GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-20, 06:31 PM
SciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx
can't say im a fan. just got my unit in and it really does suck for andriod auto. i have a spare iphone and that connected no problem but i had issues connecting to my phone's hotspot so i could just leave the iphone in the car. the other major issue with this unit is instead of being able to navigate normally like 1 to 1 on the screen with the joystick pretty much registers right or left movements. up and down will register as a right or left and no predicting where you'll land. I wonder if i just have an old firmware version or what. wireless android auto doesn't work, can only get it to connect when wired. I also couldn't figure out where to put it so its currently cluttering mt glovebox with the wires coming out the bottom left corner
That is unfortunate to hear... I have a 2013 and an Android phone, so I was hoping this would work out.

Did you get the latest firmware updates from the company?
Old 04-26-20, 04:44 AM
tantasticc
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx
can't say im a fan. just got my unit in and it really does suck for andriod auto. i have a spare iphone and that connected no problem but i had issues connecting to my phone's hotspot so i could just leave the iphone in the car. the other major issue with this unit is instead of being able to navigate normally like 1 to 1 on the screen with the joystick pretty much registers right or left movements. up and down will register as a right or left and no predicting where you'll land. I wonder if i just have an old firmware version or what. wireless android auto doesn't work, can only get it to connect when wired. I also couldn't figure out where to put it so its currently cluttering mt glovebox with the wires coming out the bottom left corner
if you are looking to sell it. I’ll be willing to buy it off you
Old 04-26-20, 01:42 PM
RMuniz
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Measured
Anyone ever get there settings sorted for the mic echo?
Yes, you can use the baseline settings from this post: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post10774372

Then, while on a call with someone, increase the "Microphone Delay" one step at a time until the echo is eliminated. I landed on a "Microphone Delay" of 5.
Old 04-26-20, 01:56 PM
Foorgon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peasodos
Last time I did it, I was not asked for a password. I will probably update mine tomorrow.
Hi. First of all thank you all for sharing experience. I just installed carlinkit in mine rx350 2016.
I downloaded your update firmware and now it’s asking for passcode as well. Please, find out from your contact, when you’ll have time.
Old 04-26-20, 02:16 PM
RMuniz
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Foorgon
Hi. First of all thank you all for sharing experience. I just installed carlinkit in mine rx350 2016.
I downloaded your update firmware and now it’s asking for passcode as well. Please, find out from your contact, when you’ll have time.
Try pswd 4091.
The following users liked this post:
Gold10460 (04-27-20)
Old 04-26-20, 02:18 PM
Foorgon
Driver School Candidate

Ok. I will. Thank you very much
Old 04-26-20, 05:40 PM
Foorgon
Driver School Candidate

Did anybody try AirPlay on carlinkit?
Old 04-27-20, 11:07 AM
Measured
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by RMuniz
Yes, you can use the baseline settings from this post: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post10774372

Then, while on a call with someone, increase the "Microphone Delay" one step at a time until the echo is eliminated. I landed on a "Microphone Delay" of 5.

thanks for this. How you guys getting into the menu without CarPlay taking over?
Old 04-27-20, 11:10 AM
Foorgon
Driver School Candidate

Choose Lexus icon, it brings you to the main menu where you can go to the settings.
Measured (04-27-20)
Old 04-27-20, 12:16 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

This is what I ended up with resulting in little to no echo. It isn't perfect, but I've rarely come across car phone quality to be 100% great.
CAKETOWN (04-27-20)
Old 04-28-20, 09:00 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
My contact at Carlinkit sent me the latest Firmware and MCU file.

Download:
1. ISPBOOOT.BIN: https://en.mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnEx...&code=35db7c10
2. UPGRADE.BIN: See attached file

Update method:

Prepare an USB flash stick.

1. Format the USB stick to FAT32 ( Must be FAT32, not FAT or other formats )
2. Put the ISPBOOOT.BIN in attachment into USB disk root directory (do not copy folder into USB stick, just the file )
3. Insert the USB stick into the USB port of our product, not the car original USB port.
4. Enter the CarPlay system setting, select "system update" first and next step select "upgrade"

5. After the update of the system, then update the MCU. Delete the ISPBOOOT.BIN in the USB stick first.
6. Put the upgrade.bin in attachment into USB stick root directory (do not copy folder into USB stick, just the file )
3. Insert the USB stick into the USB port of our product, not the car original USB port.
4. Enter the CarPlay system setting, select "MCU update" first and next step select "upgrade"

Notice: Please do not turn off the power when upgrading.
And it will restart automatically after the upgrade. And then you can removed the USB stick.

When you copy the files into the USB stick, if the file names has automatically add a symbol "_" at the end, please delete the "_" first, thanks!
Can you reattach the first file for us? are you not having any issues using the joystick as a dial?
Old 04-28-20, 03:49 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Carlinkit Update:
Here is the latest Firmware:

Password: 4091

Download:
1. ISPBOOOT.BIN:
2. UPGRADE.BIN:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1En...W5I4BtbRaWyeTY

Update method:

Prepare an USB flash stick.

1. Format the USB stick to FAT32 ( Must be FAT32, not FAT or other formats )
2. Put the ISPBOOOT.BIN in attachment into USB disk root directory (do not copy folder into USB stick, just the file )
4. Enter the CarPlay system setting, select "system update" first and next step select "upgrade"

5. After the update of the system, then update the MCU. Delete the ISPBOOOT.BIN in the USB stick first.
6. Put the upgrade.bin in attachment into USB stick root directory (do not copy folder into USB stick, just the file )
4. Enter the CarPlay system setting, select "MCU update" first and next step select "upgrade"

Notice: Please do not turn off the power when upgrading.
And it will restart automatically after the upgrade. And then you can removed the USB stick.

When you copy the files into the USB stick, if the file names has automatically add a symbol "_" at the end, please delete the "_" first, thanks!

Last edited by peasodos; 05-12-20 at 01:36 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by peasodos:
alpyor (08-14-20), CAKETOWN (04-28-20), DavidL (07-08-21)
Old 04-30-20, 06:59 PM
sfellows
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've decided to ship my Carlinkit back for a refund. They continue to say that it will work with the 2015 split screen. Even with the updates and troubleshooting with them for weeks, it just isn't working. I'm bummed because it was so close to being a great solution. Hopefully they will continue improving it.
Old 05-06-20, 10:39 AM
mariuszele
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foorgon
Did anybody try AirPlay on carlinkit?
Hi, on my module AirPlay works.
please choice on mobile, screen clone....

Last edited by mariuszele; 05-06-20 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-08-20, 05:07 PM
eggpizza
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello guys
like 6 days ago, i purchased the Carlinkit from aliexpress
and finished installing Carlinkit for my 2019 lexus GS 350 (apple carplay)
before i organize the wires and put back the cover, i tested if everything works properly
but joystick control is really hard to control (it seems like most of you guys having the same issue)

but i dont think anyone is having a OEM back up camera issue.

my OEM back up camera doesnt show while im using the apple carplay (i have the dip switch setting to 2,3,5 and also tried 2,4,5 "not working)
if i unplug the kit and replace with OEM wire, back up camera works.

is there a option that i need to change to make my back up camera to work properly?

i also asked china for an answer and waiting for reply

please let me know if anyone can help me out on this

thank you!

Quick Reply: Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319