Remote Start Harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-19, 05:37 PM
4GSh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Start Harness

Hello,

I got a new-to-me 2013 GS450h a couple of months back. It's a very nicely optioned car, and I will slowly go thru and add the few remaining features that it is missing. Recently completed adding the power trunk thanks to this forum -- especially the efforts of peasodos and eddie420. Thank you! Well, almost done... I need the left-side trunk lining to hide the lifter motor arm.
Also intend to do the power folding side mirrors, but I can't get over how much sellers on eBay seem to think even broken mirrors are worth. Whatever. I'm patient.
Another item I want to retrofit is the remote starter. No good reason, just that I have the module so might as well plug it in. Unfortunately, I don't have the harness for it and I cannot find a part number for it, either. I'm perfectly willing to make my own harness for it, but can't find the wiring diagram for it in the service manual. Anybody with a 2013 or 2014 with remote starter that has their under-dash panel down right now? If so, you willing to look up the part number? Looks like its on a white label near the OBD2 connector. Alternatively if anyone has the pinout or wiring diagram, I would be grateful if you could send it to me. I found a picture of the harness on an old clublexus classified. Unfortunately, i can't see the harness' part number in the photo or see enough detail to know which color wires go into each position in the connectors.

Thanks in advance!
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (09-23-19)
Old 09-23-19, 02:17 AM
Claybo77
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Congratulations

Congratulations on being a forum member who has done their research and is asking a perfectly legitimate question that others (such as myself) want to know!
Perhaps a member has a Lexus parts counter staff member who is friendly??? Mine has always been pretty snooty. Be sure to have your VIN handy!