GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-20, 09:20 PM
joechan71
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Finally fix it after some trial & error, DIP1 should also be turned ON along with DIP2 for touchpad model (NX) unlike what it says in the instructions Anyway, I'm very happy that this unit is now working

DIP1: No function
DIP2: OFF for **** operation car model , ON for touch pad and joystick operation car model
DIP3 and DIP4 : OFF OFF for 7 inch and 8 inch screen , ON OFF for 12.3 inch screen, OFF ON for 10.3 inch and new 12.3 inch (there is a clock in screen), ON ON for old 7 inch screen
DIP5: set the steering wheel button function .When it is found that the next button function and the mode button function are reversed (the mode button function is to switch back to the original car, the **** model and the joystick model need to be ON)
DIP7 and DIP8 :set the original car without a microphone, the box itself provides a microphone bias circuit, the original car has a microphone can not be ON.
DIP7: After-market car microphone, and the original car is not biased,set ON
Dial 8: When installing a non-original small signal microphone ,set ON
The following 3 users liked this post by joechan71:
byungkuk (11-16-20), Im2bz2p345 (11-18-20), Voronmetro (11-22-20)
Old 11-16-20, 09:23 PM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by joechan71
Finally fix it after some trial & error, DIP1 should also be turned ON along with DIP2 for touchpad model (NX) unlike what it says in the instructions Anyway, I'm very happy that this unit is now working

DIP2: OFF for **** operation car model , ON for touch pad and joystick operation car model
DIP3 and DIP4 : OFF OFF for 7 inch and 8 inch screen , ON OFF for 12.3 inch screen, OFF ON for 10.3 inch and new 12.3 inch (there is a clock in screen), ON ON for old 7 inch screen
DIP5: set the steering wheel button function .When it is found that the next button function and the mode button function are reversed (the mode button function is to switch back to the original car, the **** model and the joystick model need to be ON)
DIP7 and DIP8 :set the original car without a microphone, the box itself provides a microphone bias circuit, the original car has a microphone can not be ON.
congrats man
Old 11-17-20, 01:39 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,449 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Did you resolve your buzzing and feedback issues? I have the same issue, and mine is behind the main unit (for RX450h).

I am thinking of getting EMI tape and wrapping one of the wires...but which one??
With the original Beatsonic kit they say to install a Ground Loop Noise Isolator inline with the aux output if you get this buzzing noise.

"Ground loop problems are caused by small voltage differences that normally exist between the ‘grounds’ at the send and receive ends of a signal cable. In an unbalanced interface, this ground voltage difference directly adds to the signal. This generally produces hum or buzz in audio. A ground isolator in the signal path is the fundamentally correct way to eliminate system ground loop problems."

Splicing something like this into the aux output might solve your issue:
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by peasodos; 11-17-20 at 01:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
denary (11-18-20)
Old 11-17-20, 03:11 PM
Misonasty
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2015 GS and I ordered the carlink for it. After reading up, this doesn't work for 2013 -2015s properly with the split screen application.

I'm expecting delivery from DHL this week. In order to avoid return costs, should I not sign for the shipping parcel and it will be shipped back to China? Any guidance with how to move forward will be appreciated.

​​​​​​Thank you.
Old 11-18-20, 06:22 PM
dgpiii
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I see you are listed in CA. If you are local to LA(ish), I might buy it from you. I have a 2017 GS. I just haven't found a local installer to help me.
Old 11-19-20, 09:25 AM
Misonasty
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dgpiii
I see you are listed in CA. If you are local to LA(ish), I might buy it from you. I have a 2017 GS. I just haven't found a local installer to help me.
I plan on attempting to install just so i can see how unpractical the split screen issue is. I'm located in NorCal so if it doesn't work out and if you dont mind covering the shipping costs. I can ship it, I just want to get my money back so I can put it toward another option.
Old 11-22-20, 08:05 AM
Voronmetro
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joechan71

You made my day, DIP1 and - the joystick and buttons is working (Lexus IS 350 2015, w / navi / non ML)

Last edited by Voronmetro; 11-22-20 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-04-20, 11:22 AM
RMuniz
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Yeah for just standalone wireless carplay it works great. I also found out it works much better with iPhone 11 Pro than with my old iPhone X. Also much better for CarPlay than Android Auto. As far as address input go I just do that on my phone and I don't use siri, but probably should.
What kind of issues does it have when using Android Auto?
Old 12-05-20, 06:18 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RMuniz
What kind of issues does it have when using Android Auto?
Picture quality is not as good, aspect ratio was off, and didn’t always auto connect to the car. System was designed for CarPlay, android auto was after thought. They probably improved it since I tried AA a while ago.
Old 12-06-20, 10:10 PM
kcahmadi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 GS Joystick Problem

Hey so I ordered the latest decoder 2.0 CarPlay kit from Carlinkit for my 2016 GS and everything has worked awesome (the navigation sound is a bit loud compared to music but that’s fine) but the joystick

its a little finicky where moving left or right doesn’t work consistently. When I first tried it out up and down worked weird but it was workable but left and right don’t work right now and it’s hard to get it going. Any suggestions?
235 are in per the instructions
Installed MCU 20.11.4
SW 9.2.10

Old 12-07-20, 01:49 PM
byungkuk
Intermediate

I've had this issue of the screen going back to OEM when I put the car in reverse. Must be some option that enabled/disable... any help?
Old 12-07-20, 01:57 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by byungkuk
I've had this issue of the screen going back to OEM when I put the car in reverse. Must be some option that enabled/disable... any help?
There are backup camera settings. Just check the carlinkit settings, if your in AA or Carplay, click the Lexus icon to go the the carlinkit menu.

Mine is set to switch to my aftermarket backup camera in reverse, then back to carlinkit in Drive.
Old 12-07-20, 03:38 PM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by peasodos
There are backup camera settings. Just check the carlinkit settings, if your in AA or Carplay, click the Lexus icon to go the the carlinkit menu.

Mine is set to switch to my aftermarket backup camera in reverse, then back to carlinkit in Drive.
once i set the reverse camera to ‘aftermarket’, carplay returns when put back to D from R

Last edited by byungkuk; 12-07-20 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-12-20, 01:46 PM
kcahmadi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kcahmadi
Hey so I ordered the latest decoder 2.0 CarPlay kit from Carlinkit for my 2016 GS and everything has worked awesome (the navigation sound is a bit loud compared to music but that’s fine) but the joystick

its a little finicky where moving left or right doesn’t work consistently. When I first tried it out up and down worked weird but it was workable but left and right don’t work right now and it’s hard to get it going. Any suggestions?
235 are in per the instructions
Installed MCU 20.11.4
SW 9.2.10
Anyone figure out this joystick issue yet?
been talking to support and I’ve tried turning on DIP 1
23 ON
235 On
1235 on
135 on
and none of em fix it
Old 12-12-20, 01:59 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kcahmadi
Anyone figure out this joystick issue yet?
been talking to support and I’ve tried turning on DIP 1
23 ON
235 On
1235 on
135 on
and none of em fix it
Update to the latest firmware. Someone else had that issue and that's what fixed it. I have an older model carlinkit and firmware update fixed the joystick.

Quick Reply: Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319