mrplesh
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Thank you!
Old 04-15-20, 09:26 AM
leonncx
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone had luck reprogramming an used key? I just bought this used on ebay and i have no idea how to pair it to my car. Locksmiths are telling me they cant do it, and i’m sure the dealership wont do it either. The unlock service on ebay said they cant reset this specific FCC ID.

Old 04-15-20, 09:29 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

If you're trying to hook that up to your GS, it won't work. You need the GS-F key, as mentioned above.
Old 04-15-20, 09:35 AM
leonncx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
If you're trying to hook that up to your GS, it won't work. You need the GS-F key, as mentioned above.
It is the GSF key, same FCC ID. Just without the F logo. It came off a 2014 GS.
Old 04-15-20, 10:01 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Weird.

Is the physical key in that thing already cut, or is it just a blank?
Old 04-15-20, 10:04 AM
leonncx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Weird.

Is the physical key in that thing already cut, or is it just a blank?
Looks like its been cut already
Old 04-15-20, 11:23 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by leonncx
Looks like its been cut already
The key part doesn't matter you can buy a blank and have it cut. If you can't find anyone to reset the key to virgin status, it's useless.
Old 04-15-20, 11:42 AM
leonncx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peasodos
The key part doesn't matter you can buy a blank and have it cut. If you can't find anyone to reset the key to virgin status, it's useless.
How were you able to get yours programmed? Did you end up buying a blank key?
Old 04-15-20, 03:56 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by leonncx
How were you able to get yours programmed? Did you end up buying a blank key?
To program a used key you need someone with a special subscription to TIS, not someone who uses ebay and torrents. Not to mention a key that matches your ECU.
No harm in getting a quote from a dealer, their mechanics know their parts are stupidly expensive and may help you out.
Old 04-15-20, 04:03 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cwang
To program a used key you need someone with a special subscription to TIS, not someone who uses ebay and torrents. Not to mention a key that matches your ECU.
No harm in getting a quote from a dealer, their mechanics know their parts are stupidly expensive and may help you out.
A used key has to be set to virgin status, need special hardware for that. Dealer will not reset a used key, only program a new key.

If you buy a new key you can program it yourself with a $15 usb cable and copy of techstream that you can buy on eBay or Amazon. I have programmed 2 keys and erased the keys I don't have when I bought the car used.

I also got a regular key blade cut by an ebay seller($15 for the blank and the cutting service), all they needed was a couple pictures of my existing key blade. Then I shaved off the excess plastic to fit inside my credit card key. The key they cut worked perfectly.
Old 04-15-20, 04:30 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

A used key has to be set to virgin status, need special hardware for that. Dealer will not reset a used key, only program a new key.
What hardware? Pretty sure the only additional software needed is a TIS Security Professional subscription, on top of the standard cable and TIS
Old 04-16-20, 07:18 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cwang
What hardware? Pretty sure the only additional software needed is a TIS Security Professional subscription, on top of the standard cable and TIS

Old 04-17-20, 05:13 AM
MrJamison
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The dealer can reseed the ECU and program a used key with no problems but it's going to cost you bc it literally takes 20-30 mins to reseed the ECU and knock out all of the old keys. Once that's completed, they can program the existing keys back and the used credit card key as long as the credit card key is the correct one for your car. Trust me, we do it all of the time. The thing is, you have to be a Lexus dealer to reseed the ECU for security reasons and it's a process that requires the tech and level of management to sign off of it digitally through Lexus. A brand new, never programmed key can be added within minutes though without approval.
Old 04-17-20, 05:49 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrJamison
The dealer can reseed the ECU and program a used key with no problems but it's going to cost you bc it literally takes 20-30 mins to reseed the ECU and knock out all of the old keys. Once that's completed, they can program the existing keys back and the used credit card key as long as the credit card key is the correct one for your car. Trust me, we do it all of the time. The thing is, you have to be a Lexus dealer to reseed the ECU for security reasons and it's a process that requires the tech and level of management to sign off of it digitally through Lexus. A brand new, never programmed key can be added within minutes though without approval.
If your adding a virgin status key you can erase all the outstanding keys and add the keys(previous and new) you have to the car using "Smart Code Erasure" in Techstream. That what I did to disable the 2 keys that didn't come with my car when i purchased it used. Only takes minutes.

The following instructions I posted earlier in the thread:

Techstream Tutorial for Registering New Key

1. Connect cable from USB on your computer to OBDII port under the dash on the drivers side.
2. Put the ignition into the "ON" position(click start button twice without stepping on the brake pedal).
3. Launch techstream on your laptop.
4. Click "Connect to Vehicle"

5. Techstream will load your vehicle information including VIN if successful. You might have to select a option from the drop down tab that says: "< Select >". In my case it's Radar Cruise Control or Other. I select Other since I don't have radar cruise control. Then click "Next".

6. Double click "Smart Access"

7. Select "Utility" from the buttons on the left.

8. Select "Smart Code Registration" to add a new key.
Select "Smart Code Erasure" instead if you want to erase all outstanding keys and register the keys you have in-hand. This will erase any keys you don't have from a previous owner.

9. Then you follow the on screen prompts. It includes pictures and instructions. Essentially what you do is click a button, put a registered key directly in front of the engine start button, it will beep. Then put that key away from the car and put the new key directly in front of the start button and it will beep when it's successful. That it, super easy.

Last edited by peasodos; 04-17-20 at 05:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
onizukhoa (11-06-23)
Old 07-22-22, 05:14 AM
blakmax36
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to confirm I own LX570 and it comes with card without F emblem if I purchase 89904-30L50 "with F emblem" do i still need to reprogram the card? or I just have to replace F part to my current card?

Quick Reply: Lexus Credit Card Key for 2013 GSh