GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

A mouse got me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-19, 09:08 AM
soulless
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice that you got that fixed, i bought my car from Glendale, so i went to my first CPO oil change service few weeks ago and they were OK. Might consider going to Longo if i hear any more horror stories though. I was thinking since i purchased the car there maybe they would have more incentive to help me with any problems.

Im thinking they would rather replace the whole harness instead of just patching the connection though, since that would probably make them more money.
Old 04-02-19, 11:57 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Pest control guy told me once that all a mouse needs is a hole the size of a pencil. I find that hard to believe, but I figure he has more experience with that stuff than I do.
Old 04-02-19, 12:18 PM
DomCard
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soulless
Nice that you got that fixed, i bought my car from Glendale, so i went to my first CPO oil change service few weeks ago and they were OK. Might consider going to Longo if i hear any more horror stories though. I was thinking since i purchased the car there maybe they would have more incentive to help me with any problems.

Im thinking they would rather replace the whole harness instead of just patching the connection though, since that would probably make them more money.
It's funny because the advisor there told me straight up that they were going to make a killing on that job which is why he was trying to get me to go through my comprehensive coverage on my insurance. Even tried to sell me on the fact they could cover part of my deductible. In his words "it's never recommended from Lexus to repair a wiring issue" and then popped my hood and said they would have to replace the whole harness around the engine bay to fix those two little wires that were cut. When I lived in Philly the dealership I used was as honest as they come. Such a shame this is not the same here. Guess he thought I didn't know how to take things apart and look for myself.
Old 04-02-19, 12:19 PM
DomCard
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Pest control guy told me once that all a mouse needs is a hole the size of a pencil. I find that hard to believe, but I figure he has more experience with that stuff than I do.
That's crazy. Spoke to my apartment complex I live at and had them move me to a different parking spot that isn't next to the trash area. Hopefully that helps.
Old 04-02-19, 12:24 PM
DomCard
Driver School Candidate

Out of curiosity does anyone know the part number or have a link to a new/used harness for that section? I keep my car in perfect condition and the thought of not having my wiring perfect anymore kind of makes me sad.

I've been looking online and not having too much success finding it. Maybe calling another dealership parts department might help. Figured I would turn here first.

Not sure if it is worth replacing the whole harness to fix these two wires though.
Old 04-02-19, 12:25 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by DomCard
It's funny because the advisor there told me straight up that they were going to make a killing on that job which is why he was trying to get me to go through my comprehensive coverage on my insurance. Even tried to sell me on the fact they could cover part of my deductible. In his words "it's never recommended from Lexus to repair a wiring issue" and then popped my hood and said they would have to replace the whole harness around the engine bay to fix those two little wires that were cut. When I lived in Philly the dealership I used was as honest as they come. Such a shame this is not the same here. Guess he thought I didn't know how to take things apart and look for myself.
Those dealership advisers make commission on the work they sell and a good portion of their salary is commission. Those advisers try to push maintenance prematurely or just unnecessary crap just to make more money.
I'm not sure if all dealerships have commission for service advisers, but this type of practice is dishonest.
Old 04-02-19, 12:30 PM
DomCard
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peasodos
Those dealership advisers make commission on the work they sell and a good portion of their salary is commission. Those advisers try to push maintenance prematurely or just unnecessary crap just to make more money.
I'm not sure if all dealerships have commission for service advisers, but this type of practice is dishonest.
I was in car sales for a couple years and that whole business is as scummy as you can get. The service department is where the dealership makes most of it's money and I know the guys I used to work with would try and take advantage of every person walking through the shop.
Old 04-02-19, 05:18 PM
eddie420

Received 629 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by TAURUSSLVR
Glendale dealerships are notorious for that kind of stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if the tech chewed through it himself.
Name:  LYca90K.png
Views: 6
Size:  503 Bytes