the price I'm thinking pretty hard about the G80 or even the G70 since I was looking at the Mercedes AMG C43. I think luxury car manufactures have something to worry about now, it won't be long before people get over the badge when Genesis has the quality and feel to back it up. I still don't understand how Mercedes thinks it's ok to sell their "luxury" cars without even heated seats as standard. Toyota and Honda have started selling precollision, lane keep assist/lane departure, radar cruise, etc. as standard now. Why the hell should option that in for a car at twice the price point? Ridiculous.

Genesis is really bringing the value for your money.
Doug demuro recently did a video on this. His hypothesis is that buyers of these high end cars never step foot in down-market cars so they don't know that a lot of the features they are paying extra for are now considered standard.
Old 04-05-19, 02:54 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

Does that stupid tablet retract into the dashboard?

Maybe I've been watching Savagegeese for too long, but ever since he mentioned that design trend, It's bothered the **** out of me every time I see it... although I wouldn't totally DQ a car for having that, because there are so many (otherwise decent) vehicles that do at this point, unfortunately.

-Mike
Old 04-05-19, 03:49 PM
promethus7
Driver School Candidate

Nope, no retract like the last Gen Volvos. At least there is an "off" button and it is a tree box configurable screen so I can slide around the boxes however I want them. I currently have the 3rd box turned off because I didn't need navigation or MPG always looking at me.
Old 04-05-19, 07:26 PM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice ride!
Old 04-06-19, 07:57 PM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Saw a K900 at a car show a few years back and fell in love with it. I test drove the car and didn’t want to get out of it. The big car feel is definitely different front the GS. Seriously considered buying one because I really want a V8 engine, but would never buy it brand new or any car brand for that matter. I saw Kia dealers heavily discounting K900 CPO’s to low $50K and even as low as $47K that were 1-2 years old. I also heard of quality issues from coworkers who owned Kia/Hyundai, and I’m a stickler for dependability. Plus, Mercedes S class is truly the car I want so I decided to wait on the right car at the right time. Good for you for stepping out of the Lexus dependability security blanket of and going with your gut.
Old 04-08-19, 09:10 AM
promethus7
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by dwayne4lex
Saw a K900 at a car show a few years back and fell in love with it. I test drove the car and didn’t want to get out of it. The big car feel is definitely different front the GS. Seriously considered buying one because I really want a V8 engine, but would never buy it brand new or any car brand for that matter. I saw Kia dealers heavily discounting K900 CPO’s to low $50K and even as low as $47K that were 1-2 years old. I also heard of quality issues from coworkers who owned Kia/Hyundai, and I’m a stickler for dependability. Plus, Mercedes S class is truly the car I want so I decided to wait on the right car at the right time. Good for you for stepping out of the Lexus dependability security blanket of and going with your gut.
Somebody had to go first
Old 04-08-19, 09:13 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by dwayne4lex
You should checkout the Genesis G90 or a 2-3 year old Lexus LS
Old 04-08-19, 09:44 AM
terrryz
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Although I don't want to spend 60k on a new one, I am totally willing to get a CPO K900 for ~30k in 3 years.

Quick Reply: I traded my GS350