Sound not working?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-19, 05:45 PM
gs35o
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound not working?!!!

Hey guys,

i was listening to music fine yesterday. Today on my way to work turned on the music and couldnt hear anything. noticed the dial beside the control buttons wasnt turning up or down the volume either (no numbers going up or down) nor was the volume control on steering wheel.

The music is playing because you can see it going through the song by the time. Same thing with radio, and CD. You can tell it is playing since you see the length of song changing as song plays etc. Just no sound whatsoever.

Tried to use voice command , cant hear the voice command talk anymore either, but it is still taking my commands and hearing my voice, just no sounds at all.

I tried disconnecting battery for 45 min and reconnecting, nothing at all.

Any ideas whats going on? Its a 2013 lexus gs350 f sport. And i dont ever listen to music on high volume. Thinking its a factory defect? Any ideas? Been two days now.
Old 05-27-19, 06:34 PM
PilotX
Driver

Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts

A trick that worked for me was to start the car while holding the left radio button. Found it on the 3rd gen forum. Worked for me as I started to fear an amp issue.
Old 05-27-19, 07:36 PM
gs35o
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PilotX
A trick that worked for me was to start the car while holding the left radio button. Found it on the 3rd gen forum. Worked for me as I started to fear an amp issue.

This button? Or the media one?
Old 05-27-19, 08:01 PM
PilotX
Driver

Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts

The on off ****.
Old 05-27-19, 08:48 PM
gs35o
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PilotX
The on off ****.

So i just tried it and didnt work

I heard the tiniest little clink sound everytime i tried it though which is wierd, and also the lexus screen on start up came on twice. Which is also wierd. Not sure what else i can try.
Old 05-28-19, 04:29 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Check if you blew a fuse for amp.
Old 05-28-19, 05:39 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

@gs35o If you are willing to get your hands dirty (I mean get your multimeter out) and disassemble parts of your dash, PM me I'll find a way to get you the foolproof step by step troubleshooting guide. If checking fuses is the most you're happy doing then I suggest an auto elec.
Old 05-29-19, 07:25 AM
gs35o
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cwang
@gs35o If you are willing to get your hands dirty (I mean get your multimeter out) and disassemble parts of your dash, PM me I'll find a way to get you the foolproof step by step troubleshooting guide. If checking fuses is the most you're happy doing then I suggest an auto elec.

Hey man. Totally new to this site. Been trying to figure out how to PM you but cant seem to find it lol! Can you pm me it? Thanks !!
Old 05-29-19, 08:46 AM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Your amp in the trunk probably bad. Mines goes in and out with the symptoms that you're describing. I took mines to the dealer and they told me its probably my aftermarket amp shorting out the factory amp. I'm going to take my system out and take it back soon. I don't believe it have anything to do with taking apart the dash board.
Old 05-29-19, 08:54 AM
NJLEXES
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a '17 where I had a similar problem. Everything looked normal, but no sound. It shouldn't happen, but the way I reset the system was just press and hold down the round volume button for several seconds. It shuts the radio down and reboots it. No need to disconnect anything or even shut the car off. Only ever happened twice in the winter months, but this fixed the issue both times.
Old 05-29-19, 10:25 AM
gs35o
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gs35o
Hey guys,

i was listening to music fine yesterday. Today on my way to work turned on the music and couldnt hear anything. noticed the dial beside the control buttons wasnt turning up or down the volume either (no numbers going up or down) nor was the volume control on steering wheel.

The music is playing because you can see it going through the song by the time. Same thing with radio, and CD. You can tell it is playing since you see the length of song changing as song plays etc. Just no sound whatsoever.

Tried to use voice command , cant hear the voice command talk anymore either, but it is still taking my commands and hearing my voice, just no sounds at all.

I tried disconnecting battery for 45 min and reconnecting, nothing at all.

Any ideas whats going on? Its a 2013 lexus gs350 f sport. And i dont ever listen to music on high volume. Thinking its a factory defect? Any ideas? Been two days now.

Update!!!! Went into my trunk this morning to have visual inspection of amp. Atleast 1 inch of water in the compartment. Got visible water out with some absorbent cloths. Still not working. Going to try popping a bunch of silicia gel packs in it
Old 05-30-19, 08:39 PM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

Can you let us know what solution you go with? If it's a new amplifier, can you provide the part#
Old 06-20-19, 02:17 PM
gs35o
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
Can you let us know what solution you go with? If it's a new amplifier, can you provide the part#

Ended up getting new amp. Works now
Old 06-20-19, 02:39 PM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gs35o
Ended up getting new amp. Works now
Where did you get the amp? Part number? Was it plug and play?

Thanks
Old 06-20-19, 08:38 PM
gs35o
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
Where did you get the amp? Part number? Was it plug and play?

Thanks
Got it online on an american website. Came with one year warranty aswell. About $700. And yeah, just plugged it in and bam. Everything works now

Quick Reply: Sound not working?!!!