GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

[Question] Do you guys daily your GS ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-19, 07:07 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My GS IS my beater. 1999 GS400, 170K miles, just turned 20 years old.
Old 09-11-19, 08:19 PM
civic1998
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slvrcrz
Hello I was just wondering, I only have 1 car which is the GS, i was wondering about what others have and if they are using the GS as their daily driver.
A lot of people told me they would have like a beater cars and then use the GS for certain occasion.
Yeah I have black 2007 accord coupe on coilovers,18x9 wheels, with black jdm headlights for my work car it a good gas saver vs putting premium in my gs.
Old 09-12-19, 01:38 AM
esoteric13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sp slightly off topic because GX owner here not GS BUT I've only owned my GX for a little over a month and try not to drive it every day, typically several time a week it gets driven.Other time is spent commuting for work in a Fiat 500 abarth .I'd like to drive the GX more but with how much I drive for work , fuel economy and the 307k Mike's on the GX I try to use less in Hope's I can make it last longer .Might be failed logic , still figuring it out lol.
Old 09-12-19, 04:04 AM
Newskovich
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by esoteric13
Sp slightly off topic because GX owner here not GS BUT I've only owned my GX for a little over a month and try not to drive it every day, typically several time a week it gets driven.Other time is spent commuting for work in a Fiat 500 abarth .I'd like to drive the GX more but with how much I drive for work , fuel economy and the 307k Mike's on the GX I try to use less in Hope's I can make it last longer .Might be failed logic , still figuring it out lol.

GX owner here aswell I have 234k miles going strong I use the GX when I’m going cross country it’s the best at that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Newskovich:
Ellis4 (09-12-19), esoteric13 (09-12-19)
Old 09-12-19, 04:08 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

2007 GS450h with 253k miles.

I DD it about 950 miles per week.

Original CVT tranny fluid, Rear diff fluid, brake fluid, coolant.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (09-12-19)
Old 09-12-19, 07:07 AM
imjohnphan
Lead Lap

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by civic1998
Yeah I have black 2007 accord coupe on coilovers,18x9 wheels, with black jdm headlights for my work car it a good gas saver vs putting premium in my gs.
I just put regular in mine and has been good for 120K miles on the 4th gen. Gets about the same gas mileage as premium too.
Old 09-12-19, 07:35 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by samsonn25
2007 GS450h with 253k miles.

I DD it about 950 miles per week.

Original CVT tranny fluid, Rear diff fluid, brake fluid, coolant.
Nice a lot of these guys out here doing unnecessary fluid changes at a 1/4 of your mileage, goes to show Lexus is built to last.
Old 09-12-19, 08:10 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

I saw that too, original fluids at 250k miles!
Old 09-12-19, 09:37 AM
Ellis4
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife and I have been dailying my GS but I think this winter I am gonna leave it at my shop (hopefully finish the swap) and drive my 1993 Nissan pick up. This summer is the first summer that I have been really getting into exterior detailing and I cringe at the thought of snow on top of the car turning to ice and slowly melting off while it scratches the crap out of my clear coat.
Old 09-12-19, 09:40 AM
Ellis4
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Newskovich

GX owner here aswell I have 234k miles going strong I use the GX when I’m going cross country it’s the best at that.
I tried to get my wife a GX and she was set on a new Dodge Grand Caravan for all the seating and stow n go . One day I will just show up and swap her out for a GX and get rid of the van while she sleeps. I have a customer who owns an LX and a GX. The GX has about 250k and the LX has a very impressive 330k. They are both so well maintained that I would buy either in a heart beat, they run and drive like new.
bob256k (09-16-19)
Old 09-12-19, 10:33 AM
Furyo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Nah - its better to enjoy the car IMHO and not have a second car which you have to insure, register, maintain, etc. I hardly drive my car as it is b/c I commute using mass transportation but wish I could drive it more to get my money's worth. My uncle did this with his BMW X5 SUV (he bought a high mileage Acura TL as his daily) and he regretted not just using the BMW and enjoying it.

If I had the money or need, i'd do it differently: I'd use the GS as the daily driver (since its a great, reliable driveable sedan) and have a Range Rover or Porsche as the occasional/recreational ride.
I conquer, A GS is a decent daily driver. To add to the luxury options, if you want to get the best value to luxury dollar, the best is to only own one Daily beater car, like a Toyota Corolla, and then take the 40-120k you would have spent on a luxury car and instead rent a new car every weekend. That, of course, is for someone who likes to try out new cars. You can rent a Tesla for 100$ a day, for a weekend, then a Porsche the next weekend for about the same. Over 10 years, the costs will be about the same, but the variety of experience is far better. For someone who wants a Luxy weekend experience, but wants to get to know a car for a longer period of time, leasing allows you to get a new car every 2 years, and will wind up being about the same as buying over 10 years, without the benefit of getting that new car every other year. Let's face it, 10-year-old Luxury car's don't hold their value that well, what we buy is the experience. So why not pay for a more various, constantly refreshing luxury experience?
Albo (09-14-19)
Old 09-13-19, 05:17 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by slvrcrz
Hello I was just wondering, I only have 1 car which is the GS, i was wondering about what others have and if they are using the GS as their daily driver.
A lot of people told me they would have like a beater cars and then use the GS for certain occasion.
So this question can be answered a couple of ways... so when I had my GS F-SPORT I drove it mainly in the spring/summer & never in the winter for 2 reasons 1 it was a RWD in Boston & 2 I was also driving a GX for day to day stuff that needed to be accomplished & stuff that needed to be done @ my rental properties.

Now that I drive a GSF modded to death I truly only drive my car when it’s nice out or certain occasions sunny days never when it rains & drive the GX daily but at the end of the day it’s your call... how you feel about your GS & how if you can deal with driving something other than a Lexus or an older lexus as a beater... I mean I’ve been driving beaters for probably 16 yrs, Range Rovers, bmw, Volvo, Honda, Toyota, etc... now my daily is a newer GX (no longer beaters ) & I have no complaints with letting the my GSF just sit a day or 2 garaged, I know when I pull it out or when I jump in it will be just the way I left it... clean visually stunning & still dry from not being in a rain storm the day before...

So again I chock it up to what’s most important to you... you see we all have are own thoughts ideas or driving patterns question is what is it you want to do or do not want to do to preserve your GS good bad or ugly....

Good luck on your decision my friend

GSF & daily GX
The following 3 users liked this post by KOOLFELLA:
Albo (09-14-19), drgrant (09-13-19), RichardB23 (09-16-19)
Old 09-13-19, 05:29 PM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I rotate between the GS a 435i and a Cayenne.
Old 09-13-19, 09:25 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
So this question can be answered a couple of ways... so when I had my GS F-SPORT I drove it mainly in the spring/summer & never in the winter for 2 reasons 1 it was a RWD in Boston & 2 I was also driving a GX for day to day stuff that needed to be accomplished & stuff that needed to be done @ my rental properties.

Now that I drive a GSF modded to death I truly only drive my car when it’s nice out or certain occasions sunny days never when it rains & drive the GX daily but at the end of the day it’s your call... how you feel about your GS & how if you can deal with driving something other than a Lexus or an older lexus as a beater... I mean I’ve been driving beaters for probably 16 yrs, Range Rovers, bmw, Volvo, Honda, Toyota, etc... now my daily is a newer GX (no longer beaters ) & I have no complaints with letting the my GSF just sit a day or 2 garaged, I know when I pull it out or when I jump in it will be just the way I left it... clean visually stunning & still dry from not being in a rain storm the day before...

So again I chock it up to what’s most important to you... you see we all have are own thoughts ideas or driving patterns question is what is it you want to do or do not want to do to preserve your GS good bad or ugly....

Good luck on your decision my friend

GSF & daily GX
What are those rims on the GX? Nice cars...

-Mike
Old 09-14-19, 08:07 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by drgrant
What are those rims on the GX? Nice cars...

-Mike
Thx man I appreciate it...

The wheels are white diamond wheels, I had to track down a Set with my mod connections because they are not heavily stocked like years ago... but I tracked them cuz I knew they would look good on the GX

Quick Reply: [Question] Do you guys daily your GS ?