GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-20, 11:32 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I just installed Carlinkit in my IS350. Joystick control is so wonky but how do I update firmware any of you guys have instruction or where to download firmware?
I created a post with the latest firmware, go here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post10791824

Update your firmware to the latest version if it's older and that should make the mouse control so much better. Basically left and right are the fastest/best way to navigate through the menu.
Old 06-19-20, 11:45 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos

Update your firmware to the latest version if it's older and that should make the mouse control so much better. Basically left and right are the fastest/best way to navigate through the menu.
Thanks just saw your post a few pages back crossing my finger it improves joystick control.
Old 06-20-20, 07:18 AM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Oops never mind some one already answered lol
Old 06-20-20, 08:38 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peasodos

Do you know the wires that is part of USB cable and backup camera from Carlinkit, is the 12v wire power out or power in? I’m thinking of adding 360 camera since I already have front camera.
Old 06-20-20, 10:10 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Do you know the wires that is part of USB cable and backup camera from Carlinkit, is the 12v wire power out or power in? I’m thinking of adding 360 camera since I already have front camera.
12v acc is outputting 12v when you turn the car on.

12v rear is outputting 12v only when you put the car in reverse.

You don’t need to connect reverse signal wire because carlinkit already knows when you put the car in reverse and switches over the screen. You just need to select aftermarket camera in Carlinkit settings.
Old 06-20-20, 04:21 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

FW in my box is higher than what you have but I went ahead and rolled back to your update. Joystick control was improved but it’s still frustrating to use in CarPlay. I gave up on this CarPlay for my car and decided to return it hopefully they won’t give me a hard time. Those sneaky guys are very quick in responding to my product inquiries but once they got my money took them long to reply. Lesson learn I guess.

Old 06-21-20, 07:03 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Get a Grom. Perfect joystick control. CarPlay is smooth. Android is nice if you need it (I don’t use it).
Old 06-21-20, 07:43 AM
tantasticc
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

FW in my box is higher than what you have but I went ahead and rolled back to your update. Joystick control was improved but it’s still frustrating to use in CarPlay. I gave up on this CarPlay for my car and decided to return it hopefully they won’t give me a hard time. Those sneaky guys are very quick in responding to my product inquiries but once they got my money took them long to reply. Lesson learn I guess.

what problem are you running into with CarPlay? I got the off and on with no audio but if you turn off the Bluetooth on your phone and turn it back on it works right away. I ordered mine from alibaba and they are quick with the response. My firmware looks nothing like what you guys have.

Old 06-21-20, 09:39 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tantasticc
what problem are you running into with CarPlay? I got the off and on with no audio but if you turn off the Bluetooth on your phone and turn it back on it works right away. I ordered mine from alibaba and they are quick with the response. My firmware looks nothing like what you guys have.
which brand is it Carlinkit? So I was having very bad joystick issue in CarPlay it’s so bad I can barely go into setting to update FW, cannot scroll down I have to randomly move control around.if I get lucky it will hilight correct menu.

So I woke up in the middle of the night I just realized joystick was controlling both Lexus menu and CarPlay menu that’s why it was so hard to control. That’s not normal right? I had Lexus radio on when I was using CarPlay and it was changing station by itself I thought it was a bug turns out I was the one changing station. Someone here had same issue is it harness connection problem?
Old 06-21-20, 09:48 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HUSKERnKS
Get a Grom. Perfect joystick control. CarPlay is smooth. Android is nice if you need it (I don’t use it).
Does Grom VL2 Lite support wireless CarPlay?
Old 06-21-20, 09:57 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

@peasodos

How did get it to work the second time to fix mouse controlling both Lexus and CarPlay? I have the same issue except I don’t have split screen like GS but it’s still controlling Lexus system in the background.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post10724675
Old 06-21-20, 10:06 AM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Hmmm that’s definitely not right, mine on controls the CarPlay. I’m running the split screen wire since I have the 10.25 oem, maybe try switching to the spit screen cable
Old 06-21-20, 10:22 AM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Does Grom VL2 Lite support wireless CarPlay?
Not sure about the light. I have the full version. Might check with Grom on that.
Old 06-21-20, 10:42 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NikNikNik
Hmmm that’s definitely not right, mine on controls the CarPlay. I’m running the split screen wire since I have the 10.25 oem, maybe try switching to the spit screen cable
Original setup had the cable to no split screen but my joystick didn’t work at all even in Lexus system, so those guys in China told me to hook up to split screen setup. Lexus joystick and CP control works but now controlling both.

How did you remove these black connectors they were really tight not sure there was a tab I used pliers to pull them apart but connectors hosing may have broke.

Old 06-22-20, 09:28 AM
denary
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Update on my Audio Issue - I'm having an issue with AUX wherein music is coming out of the right side speakers okay, but on the left side, I can hear it, but it's very very faint. I tired adjusting balancer etc - no luck.
Today, I took an old Ipod and hooked it up to AUX in the center console and the same issue is present using the iPod in AUX - music much louder on right side speakers. Which leads me to assume this is a hardware issue with my radio and not with Carlinkit - which is a huge bummer for me and using this now.

Any chance this would be covered under warranty?

Last edited by denary; 06-22-20 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319