GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New 4GS Owner - Mod Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-19, 09:58 PM
nchaw6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New 4GS Owner - Mod Ideas?

Hey guys! I recently just bought a Black 14 GS 350 F-Sport, and all that's been done to the car is 5% tint on all four windows. I know it's probably a bit more harder to mod a black car but I was wondering if y'all had any suggestions for me! Thank you, I've attached some pictures of the new ride below.

Old 05-03-19, 11:14 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Blackout all the chrome, get L-style front lip, RR-supercharger, paint correction, and ceramic coat the entire car.
Old 05-04-19, 04:57 AM
PilotX
Driver

Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts

+1 supercharger.
Old 05-04-19, 12:19 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

We have a lot of suggestions..

Lexon body kit.
Invidia/Tanabe exhaust.
Swift Springs
RSR coilovers
Wheels.

The list goes on!!

Contact us for any information!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-04-19, 02:45 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

Good choice going with F Sport. You'll have a lot more options with front lips.

For best results, I suggest you plan your entire build before buying anything. This will help you determine what you can/can't get based on a real budget. You will save a lot of money by doing everything once, and hopefully save money on shipping products together.

Here's a good 'prosumer' (professional level consumer) starter set-up (Est cost $2,300 + shipping)..

1a. RSR Down Springs
1b. RSR Basic-i Coil-Overs
2. AIMGAIN Front Lip
3. H&R 15mm Wheel Spacers
4. TOMs Racing Air Filter
5. Tanabe Medalion Exhaust

Last edited by TOPENDMS; 05-04-19 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-04-19, 06:30 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Beautiful car OP.
I've got some time free so I'm going to play devil's advocate.
Why do you want to mod? What type of car do you want? Are you willing to male one of the most reliable cars less so? How much can you justify given you won't get a cent back when you sell?

Chrome delete is an obvious yes. I'd also add fog lights, apparently our Fsport wasn't luxury enough to get them haha. I don't think the top of the line Sports Luxury model had much else worth upgrading to, maybe throw in the upgraded driver's seat if you see one, apparently the semi analine leather is nice.

Front lip would be nice, I'd buy one like you linked if they were available here, they're so cheap. Some people also 'red out' the orange indicator on the brake lights, that looks pretty good. Another common mod is changing the wheels to a square setup so you can rotate tyres. The current trend of really low profile tyres isn't practical nor even that effective.

If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket have a look at a supercharger(PilotX is the resident expert on these) or a nice set of 3 beam LED headlights off the 450H, they're super sexy. From what I've read US GS vehicles seem to be shipped from Japan without options, maybe see what features others have that you don't and see what takes your fancy. If the HUD wasn't standard on the US Fsport, that's one of my favourite features of the car.

Springs/suspension/lowering - as epic as it looks, I wouldn't touch the suspension. I've been studying these forums for a while now, suspension changes usually leads to chewing up other ride components. That said, airbags would be really cool. Maybe put some cash aside for some new rotors haha.

Not sure why people put exhausts on v6 Lexus vehicles. They're built to be quiet and the car's not going to go any faster with it on. That said, a bimodal setup would be the best of both worlds. Same goes for air filters and intakes, there's no advantage over the stock system whatsoever so I wouldn't waste your money- better off spending the cash on illuminated door sills.
Old 05-04-19, 08:25 PM
PilotX
Driver

Originally Posted by Cwang
Beautiful car OP.
If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket have a look at a supercharger(PilotX is the resident expert on these) or a nice set of 3 beam LED headlights off the 450H, they're super sexy. From what I've read US GS vehicles seem to be shipped from Japan without options, maybe see what features others have that you don't and see what takes your fancy. If the HUD wasn't standard on the US Fsport, that's one of my favourite features of the car.

Springs/suspension/lowering - as epic as it looks, I wouldn't touch the suspension. I've been studying these forums for a while now, suspension changes usually leads to chewing up other ride components. That said, airbags would be really cool. Maybe put some cash aside for some new rotors haha.

Not sure why people put exhausts on v6 Lexus vehicles. They're built to be quiet and the car's not going to go any faster with it on. That said, a bimodal setup would be the best of both worlds. Same goes for air filters and intakes, there's no advantage over the stock system whatsoever so I wouldn't waste your money- better off spending the cash on illuminated door sills.
Supercharger makes the car way too fast. I did put some 20" Velgens on and BC Coilovers. Need to work out some clunks in the coils so I will get on with tech support on Monday'ish. My exhaust drones at 1800 but sounds amazing 3K and up.

You can spend a lot of money making this car faster and nicer looking. Some opt for a GS-F but I think 400whp in an RWD is adequate, hoping for 445 when I switch to ethanol blend.

Last edited by PilotX; 05-04-19 at 08:26 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 05-06-19, 01:35 PM
LexinOnEm
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

how do you like the bc coils? i had them on my g35 and loved them. can they go very low?
Old 05-06-19, 01:48 PM
PilotX
Driver

They are nice and stiff. Working on the clunks when I can get back to the shop. Also headed to Lexus tomorrow for an alignment.

Last edited by PilotX; 05-06-19 at 04:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LexinOnEm (05-06-19)
Old 05-06-19, 03:23 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by PilotX
Supercharger makes the car way too fast.

hoping for 445 when I switch to ethanol blend.
love it.
Old 05-06-19, 06:11 PM
LexinOnEm
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nice, cant wait to get mines. plus having the option to adjust the dampening 30 ways is legit