GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

$25,500 good price for 2015 F Sport with 24K miles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-19, 09:46 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Lexus Safety Suite was optional on 16s, so if it's important to you, you'll want to keep an eye out for it.

Lexus Safety System +
  • Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
  • All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
  • Intelligent High Beam (IHB)
  • Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist
Pre-collision system warns you of a potential collision and, in some cases, can apply the brakes for you.
Dynamic Radar Cruise, as you noted, will maintain a set distance between you and the car in front of you. All-speed means it'll work in stop/go traffic, down to a complete stop.
IHB is just the automatic high beams.
LDA will alert you if you drift out of your lane and offer a bit of assistance to nudge you back. When radar cruise is engaged, it assists in keeping you centered in the lane.
Old 04-30-19, 09:59 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 178 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Lexus Safety Suite was optional on 16s, so if it's important to you, you'll want to keep an eye out for it.

Lexus Safety System +
  • Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
  • All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
  • Intelligent High Beam (IHB)
  • Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist
Pre-collision system warns you of a potential collision and, in some cases, can apply the brakes for you.
Dynamic Radar Cruise, as you noted, will maintain a set distance between you and the car in front of you. All-speed means it'll work in stop/go traffic, down to a complete stop.
IHB is just the automatic high beams.
LDA will alert you if you drift out of your lane and offer a bit of assistance to nudge you back. When radar cruise is engaged, it assists in keeping you centered in the lane.
Thanks for the info bro. Thought you meant it was standard. I’ll probably never find one that has it that isn’t overpriced. That as standard equipment would’ve sold me on the 2016.
Old 04-30-19, 10:05 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by DMPesso
the gsf only comes in rwd? Thank god now I don’t want it lol.
Right? When I realized I immediately gave up on the GSF
yea like what does the 16 have that the 15 doesn’t? You think it’s worth 5-10k extra? I can get a 2013 for 19k-20k, 2015 for like 23k depending on miles some are 25k. 2016 seems like they’re all $30,000
Other posts explained better, but I'll add, the amount of data/info you can pick from. SOmething as simple as the ability to track miles per trip on the infotainment screen. On the '15 I get range, lifetime mpg, and time of current drive. My '16 ES had SOOO much more avaiable to me.
Same story with gauge cluster. '15 GS has temp, range, mpg, tire pressure, that's pretty much it. My '16 ES had a configurable gauge cluster screen that showed gps, radio controls, and a few other things I don't have now.
Some of the improvements on the 16+ models:

Updated navigation (full screen map capability).
Updated remote touch/control.
Updated HVAC display
New instrument gauge cluster
New engine (2GR-FSE vs 2GR-FKS)
Availability of the Lexus Safety Suite (optional on 16, standard starting on 17). Includes all-speed dynamic radar cruise, lane assist, and a few other items.
Interior trim changes

My 19 is quieter than my 15 was. I am not sure when, between 2016 and 2019, that this happened.

So, would I pay more for a 16 than a 15? Yes, I would. Not $5k more, but I would probably be willing to pay $2-4k more, but only if it were equipped with the safety suite.
wow thanks. Had no idea the safety suite was standard on all 2016 and the engine change. To me that alone is worth the extra money. What is land assist? Radar cruise is just automatic cruise control right? That doesn’t sound like a safety feature more like a convenience. I’m curious what the safety suite really entails if you care to explain :-) I’m all for paying extra for piece of mind with my wife and child driving most of the time without me since I’m always at work
^This
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is amazing (had it on '16). Ability for Car to slow down when traffic is in front of you and speed back up when it opens up. It is listed as a safety feature.
Lane Keep I like as well, it senses the lines and will vibrate wheel when starting to cross the lane lines and pull you back in your lane. I got really used to this on my '16.

I will look at whatever a 3 year old GS is when I'm ready to switch.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my '15 GS, but I wish I had gone slightly newer. ANd I would have, if the budget had allowed.
Old 04-30-19, 10:07 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Thanks for the info bro. Thought you meant it was standard. I’ll probably never find one that has it that isn’t overpriced. That as standard equipment would’ve sold me on the 2016.
I think all it would take is to find one with the highest trim level. I'm willing to bet there's not much price difference between the '16's. These sedans are hard to sell right now, so the price has to be competitive. You can't get away with charging thousands more (imo) just for the safety features on these used cars.

But, I haven't looked seriously since I got my GS in Aug.
Old 04-30-19, 10:20 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

While it wasn't standard on the 16s, they did seem to equip many of them with it. If you look at 16s, you would not have a hard time finding one with LSS+. I would just expand your search to include models up through 16.

For example, here are some 16s that are equipped with it and decently priced. I know these aren't local to you, but could give you an idea of pricing.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0913/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2745/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8484/overview/
The following users liked this post:
NickMayer (04-30-19)
Old 04-30-19, 10:55 AM
superboy74
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Try VINSVA, https://www.vinsva.com/details/used-...s-350/49810115
Old 05-01-19, 01:32 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Man I keep seeing the NX F sport and im not gonna lie it’s growing on me. What would you guys do. Spend 19-21k on a 2013/2014 GS F sport or spend 30k on a 2016 base GS or NX F sport. I can’t afford a 2016 GS F sport so if I’m getting a GS it would have to be between the 2013-2015 GS F Sport or a 2016 base model. I can’t decide what’s better. Not sure it’s worth paying almost $10,000 more just to have the 2016 facelift since the features are almost identical. I still have to go test drive the NX I just barely have time. I know the quality on the GS is better but the NX is really appealing. Only the f sport. The regular nx is hideous imo
Old 05-01-19, 01:39 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

There are lots of good 15s out there, so just aim for one of those. I loved mine.

As for GS versus NX, they're just very different vehicles. I am a fan of the NX and had a few loaner NXs, one for over a week, so I've spent lots of time with them. They are a great little CUV but I personally wouldn't choose one over the GS. The GS is more powerful, more refined, more luxurious, more...everything. The NX has lots of hard plastics in the interior, fewer features, and some 4 cylinder buzziness. The GS is a premium offering by Lexus, whereas the NX is an entry level vehicle. Definitely drive both, then report back and let us know.
Old 05-01-19, 01:55 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

There are lots of good 15s out there, so just aim for one of those. I loved mine.

As for GS versus NX, they're just very different vehicles. I am a fan of the NX and had a few loaner NXs, one for over a week, so I've spent lots of time with them. They are a great little CUV but I personally wouldn't choose one over the GS. The GS is more powerful, more refined, more luxurious, more...everything. The NX has lots of hard plastics in the interior, fewer features, and some 4 cylinder buzziness. The GS is a premium offering by Lexus, whereas the NX is an entry level vehicle. Definitely drive both, then report back and let us know.
**** after what you just said those were all the things i was afraid of. It’s basically a refined rav4. my favorite thing about the GS is that high quality interior. I will check it out in person but even thru pics u can tell it’s cheaper. Also currently have a GS430 so I can imagine going to a 4 cylinder
Old 05-01-19, 01:58 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

I do like the NX, but it's clearly a substantially less expensive vehicle, and it feels like it. If my wife wanted one, I'd totally get it for her and do so without complaint. But I'm not trading my GS in for one...
The following users liked this post:
NickMayer (05-02-19)
Old 05-01-19, 02:04 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

**** after what you just said those were all the things i was afraid of. It’s basically a refined rav4. my favorite thing about the GS is that high quality interior. I will check it out in person but even thru pics u can tell it’s cheaper. Also currently have a GS430 so I can imagine going to a 4 cylinder
You beat me to it. The NX is about like a RAV4 in my opinion. The loaner I had was a rattle trap with the floor cover rattling. And the engine's throttle response was either really weak or the turbo was engaged - nothing much in between the two excesses.
Old 05-01-19, 02:16 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus
You beat me to it. The NX is about like a RAV4 in my opinion. The loaner I had was a rattle trap with the floor cover rattling. And the engine's throttle response was either really weak or the turbo was engaged - nothing much in between the two excesses.
ok thanks you convinced me to not even consider it lol. I only like Lexus for the top quality especially the interior and ride. Now I can’t decide if I want that doofy RX my girl is feening for a bigger car but I only like the rx in f sport but it’s too expensive. There are some nice ones with just premium or luxury package and with the 20” wheels I like it but for 33-35k when I can spend 5k more for the f sport doesn’t seem worth it. My main problem is my bad credit I won’t get approved for anything less then 7-9% and that really adds up over 5-6 years
Old 05-01-19, 11:07 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

ok thanks you convinced me to not even consider it lol. I only like Lexus for the top quality especially the interior and ride. Now I can’t decide if I want that doofy RX my girl is feening for a bigger car but I only like the rx in f sport but it’s too expensive. There are some nice ones with just premium or luxury package and with the 20” wheels I like it but for 33-35k when I can spend 5k more for the f sport doesn’t seem worth it. My main problem is my bad credit I won’t get approved for anything less then 7-9% and that really adds up over 5-6 years
You probably should not buy the car if you can't afford to pay it over 3 years and if your credit is really that bad.
Old 05-02-19, 06:35 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by peasodos
You probably should not buy the car if you can't afford to pay it over 3 years and if your credit is really that bad.
3 years? Most people I know finance for 5-6 years. But your right, unless your getting under 2% APR then it doesn’t pay to do it for less time for the small amount of interest.
Old 05-09-19, 08:09 AM
Dom87SS
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 84 Posts

thats cheaper then they go for around here. I got my 13 with 70k on it for 24,500 a year ago. So you are looking at paying 1000 more for a year newer and 50k less miles. Mine was one of the cheapest around here and I shopped for almost 2 months to find it.

Quick Reply: $25,500 good price for 2015 F Sport with 24K miles?