GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2018 F Sport... AC not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-19, 06:06 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Hopefully you won't have anymore issues. I assume they have to remove the dash assembly?
Old 11-01-19, 06:52 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
Hopefully you won't have anymore issues. I assume they have to remove the dash assembly?
Unfortunately I did not ask what was taken apart.
Old 11-01-19, 07:03 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
Unfortunately I did not ask what was taken apart.
Sometimes it's better not knowing...

My new Highlander had to have the stereo amp replaced under TSB. I made the mistake of reading about it, and found they had to take out the front seats, center console, and several trim pieces. I liked it better when I didn't know...
Old 12-09-19, 06:01 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Received 245 Likes on 126 Posts

The weekend after Cars and Coffee the AC stopped blowing any air from any of the dash vents, only blowing cold air from foot..rear and defroster vents. I will be dropping it off tonight at Lexus of Palm Beach.
Old 12-09-19, 12:21 PM
chinee
Racer

Tarmac... you’ve got an 18 as well, correct? Looks
like we’ve got the beginnings of a future TSB going on here...
Old 12-09-19, 12:49 PM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Tarmac... you’ve got an 18 as well, correct? Looks
like we’ve got the beginnings of a future TSB going on here...
@chinee I have a 2017, I was dreading this happening to me after seeing your post. You think it would be too **** of me to put plaster notes inside the car telling them to reverse park my car as to not damage my front lip on the parking curbs? I am dropping it off tonight.
Old 12-09-19, 01:00 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by TarmacSL3
@chinee I have a 2017, I was dreading this happening to me after seeing your post. You think it would be too **** of me to put plaster notes inside the car telling them to reverse park my car as to not damage my front lip on the parking curbs? I am dropping it off tonight.
I wouldn't say that's too far, you have a beautiful car and just wanna make sure it stays in that condition.
Take pictures before hand in case of any damage.
Old 12-09-19, 02:12 PM
chinee
Racer

I agree. Although there’s no way to guarantee that they won’t wash the car, or park it away from curbs or from under trees, you can always ask. Admit that you’re part of the 5% who obsesses about their car and you’d really appreciate it if they took a little extra care.

Odds are that it’ll take 2-3 days for parts to come in, so they’ll have it for the better part of the week. I took mine into the same dealer on a Monday at 2 pm, it was ready on Thursday afternoon.

Good luck!
Old 12-09-19, 06:39 PM
chinee
Racer

... I will be dropping it off tonight at Lexus of Palm Beach.
Because of your screen name, I always assumed you were in Tamarac, but going to Lexus of PB, I figured you for a Palm Beacher. So did a little detective work and remembered this pic of a turnpike booth, Delray maybe? Nope... Boynton, right?

So would this be your 2GS back in 2017, on Google street view?

Old 12-10-19, 06:05 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Because of your screen name, I always assumed you were in Tamarac, but going to Lexus of PB, I figured you for a Palm Beacher. So did a little detective work and remembered this pic of a turnpike booth, Delray maybe? Nope... Boynton, right?

So would this be your 2GS back in 2017, on Google street view?

@chinee LOL Great detective work..Yes thats the Boynton Turnpike plaza lot. I van pool to work in Plantation and thats where we park our cars.. The 2GS belonged to a member of the Van pool..I purchased my GS in May 2017 so I guess thats why its not in the lot in that picture. The screen name TarmacSL3 (Specialized SWORKS Tarmac SL3) is from my other passion which is road cycling.

On another note I dropped off the car last night and the service adviser was telling me they just finished a RC350 for the same issue so it seems to becoming a larger issue, he did say they have to take the dash apart to replace and he advises customers out of warranty to replace both sides as the labor is intensive. Both him and 2 other service guys were all commenting on my car and loved the look.. he did write in larger black sharpie "NOT to Wash and to Back in park only!!!!

And lastly I asked about the cost for the 20K service as my car is coming up to it and this is what he printed out..Are these guys on Crack!!!!

Old 12-10-19, 09:22 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

@chinee LOL Great detective work..Yes thats the Boynton Turnpike plaza lot. I van pool to work in Plantation and thats where we park our cars.. The 2GS belonged to a member of the Van pool..I purchased my GS in May 2017 so I guess thats why its not in the lot in that picture. The screen name TarmacSL3 (Specialized SWORKS Tarmac SL3) is from my other passion which is road cycling.

On another note I dropped off the car last night and the service adviser was telling me they just finished a RC350 for the same issue so it seems to becoming a larger issue, he did say they have to take the dash apart to replace and he advises customers out of warranty to replace both sides as the labor is intensive. Both him and 2 other service guys were all commenting on my car and loved the look.. he did write in larger black sharpie "NOT to Wash and to Back in park only!!!!

And lastly I asked about the cost for the 20K service as my car is coming up to it and this is what he printed out..Are these guys on Crack!!!!
Lexus Scheduled maintenance at the dealership is a complete rip off. You'd have to be an idiot to spend than kind of money on an oil change, fuel system cleaner, air filter, balancing the wheels, and cleaning your clean interior, lol. The only necessary items on this list are the oil change if it's been 10k miles/1 year and the air filter if it's never been replaced, both you can do yourself or do somewhere else for much cheaper.
Old 12-11-19, 02:01 PM
chinee
Racer

... and Lexus of Palm Beach is an Autonation dealer, so you know it’s all about profitability.

But with that said, I’ve only had one negative experience, with a Finance Mgr when I bought my 1st GS, a 2015. After that, I always made sure to state my expectations up front, be nice, but firm.

There’s tons of seniors in that area who buy the ES, that dealer is making a killing with add-ons at the sale and service. But that’s corporate for you...
Old 12-12-19, 06:17 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Picked up the car last night.. 4 Bad Servos #1,2,4 & 6, ( total of 6 servos) had my car been out of warranty this would have cost me ~$1800. The service advisor should me the bill 7hrs or Labor $938 and the 4 servos @ $204 each.. I asked about a recall and he stated there is none at this time. Hopefully if the other 2 do fail its before my warranty runs out.

Old 12-12-19, 07:13 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

That is crazy that 4 out of 6 were bad. Hope ya don't have anymore problems.
Old 12-12-19, 09:38 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,495 Posts

Picked up the car last night.. 4 Bad Servos #1,2,4 & 6, ( total of 6 servos) had my car been out of warranty this would have cost me ~$1800. The service advisor should me the bill 7hrs or Labor $938 and the 4 servos @ $204 each.. I asked about a recall and he stated there is none at this time. Hopefully if the other 2 do fail its before my warranty runs out.
I thought it sounded like bad servos. With 7 hours of labor it sounds like the technician had to remove a lot of the dash to get to the servos. Do you see any results of that, or do you know (from asking the service advisor) if your dash was removed?

Quick Reply: 2018 F Sport... AC not working