GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-20 | 01:28 PM
Gold10460
Rookie

Originally Posted by denary
Update on my Audio Issue - I'm having an issue with AUX wherein music is coming out of the right side speakers okay, but on the left side, I can hear it, but it's very very faint. I tired adjusting balancer etc - no luck.
Today, I took an old Ipod and hooked it up to AUX in the center console and the same issue is present using the iPod in AUX - music much louder on right side speakers. Which leads me to assume this is a hardware issue with my radio and not with Carlinkit - which is a huge bummer for me and using this now.

Any chance this would be covered under warranty?

You probably would have to disconnect your Carlinkit from your factory radio harness to properly troubleshoot.
The following users liked this post:
denary (06-22-20)
Old 06-22-20 | 01:40 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I received a new MCU update file but I cannot update since my joystick completely stopped working, I went back to factory harness it still works so something is definitely not right with my box or cables. Well, I must be very unlucky this is the second time this thing doesn't work out. Now, my hand hurts from plugging/unplugging those damn connectors.
Old 06-22-20 | 03:23 PM
Gold10460
Rookie

Originally Posted by dojoman
I received a new MCU update file but I cannot update since my joystick completely stopped working, I went back to factory harness it still works so something is definitely not right with my box or cables. Well, I must be very unlucky this is the second time this thing doesn't work out. Now, my hand hurts from plugging/unplugging those damn connectors.

Double check your Carlinkit harness for bent or damaged pins. It doesn’t take a lot of force for them to get bent out of shape.
Old 06-22-20 | 03:40 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gold10460
Double check your Carlinkit harness for bent or damaged pins. It doesn’t take a lot of force for them to get bent out of shape.
Already checked no bent pins on Carlinkit harness.
Old 06-22-20 | 04:46 PM
tantasticc
Rookie

which brand is it Carlinkit? So I was having very bad joystick issue in CarPlay it’s so bad I can barely go into setting to update FW, cannot scroll down I have to randomly move control around.if I get lucky it will hilight correct menu.

So I woke up in the middle of the night I just realized joystick was controlling both Lexus menu and CarPlay menu that’s why it was so hard to control. That’s not normal right? I had Lexus radio on when I was using CarPlay and it was changing station by itself I thought it was a bug turns out I was the one changing station. Someone here had same issue is it harness connection problem?

hey i ordered from this link below so idk what brand it is
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...64c079a71y29ds

do you have a 2016+ ive noticed going up and down doesnt work to well so i scroll left and right and its pretty accurate. Ive noticed that too. It controls your both so my remedy to that is leave it on the navi and it usually doesnt mess up anything.

Old 06-22-20 | 04:48 PM
tantasticc
Rookie

Original setup had the cable to no split screen but my joystick didn’t work at all even in Lexus system, so those guys in China told me to hook up to split screen setup. Lexus joystick and CP control works but now controlling both.

How did you remove these black connectors they were really tight not sure there was a tab I used pliers to pull them apart but connectors hosing may have broke.

per their instruction if you have a 2016 + with 12inch screen you dont need to use that
Old 06-22-20 | 05:13 PM
denary
Driver

Default Bent pin

Looks like a missing/bent pin - top left 😡
Old 06-22-20 | 07:44 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tantasticc
per their instruction if you have a 2016 + with 12inch screen you dont need to use that
My car is IS350 2014 with 8” screen. I guess those guys are false advertising because joystick is not supported for most of these boxes.

Does anyone have working CarPlay with joystick control?
Old 06-22-20 | 07:49 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

hey i ordered from this link below so idk what brand it is
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...64c079a71y29ds

do you have a 2016+ ive noticed going up and down doesnt work to well so i scroll left and right and its pretty accurate. Ive noticed that too. It controls your both so my remedy to that is leave it on the navi and it usually doesnt mess up anything.
So it’s normal that it controls both systems simultaneously? That doesn’t sound right because sometime I need to press menu in CarPlay now you’ve gone into Lexus menu system and change settings randomly.
Old 06-22-20 | 08:48 PM
Gold10460
Rookie

The cable in the picture is required. It’s part of the harness. The cable you’re referring to connects to the monitor.
Old 06-23-20 | 09:48 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

I see people mentioned GROM what is that ? im confused never heard of GRom i was thinking of buying the beatsonic one but like 500-600 bucks that's alot

i like this one cause its wireless

Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay

but its a bit confusing so if there is a app that i want to use on my phone that is not carplay compatible will using that app on my phone disconnect that carplay ?
Old 06-23-20 | 10:20 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
I see people mentioned GROM what is that ? im confused never heard of GRom i was thinking of buying the beatsonic one but like 500-600 bucks that's alot

i like this one cause its wireless

Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay

but its a bit confusing so if there is a app that i want to use on my phone that is not carplay compatible will using that app on my phone disconnect that carplay ?
GROM will cost you about $500-$600 depends on what you want, full Android or Lite version for use mainly with CarPlay or AA. Which app you want to use on Carplay? CP compatible apps are mostly navigation Waze, Google Maps, and music streaming apps that's all. You won't find Amazon shopping or Youtube.
Old 06-29-20 | 08:23 AM
ejisfun
Driver School Candidate

I just installed my carlinkit box in my 2016 RX with nav and my joystick (along with the map, menu, back buttons) doesn't work at all, even in OEM menus. If I uninstall the box everything works fine again. Did anyone else have this issue? Is it a problem with the wire harness?
Old 06-29-20 | 08:54 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ejisfun
I just installed my carlinkit box in my 2016 RX with nav and my joystick (along with the map, menu, back buttons) doesn't work at all, even in OEM menus. If I uninstall the box everything works fine again. Did anyone else have this issue? Is it a problem with the wire harness?
Wrong harness or dip switch is not set correctly, contact seller. I had no issues with mine, but some other people did.
Old 06-30-20 | 01:35 PM
250V6
Driver School Candidate

Hello
now I have the carlinkit .. for the sound I have to plug a cable into the aux (you too?) If I turn up the volume fully without music then I hear a noise ground loop.. who have the same problem? ..
what about multiscreen problem

Quick Reply: Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319