GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

RR Racing Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-19, 04:37 AM
AsianxWu
Driver

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RR Racing Tune

I know this has been talked about some, but the threads always die before actual numbers/detailed reviews come up.

Does anyone have this tune that can chime in if it's worth it?

How does it affect daily driving?

Did you get the carbon fiber intake with it? How did that affect performance/feeling?

What does your setup look like and did you see any differences in 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times?
Old 09-13-19, 08:54 AM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

On their own dyno report w/o any other mods you're only going to see like 10hp, likely not enough to detect a difference. I think they have another graph showing what a car with full headers etc will do, but I remember it being like 40 hp or something, which might be noticeable.... but that's a lot of cake for a marginal improvement. I imagine it might change the way the car feels while driving, etc, and power bands slightly because of the higher rev limiter....

As far as the intakes go, on these cars it's basically a fools errand unless you like the look of the thing.

-Mike
Old 09-13-19, 12:19 PM
AsianxWu
Driver

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by drgrant
On their own dyno report w/o any other mods you're only going to see like 10hp, likely not enough to detect a difference. I think they have another graph showing what a car with full headers etc will do, but I remember it being like 40 hp or something, which might be noticeable.... but that's a lot of cake for a marginal improvement. I imagine it might change the way the car feels while driving, etc, and power bands slightly because of the higher rev limiter....

As far as the intakes go, on these cars it's basically a fools errand unless you like the look of the thing.

-Mike
Yes, I've seen the graphs, but I want to know what those numbers translates to in real world driving.

I also want to know how it affects the feel of the car in daily driving.

It's hard to get that from numbers and I don't think one should go off how they advertise it. They're trying to sell their product so they're going to give you the best numbers on their runs. They also say it smooths out acceleration and improve other aspects of the car, but to what degree? If it improves by 0.01%, they're technically not lying.

I'm not saying they're trying to play games, but I would like real world, consumer experiences of the tune.