GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

[Question] Do you guys daily your GS ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-19, 12:54 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 366 Likes on 255 Posts

It's daily as much as I drive daily.
Some days I just sit here in front of this computer.

There's certainly no other car.

Last edited by jonathancl; 09-09-19 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-09-19, 02:45 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

I would so daily an LFA if I can get one. I see Lambos and Ferraris everywhere but I haven't seen a single LFA on the road! I've only seen 2 sitting in the dealer showrooms and that's it.
Old 09-09-19, 02:59 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I would so daily an LFA if I can get one. I see Lambos and Ferraris everywhere but I haven't seen a single LFA on the road! I've only seen 2 sitting in the dealer showrooms and that's it.
Yes daily LFA, PPF the entire car, and ceramic coat it. Then no worries about rock chips.
Old 09-09-19, 03:05 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by slvrcrz
Hello I was just wondering, I only have 1 car which is the GS, i was wondering about what others have and if they are using the GS as their daily driver.
A lot of people told me they would have like a beater cars and then use the GS for certain occasion.
I dailyed my GS350 for like a year but then I picked up my dad's old 05 ES330 that I use as a beater or for work purposes, but I can sort of justify it as I clock like 30K a year.... if I didn't drive so much I'd just use the GS for everything. This summer I've been swapping back and forth etc. Like the past couple weeks because I have less crap going on I've been sticking with the GS mostly.

Plus with the ****ty mc crap winters in the northeast, and potholes... I'd much rather beat up my ES330 with that crap than the GS. January through the beginning of April or so is a total horror show in the northeast on the roads.

-Mike
Old 09-09-19, 03:09 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepBlue99
Having a beater to spare the GS sounds a bit extreme to me. I can see doing that with a GS-F... maybe. The numbers don't make sense to me though. You would have to do some pretty fancy mental gymnastics to justify the additional expense and to what end? Isn't the whole point of owning a cool car is to enjoy it?
It depends on how much you drive, and how much it costs you to keep your beater on the road. My beater is filled with tools and equipment and cost me almost nothing, and costs me like under $700 a year to keep on the road.

I also think locale matters. I would feel differently about it if I lived in a place that didn't have winter.

After you've destroyed a set of rims on a GS because of ****ing potholes a beater doesn't seem like such an insane idea....

ETA: Having a beater to take the commuting load off a nicer car is something I wish I had started doing years ago....

-Mike
Old 09-09-19, 08:59 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Used as a daily then got a beater Prius and now the wife dailies the GS and I get to drive it on the weekends.
Old 09-10-19, 06:17 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

I drive 60KM a day in my GS, I'm not rich enough to own two nice cars!
Old 09-10-19, 06:58 AM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Are the ones in the showrooms for sale? If so, would you happen to know how much? Would love to own one.
Old 09-10-19, 07:26 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by imjohnphan
Are the ones in the showrooms for sale? If so, would you happen to know how much? Would love to own one.
LFAs haven't sold well and Lexus won't discount them as to not hurt the value of the ones they did sell.
Old 09-10-19, 07:28 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Someone could have the highest mileage LFA daily driving it, and that in of itself could add value to an already rare car.

I think my 2013 GSh might be as rare as an LFA with just as little ever produced, maybe one day it will be worth something
Old 09-10-19, 07:32 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

According to cars.com, there are currently 6 available, ranging from $459k to 569k.

link
Old 09-10-19, 07:33 AM
praetor
Racer

Originally Posted by peasodos
Someone could have the highest mileage LFA daily driving it, and that in of itself could add value to an already rare car.

I think my 2013 GSh might be as rare as an LFA with just as little ever produced, maybe one day it will be worth something
You need two things for something to become valuable. 1) Low supply and 2) High demand

The LFA and the GSh is lacking # 2.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...s-the-country/

Last edited by praetor; 09-10-19 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-10-19, 07:37 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

Nope, I don't think the LFAs I saw were for sale, I think those are the dealer's owner's car. They're just flexin'!
Old 09-10-19, 08:17 AM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
You need two things for something to become valuable. 1) Low supply and 2) High demand

The LFA and the GSh is lacking # 2.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...s-the-country/
The LFA is definitely not lacking #2. That article states that there are 12 brand new unsold ones but they are also not listed for sale. They are owned by the dealers who do not wish to sell them. I know the dealer owner in my area had purchased 2 and sold one recently brand new for a million and is keeping the other one. So that technically is one "unsold" one right there but it is not available for purchase. The GSh is definitely lacking demand so yeah I don't think value is going to increase for that car.
Old 09-10-19, 08:27 AM
praetor
Racer

Originally Posted by imjohnphan
The LFA is definitely not lacking #2. That article states that there are 12 brand new unsold ones but they are also not listed for sale. They are owned by the dealers who do not wish to sell them. I know the dealer owner in my area had purchased 2 and sold one recently brand new for a million and is keeping the other one. So that technically is one "unsold" one right there but it is not available for purchase. The GSh is definitely lacking demand so yeah I don't think value is going to increase for that car.
LFA is definitely lacking #2. I'm not sure where you read the cars are not listed for sale but this is what I read.

"As Autoblog points out, there are a number of possibilities behind why these 12 LFAs have yet to be sold. The dealers could be using them as display pieces, or for investment purposes. Or, maybe they're just asking too much money, and won't budge on price."

The cars have been around since 2012. Demand for them is low. You compare that with an Italian supercar and there's a waiting list to buy one. So if they are holding out for more money, best of luck to them.

Quick Reply: [Question] Do you guys daily your GS ?