GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

About To Join the Club - Sanity Check

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-19, 09:23 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,157 Likes on 854 Posts

It might be tough to find an F-sport for under $25k. You will find more in NY/PA/NJ/CT/MA if you're willing to travel a bit. If you don't need the car right away, I would hold off and be patient...
Old 04-25-19, 02:32 PM
MikeLucky
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You could also look for AWDs with the Lux package. Not an F-Sport but pretty close.
Old 04-25-19, 03:01 PM
Jweb2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any thoughts on this one
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6421/overview/
2013 with lux package 77k on the miles. One owner but the car did travel a lot and has been overseas. I’m holding at 19k dealer has been slowly coming down but I’m not sure if they will to my price point. Would you pull the trigger on this one or stand your ground and find one for lower miles. I’m not a fan of the “fully loaded” term but this one is close.
Old 04-25-19, 05:35 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Jweb2
Any thoughts on this one
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6421/overview/
2013 with lux package 77k on the miles. One owner but the car did travel a lot and has been overseas. I’m holding at 19k dealer has been slowly coming down but I’m not sure if they will to my price point. Would you pull the trigger on this one or stand your ground and find one for lower miles. I’m not a fan of the “fully loaded” term but this one is close.
If you have the maint records that confirm the oil changes, I would buy that car. Lux ML awds are excellent. Plus we can meet up and be twinsies.
Old 04-25-19, 07:45 PM
Jweb2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jonathancl
If you have the maint records that confirm the oil changes, I would buy that car. Lux ML awds are excellent. Plus we can meet up and be twinsies.
Hey Nice Car.
I checked the Lexus service records. Nothing on oil changes. It does need tires and recently had the drive belt repalced. I have not had eyes on the car yet. It looks like it got traded to the dealership they did a used car inspection and then the old NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE comes up 4 times with service refused which gives me pause but I have never read one of those reports before tonight. Other than that all the services have been done. Any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated. The Lux package does seem so much nicer than the base so I’m leaning towards this one but not 100%...God forbid I get a ES instead.
Old 04-25-19, 08:41 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Looks good Jweb2. Only thing I see is that the driver seat looks pretty worn but that’s it.
Old 04-26-19, 03:10 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Hey Nice Car.
I checked the Lexus service records. Nothing on oil changes. It does need tires and recently had the drive belt repalced. I have not had eyes on the car yet. It looks like it got traded to the dealership they did a used car inspection and then the old NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE comes up 4 times with service refused which gives me pause but I have never read one of those reports before tonight. Other than that all the services have been done. Any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated. The Lux package does seem so much nicer than the base so I’m leaning towards this one but not 100%...God forbid I get a ES instead.
Are you set on an F-Sport or a Lux or does it matter what GS you get?
Old 04-26-19, 05:29 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Nothing on oil changes. It does need tires and recently had the drive belt repalced.
I pulled the service records: looks like oil changes were done close to schedule.
One thing to check: the intermittent driver seat motor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JTHCE1BL9D5002669.pdf (175.7 KB, 55 views)
Old 04-26-19, 05:27 PM
Jweb2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Are you set on an F-Sport or a Lux or does it matter what GS you get?
Im leaning toward the Lux not sure i could find a F-Sport any time soon. So as of now i am at 21k out the door on the above car. Probably need to have my mind made up by the AM. price is 19300. Spoke to a local dealer that I talked to yesterday. I asked him what he though and told him i would rather buy locally and would give him some time if he could be close on the price point. He said I should take this one unless it had some major flaw.

Any other thoughts?
Old 04-26-19, 05:40 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Looks good Jweb2. Only thing I see is that the driver seat looks pretty worn but that’s it.
Agree, it looks like the driver's seat has a badly worn place on the seat's back.

Also, it looks like the clear plastic cover over the gear selector on the console is badly scratched, which makes me wonder what the instrument cluster's clear cover and the NAV screen looks like. If the scratches were done by a car wash attendant it makes me wonder about the car's exterior paint.
Old 04-28-19, 01:51 PM
Jweb2
Driver School Candidate

Well tomorrow is GS day. Thanks for your help. I really hope everything works out its a 2 and half hour drive and this is the only used GS they have. Wish me luck The do have a couple of 2013 RXs around the same miles and price.
Old 04-29-19, 12:26 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Well tomorrow is GS day. Thanks for your help. I really hope everything works out its a 2 and half hour drive and this is the only used GS they have. Wish me luck The do have a couple of 2013 RXs around the same miles and price.
That red GS listing says it's sold. Did you buy it??
Old 04-29-19, 01:11 PM
ElitistSno
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious; what model/yr of Lincoln do you have and why are you “dumping” it?
Old 04-29-19, 02:07 PM
barrycarey
Driver School Candidate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

2010 MKZ.

Not a bad car, just getting a bit old.

Drove a 2013 GS 350 at a local Audi dealer and fell in love with it.
Old 04-29-19, 02:14 PM
barrycarey
Driver School Candidate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Any opinions on this one?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=513971365

Pretty much no service history on it which seems like a red flag. It's also been sold at auction twice recently which seems weird, although I'm not sure it's bad. Carfax is clean though.

It hits all the marks I'm looking for plus has HUD and ML sound.

I have a 1 owner 2015 with perfect dealer maintenance history I'm in the process of locking down. But saw this one pop up and I like the color combo better.

Last edited by barrycarey; 04-30-19 at 07:15 AM.

Quick Reply: About To Join the Club - Sanity Check