GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

16+ Fog light install updated guide

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-20, 10:06 AM
SharpGent
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 50 Posts

Also, does anyone want my totally untouched, brand new OEM switch? I clearly am not going to use it. PM me for details!
Old 12-07-20, 06:02 AM
GSdude
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharp Gent
I am interested in the OEM switch for fog lamp install. Should you already gotten rid of it. What is the part number, with hopes a local lexus dealer can get the part for me
Thanks in advance.

(was the install worth the time and effort?)

Don
The following users liked this post:
lexus4jess (04-29-21)
Old 04-29-21, 10:22 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Got mine done.
Old 05-13-23, 06:43 PM
4gs_dylan
10th Gear

Hi everyone, sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. But I cannot find anyone near me willing to do the job, and all the dealers near me are asking for way too much for the installation or do not want to attempt it at all. Since I already purchased the kit and can't return it it's looking like I need to attempt to do the installation myself. I have been studying the guide and prepping for it for the past few weeks. I have a couple of questions before I officially tackle the job. If anyone who has done it the same/similar way to the OP could chime in I would really appreciate it!

I think I found the eBay seller that the OP mentioned purchasing the pins from, but when I contacted him with the picture of the pin that the OP doesn't have the part number for the seller had said that he cannot identify which pin it is because they all look similar and would need a part number. If anyone has the part number for that pin it would be great help! I may have found the wrong eBay seller, but he was the only one to have that pin listed from what I saw.

The other question I had was about the wiring harness that came with the foglight kit. I'm confused as to what to do with it. I believe the OP mentioned cutting the positive wire going to the relay of the foglight harness and connecting that wire to the 2B connecter. I wanted to confirm this before I do any cutting. Plus, I feel like my harness might be different that the OP's. The foglight harness that I have has 4 wires going to it.
  1. Red Wire - Positive (looks like it would connect to the power source)
  2. Black & White Wire - Connects to the foglights
  3. (1) White Wire - Connects to what would be the aftermarket switch.
I attached a photo of the foglight harness that the seller included.

Once again any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Old 05-29-23, 12:15 PM
4gs_dylan
10th Gear

@baconRx @18gs350f @lexus4jess Hey, I'm looking to install my foglight kit the same way you guys did, but before I cut any wires I wanted to clarify how you used the included wiring harness. In the OP picture of the harness, you circled the relay. Did you cut the relay off completely or just the positive wire with the fuse and used that to connect to the 2B connector? What did you end up doing with the wire to what would have gone to the aftermarket switch (which looks like it would be #5 in the OP picture of the wiring harness)? Thank you for any help you can provide!
Old 05-30-23, 07:30 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Originally Posted by 4gs_dylan
@baconRx @18gs350f @lexus4jess Hey, I'm looking to install my foglight kit the same way you guys did, but before I cut any wires I wanted to clarify how you used the included wiring harness. In the OP picture of the harness, you circled the relay. Did you cut the relay off completely or just the positive wire with the fuse and used that to connect to the 2B connector? What did you end up doing with the wire to what would have gone to the aftermarket switch (which looks like it would be #5 in the OP picture of the wiring harness)? Thank you for any help you can provide!
Check out this link for more info.
F-sport Fog light OE stalk installation questions (pic) - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
Old 05-30-23, 07:35 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

This is my fog hookup.