GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-21 | 08:07 AM
JTremain
Driver School Candidate

Quick question. I have a '16 IS 200t that doesn't have the navigation version of the display. Would I need to swap out the display first in order to use the CarLink option? And could I easily just grab the larger version of the display from a junkyard and swap out the displays that way?
Old 05-24-21 | 11:13 AM
denary
Driver

Originally Posted by byungkuk
Just wanted to say i've had less disconnects after switching the wifi signal channel to 9 - effectively going from 5ghz to 2.4ghz has helped!
Interesting, I don't have an option for channel 9 on mine. I have 3 to select from, but 9 not an option.
Old 05-24-21 | 12:52 PM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by denary
Interesting, I don't have an option for channel 9 on mine. I have 3 to select from, but 9 not an option.
maybe it was 3 - i didn't check when I was typing up the post - I know it was originally set at 144 which was causing all of those issues.

Please give 3 a try and let me know if it worked for you.. I think the other one is 36?
The following users liked this post:
denary (05-25-21)
Old 05-25-21 | 09:39 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by denary
Mine was 6, 36, 149. Anything less than 12 should switch you to the 2.4GHz band:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...802.11b/g/n/ax)
denary (05-25-21)
Old 05-25-21 | 01:20 PM
SilentSC
Driver School Candidate

Low key wish they release a new update-- hopefully massively improve the controls.
Old 05-26-21 | 03:31 AM
butler620
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I have a RX450h 2018 F-Sport with JoyStick control. I have just placed an order for this box on AliExpress. The seller is asking me which stereo is mine and sent me this picture. Because i am not installing this myself, does anybody know which stereo is mine for my RX?

Thanks in advance

Old 05-26-21 | 03:54 AM
butler620
Driver School Candidate

Default Back of radio

Originally Posted by nightleaf
I was able to obtain 9.2.9 from carlinkit.. I am going to test it out in my RX tomorrow and will share if it works out...
Hi Mate,

Could you help? Do you know which is the back of your radio? I have a RX450h 2018 and i don't know which one is mine.

Old 05-26-21 | 07:47 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by butler620
Hi Mate,

Could you help? Do you know which is the back of your radio? I have a RX450h 2018 and i don't know which one is mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313459288777

Check the pictures on that item (looks like #1) .... better yet find the part number for your vehicle - you can search by vin on lexus parts I believe then use that part number to ID the head unit
Old 05-26-21 | 05:25 PM
Measured
Advanced

Front camera installed. I may add the rear one just for the live view

byungkuk (05-26-21)
Old 05-29-21 | 08:26 AM
madh
6th Gear

I’ve installed the Carlinkit box in a 2016 RX. My issue is that the controls both the OEM system and the Carlinkit box at the same time. Has this happened to anyone else? Carlinkit support on WhatsApp is claiming that this is just how it works. This can’t be right though.
Old 05-29-21 | 11:08 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by madh
I’ve installed the Carlinkit box in a 2016 RX. My issue is that the controls both the OEM system and the Carlinkit box at the same time. Has this happened to anyone else? Carlinkit support on WhatsApp is claiming that this is just how it works. This can’t be right though.
yup that's how it works...but for me it hasn't really messed anything up.. i usually start with map screen (full screen) and then sometimes when i go back to it the side menu is turned on lol.

Nonetheless, for me I mainly use music and Waze which doesn't require me to do much using the joystick... I think the other variants are the same it's runs over the OEM system, could be wrong..
Old 05-30-21 | 08:20 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by madh
No, it is not supposed to control both at the same time. If you are hearing lexus clicking noises when controlling carlinkit, then something is wrong. Check your dipswitches and ask for different firmware to try if you've already tried the ones here.
Old 05-30-21 | 08:42 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by byungkuk
yup that's how it works...but for me it hasn't really messed anything up.. i usually start with map screen (full screen) and then sometimes when i go back to it the side menu is turned on lol.

Nonetheless, for me I mainly use music and Waze which doesn't require me to do much using the joystick... I think the other variants are the same it's runs over the OEM system, could be wrong..
No it’s not. You’re going to mess up car’s setting while using Android unit. It is definitely not normal other units don’t do this, most of these Chinese units are crap IMO. Most sellers just want to make quick money no customer service. They’re only supportive in the beginning and drag you until return period expires and you’re stuck with unreturnable useless crap. I dealt with these Aliexpress guys before they’re not honest never again.

Last edited by dojoman; 05-30-21 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-30-21 | 09:19 AM
00goobs
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dojoman
No it’s not. You’re going to mess up car’s setting while using Android unit. It is definitely not normal other units don’t do this, most of these Chinese units are crap IMO. Most sellers just want to make quick money no customer service. They’re only supportive in the beginning and drag you until return period expires and you’re stuck with unreturnable useless crap. I dealt with these Aliexpress guys before they’re not honest never again.
Soooo, no one has this specific unit working well?
...or any cheap method?

I really need an Android or Apple product on my OEM display in full screen. Even a basic screen mirroring will work for me.
Old 05-30-21 | 09:51 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 00goobs
Soooo, no one has this specific unit working well?
...or any cheap method?

I really need an Android or Apple product on my OEM display in full screen. Even a basic screen mirroring will work for me.
Its a hit or miss some don’t mind the quirks but it’s not acceptable for me. If you buy one from eBay at least you can get money back easily don’t get from Aliexpress. If you only want screen mirroring get something from Beatsonic their support is fantastic and they’re in California.

Quick Reply: Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319