+1 Apple carplay
Yeah I fixed all my android auto issues by getting an iPhone
Old 04-18-20, 02:11 PM
Gold10460
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Yeah I fixed all my android auto issues by getting an iPhone

I’m using a iPhone X. It auto starts after starting my car, and will work but then it will lose connection. The amount of time it stays connected is inconsistent. I also haven’t had much time to drive and test, but when I connect to the USB it doesn’t disconnect. I also noticed that there is hardly any audio coming from the rear speakers while using the Carlinkit. Audio is fine from all other sources. I’m almost ready to toss this pos in the mail and get a refund.
Old 04-18-20, 02:14 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold10460
I’m using a iPhone X. It auto starts after starting my car, and will work but then it will lose connection. The amount of time it stays connected is inconsistent. I also haven’t had much time to drive and test, but when I connect to the USB it doesn’t disconnect. I also noticed that there is hardly any audio coming from the rear speakers while using the Carlinkit. Audio is fine from all other sources. I’m almost ready to toss this pos in the mail and get a refund.
Did you connect the antenna to the carlinkit box and where did you mount it? I mounted mine on top of the radio.

I don't have any connection issues using iphone Xs
Old 04-18-20, 02:37 PM
Gold10460
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Did you connect the antenna to the carlinkit box and where did you mount it? I mounted mine on top of the radio.

I don't have any connection issues using iphone Xs
it’s located on the top of the radio
Old 04-18-20, 03:26 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Honestly not sure what the issue is with your setup. Have you contacted the seller for tech support? Mine doesn't disconnect at all on wireless and all the speakers work, no audio issues.
Old 04-18-20, 05:17 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 109 Likes on 59 Posts

You may have to play with placement. You can also try resetting all network settings on your iphone, but it will erase any previous connections. If that doesn't work it is either the unit or antenna or both.
Old 04-18-20, 05:25 PM
SpinDrive
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by denary
I suspect this new cable harness is the one that was shipped with my recent order - which has the additional wires for split screen. I'm having difficulties getting this cable to work with my 2016 radio. I've been working with tech support trying to resolve my issues. They're having me try different Dip Switch setting and then switching out the green/white cables. It's still not working correctly and obviously frustrating as the radio and glove box are removed from the dash. Fortunately, I'm troubleshooting this during the crisis and have no real need to drive the car. Working with tech is a bit of a challenge as they do not come online until 11:30PM (est). This morning, I made a request to the tech via WhatsApp to send me the older cable - and I could test out to see if it resolves the issues I'm having. Waiting to hear back from them on this.

**Update** - I've been working with tech support to resolve the Carplay issue and it's been decided that the we can't determine if the issue is with the new harness cable or the unit itself. I was told they do not have any of the older cables available to send. With that, I'm throwing in the towel on this one for now. Tech support did tell me that they'll be testing my return once it's received and let me know if it was the box or cable that was the underlying issue.

that stinks, hopefully my 2013 doesn’t have these issues as the 2016 does.

mine should be here this week..
Old 04-20-20, 05:07 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 176 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by SpinDrive
that stinks, hopefully my 2013 doesn’t have these issues as the 2016 does.

mine should be here this week..
OK, since this thread is over 300 messages long, why are we talking about putting this unit in a 2013 radio? Peasodos said there are mouse control problems with this unit. Or am I so confused because there are three potential apple car play choices we can make with the GS, but it seemed that all of them had downsides on the 2013 and 2014 model years.
Old 04-20-20, 07:13 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hues10
OK, since this thread is over 300 messages long, why are we talking about putting this unit in a 2013 radio? Peasodos said there are mouse control problems with this unit. Or am I so confused because there are three potential apple car play choices we can make with the GS, but it seemed that all of them had downsides on the 2013 and 2014 model years.
Apparently Carlinkit has created a new harness and have a firmware update to fix the mouse problem with the 2013-2015 split screen, but I'm not sure if anyone on here has got it to work correctly.
Old 04-20-20, 07:20 AM
SpinDrive
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hues10

Carlinkit is actively working to try and fix this issue and if people don’t try it and work through the issues it will never get fixed.

My 2013 is still in factory condition and therefore have no reason to buy a newer car to get Apple CarPlay to “work”... just because in the past 13-15 haven’t worked, doesn’t mean it should be dismissed all together because you don’t like reading about it.
Old 04-20-20, 02:38 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SpinDrive
Carlinkit is actively working to try and fix this issue and if people don’t try it and work through the issues it will never get fixed.

My 2013 is still in factory condition and therefore have no reason to buy a newer car to get Apple CarPlay to “work”... just because in the past 13-15 haven’t worked, doesn’t mean it should be dismissed all together because you don’t like reading about it.

I agree with you. The reason that the Grom works so well now is the users were willing to work through the pain. No piece of software is perfect (especially when hacking an OEM system). Those that are willing to engage, give feedback, test, and repeat are most valuable to companies that produce these things. Then everyone benefits a few months down the line.
Old 04-20-20, 02:52 PM
sfellows
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They sent me a MCU update yesterday, installed and tested. Still hasn't solved the split screen issue, but it seems a bit more responsive.

Old 04-20-20, 03:24 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sfellows
They sent me a MCU update yesterday, installed and tested. Still hasn't solved the split screen issue, but it seems a bit more responsive.
The real updates happen with the firmware, not so much the MCU
Old 04-20-20, 03:25 PM
sfellows
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The real updates happen with the firmware, not so much the MCU
Ok I'll ask for a firmware update
Old 04-20-20, 03:26 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sfellows
Ok I'll ask for a firmware update
What you have: 9.1.9.yl.l570 is newer than mine. I wish they had a website to download the latest firmware instead of having to ask them.

Quick Reply: Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319