GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How to not scrape while lowered ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-19, 06:58 PM
SharpGent
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 50 Posts
Default How to not scrape while lowered ?

Seems silly, right? Just drive more slowly.

I'm on Tanabe and the drop and ride are perfect. It's everything I wanted. My only issue is I like to drive the car. Turning onto streets at a slightly accelerated speed (especially if that street has even the slightest change in incline) results in the front clip corner scraping the street for a moment.

Dallas roads aren't terrible, but they definitely are uneven between cross streets.

I would love a front skirt, but I know I would be throwing money away.

Besides driving more slowly at every turn (which everyone knows is the right choice but less fun), is there a way to protect things? I was looking at the Scrape Armor ( https://www.scrapearmor.com/collecti...exus-gs-f-2016 ) but am curious if anyone else had ideas.
Old 05-13-19, 11:14 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by SharpGent

I'm on Tanabe and the drop and ride are perfect. It's everything I wanted. My only issue is I like to drive the car.
I'd like to take a minute to enjoy your choice of words.

Why not install airbag suspension? You can drive it like it's meant to be driven and then drop it for that fully sick look next time you feel like a Big Mac!
The following users liked this post:
SharpGent (05-15-19)
Old 05-14-19, 03:07 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

You can always get the front camera that beatsonic offers to help that. Honestly you when your low you get a feel after a while for what will scrape and what wont.
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/cs5ep.html
Old 05-14-19, 08:02 AM
RichardB23
Pole Position

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

sway bars and yeah dallas roads are not the best lol especially downtown near reunion tower.
Old 05-14-19, 12:25 PM
RusoArmo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting. I am on stock wheels and Tanabe springs as well. Haven't had any issues on any normal roads, residential or not. I suppose if I went full speed into a neighborhood or parking lot that has a slightly inclined entrance I would scrape but just driving on normal roads, no issue.
Old 05-15-19, 06:09 AM
SharpGent
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwang
I'd like to take a minute to enjoy your choice of words.

Why not install airbag suspension? You can drive it like it's meant to be driven and then drop it for that fully sick look next time you feel like a Big Mac!
Dude, I would LOVE to. But the cost is more than my budget will allow. One day, my friend.

I've never understood driving around on terrible roads with the car slammed on bags. Why not raise it up so you're comfortable? You may look cool if you're not moving, but quite silly if you're scraping and bouncing through the alleyways.
Old 05-15-19, 09:41 AM
dTxworld
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

yep some Dallas streets really do suck! I'm usually taking the same routes so I know the streets pretty well and how to maneuver around them but when I'm in the unknown, I usually observe the car in front of me and can determine when I need to slow down or know when something bad is coming up and just try to roll over it slowly with consideration to the cars behind me... sometimes theres no way around them and just have to eat it but if youre on springs with stocks you shouldnt get that issue too frequently...

if you were on coils, increasing the stiffness settings could probably help decrease the amount of times you scrape when cornering.

Last edited by dTxworld; 05-15-19 at 09:45 AM.