Help with wiring for Triple-Beam headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-19, 04:42 PM
Jthanh92
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help with wiring for Triple-Beam headlights

Hi Everybody,

I just recently did a conversion for the front end. It was a 15 F-sport and converted it into a 16+ facelift with the triple beam headlights. Having issues with the headlights ranging from the auto leveling system and the daytime running lights won't turn on without fully turning them on.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jthanh92:
lexus4jess (03-17-21), MOB561 (06-17-20), signdetres (01-07-20)
Old 03-25-19, 04:49 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

You will likely need a new ECU for the headlamps. There may be a specific module for the '16+ headlamps. This thread may be helpful: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...turn-30-a.html

BTW: Nicely done - now you just need to do the 16+ tails and you'll have the refreshed look
The following users liked this post:
Jthanh92 (03-25-19)
Old 03-25-19, 04:58 PM
Jthanh92
Driver School Candidate

If I replace the ECU, I might run into more problems beside the headlights. I was told I have to take apart the previous headlights apart and switch the computers but overall you would have to take the whole headlights apart. Looking at different routes but seems like a headache lol. The headlights are turning on now because the previous guy I got the headlights from spiced the harness from a 2017 with a 2015 and somehow it worked. But on the taillights maybe later after some bags and wheels.
Old 01-07-20, 04:11 PM
GS350BO
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Any luck???

Originally Posted by Jthanh92
If I replace the ECU, I might run into more problems beside the headlights. I was told I have to take apart the previous headlights apart and switch the computers but overall you would have to take the whole headlights apart. Looking at different routes but seems like a headache lol. The headlights are turning on now because the previous guy I got the headlights from spiced the harness from a 2017 with a 2015 and somehow it worked. But on the taillights maybe later after some bags and wheels.
Any luck on the wiring, did you get the computer/ballast for the LED. I’m going thru the swap now. Interested in your progress. Thanks
Lfig402 (11-24-21)
Old 01-07-20, 04:31 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

I installed the triple beam led headlights on my 2013 GS, pre-refresh.

All I needed was the correct HEADLAMP SWIVEL ecu that is located in the driver side footwell behind the plastic panel with the hood opener.
That's what controls the headlight leveling system and the turning.

If you never changed this ecu, that's your problem. You need the ones for the adaptive LED.
You also need to install the afs off switch under the steering wheel.

See my thread here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rn-30-a-3.html
Old 01-07-20, 04:48 PM
GS350BO
Driver

[QUOTE=peasodos;10700758]I installed the triple beam led headlights on my 2013 GS, pre-refresh.

All I needed was the correct HEADLAMP SWIVEL ecu that is located in the driver side footwell behind the plastic panel with the hood opener.

If you never changed this ecu, that's your problem. You need the ones for the adaptive LED.

See my thread here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-present/898590-upgrades-for-when-i-turn-30-

Hey man, are you saying this will work for the triple beams that come on the GSF?? Appreciate the response.
Old 01-07-20, 04:54 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=GS350BO;10700773]
Originally Posted by peasodos
I installed the triple beam led headlights on my 2013 GS, pre-refresh.

See my thread here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-present/898590-upgrades-for-when-i-turn-30-

Hey man, are you saying this will work for the triple beams that come on the GSF?? Appreciate the response.
You would need the correct headlight swivel ecu for a 2016+ lexus GS for adaptive LED headlights to work. I think there is some modification required with the actual headlight harness itself to work on 2013-2015 GS. I installed the 2013-2015 Led triple beam headlights, other than the ecu and afs off switch it was plug and play for me. I'm not entirely sure about 2016+ triple beam led headlights because I never looked into that.
Old 01-07-20, 05:05 PM
GS350BO
Driver

Well, there’s a member from Latvia who looked like he actually got the swap working. Too bad, I can’t read Russian because he provides the wiring and code as well. Yes you are correct some custom wiring will need to be made between to the 2013 and 16+ harness, and since I don’t need the AFS the wiring will be different from the Latvia dude. Looks like I’m going to use some of his instruction and try to figure out the rest on my own. I will create a thread if I can get it to work properly.

The guy is andrewhren https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...onversion.html
Im2bz2p345 (01-08-20)
Old 01-07-20, 05:49 PM
Jthanh92
Driver School Candidate

I actually installed the LED headlight swivel and the afs switch. The "Check Headlight Leveling System" went away but now the "AFS OFF" light is constantly blinking and is more annoying then the other light. I tried to give 12v to each individual connector on the headlight harness and was only able to get the low beams to work. From my understanding, in Japan they actually retrofitted the headlights and could not get the adaptive afs to work. I've talked to others that also did the conversion and they all have the same problem.
GS350BO (01-07-20)
Old 01-07-20, 05:56 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

I actually installed the LED headlight swivel and the afs switch. The "Check Headlight Leveling System" went away but now the "AFS OFF" light is constantly blinking and is more annoying then the other light. I tried to give 12v to each individual connector on the headlight harness and was only able to get the low beams to work. From my understanding, in Japan they actually retrofitted the headlights and could not get the adaptive afs to work. I've talked to others that also did the conversion and they all have the same problem.
Take out your instrument cluster, take it apart and put electrical tape over the light opening for the AFS light on the inside.
The electrical tape will be on the inside of the instrument cluster and you'll never see the light again.

I did this with the TPMS light on my Civic back in the day.
Old 01-07-20, 06:05 PM
Jthanh92
Driver School Candidate

Maybe after I get my friend to retrofit everything and if the light still blinking then I would resort to the electric tape if all else fails. I also purchased this https://www.topendmotorsports.com/le...l-kit-5039.php
Hopefully, I can at least get the DRL running. If I find the headlights from japan that were retrofitted, I'll post it on here.
Im2bz2p345 (01-08-20)
Old 01-07-20, 06:12 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe after I get my friend to retrofit everything and if the light still blinking then I would resort to the electric tape if all else fails. I also purchased this https://www.topendmotorsports.com/le...l-kit-5039.php
Hopefully, I can at least get the DRL running. If I find the headlights from japan that were retrofitted, I'll post it on here.
I saw a Russian blog post a while ago on drive2.ru and they somehow got everything working then again those Russians are good at hacking.

There is actually a large GS community in Russia that post on drive2.ru, I use to dive deep into those forums using google translate, inspired some of my retrofits(upgrading seats to lux, power trunk, hud retrofit).

Last edited by peasodos; 01-07-20 at 06:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by peasodos:
GS350BO (01-20-20), Im2bz2p345 (01-08-20)
Old 01-07-20, 06:32 PM
Jthanh92
Driver School Candidate

I seen that post earlier. I have the diagrams and will compare it when I have the chance. The only person I know from that U.S that actually has everything working is @1945_gs @tnautoinspired on instagram. He actually took apart the previous headlights and swap some of the components into the LED triple headlights. I asked for a quote and it was around $2,000. I tried to talk to some guys on Japan about it but they said "I don't speak english", or maybe they didn't want to share.

Overall, the whole conversion process is a headache.
Old 01-18-20, 05:43 PM
thomi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help also

Hi Everybody,

I just recently did a conversion for the front end. It was a 15 F-sport and converted it into a 16+ facelift with the triple beam headlights. Having issues with the headlights ranging from the auto leveling system and the daytime running lights won't turn on without fully turning them on.
hey I need some help, just bought some GSF triple beam headlights for my 2013 GS350 luxury pkg and wondering if it’s plug and play or do I need some type of modifications. If you can add me on IG to message easier there, @nguyenthomi
Old 01-20-20, 02:34 PM
songoku
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by thomi
hey I need some help, just bought some GSF triple beam headlights for my 2013 GS350 luxury pkg and wondering if it’s plug and play or do I need some type of modifications. If you can add me on IG to message easier there, @nguyenthomi
You will need 16+ facelift (bumper, grille, etc) first as 2016 headlights won't fit with 2013 bumper/grille without modification.

Quick Reply: Help with wiring for Triple-Beam headlights