Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-21, 04:53 PM
Xidding
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robertp
I am Interested, I have GS 350 2013

Also do you know why My Voice commands are missing, i can only do voice tag to Phone only.
Based on the experience from others, this product doesn't work well on GS before 2016...
Old 07-10-21, 05:30 PM
DavidL
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I have cross posted this as it may help others trying to install these Aliexpress units;

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post11064723

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post11084611

Has anyone encountered a unit with a hardware version of "Lexus2"?

Old 07-10-21, 08:21 PM
mfdinobruh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I just installed this kit and the controls are very wonky. I cannot scroll directly up and down, I have to scroll left/right to reach the bottom rows. Also it is very weird and I have to be very precise. Does this update fix this issue?
Old 07-24-21, 03:28 PM
gnuels
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adding a data point to this thread.. I just installed a RoadTop unit in my 2019 UX250h. I hate that there's an update available in Europe and Australia to add Android Auto, but it's not available in North America. If somebody can get their hands on the update USB from those regions, please let me know. I'd be happy to pay for it so I don't need to have this extra box in my car. To help anyone else that's interested installing it in the UX, here are some notes that may prove to be useful:
  • Even though the car has a touchpad, the instructions and model to buy / follow is the joystick version. Don't ask why - I don't know
  • When connecting the cables to the back of the radio unit, there'll be 2 plugs that use the same harness, each on one side of the middle black harness. one of the two identical harnesses needs a cable connected in series, and it's the right one. I had to use trial and error to figure that one out
  • The glove box has a back panel that pops off, and that made an easy place to route the unit through to keep in the glove box
I still have a couple issues with it, and have reached out to my vendor on aliexpress for help, but if anyone here has solved them, please let me know
  1. The sensitivity of my touchpad is through the roof. I couldn't find a setting to lower the sensitivity. I suspect it's because it's meant to be a discreet signal from a joystick rather than a touchpad
  2. I cannot access the right side of the screen. I know Xidding had a similar issue above, and I tried his solution to no avail. I can access the left menu buttons no problem by hitting the back button once. I've tried to long press all the buttons and none of them get me there
Old 07-27-21, 07:38 PM
gnuels
Rookie

Does anyone know how to adjust the maps guidance volume separately from music? My music is too quiet while maps is too loud.

Edit: Found my answer - In Audio settings there's separate volumes for music, "speech" and "alert". Alert was the one that seemed to control my nav volume.

Last edited by gnuels; 07-28-21 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-08-21, 10:29 AM
nwin
Rookie

What’s up with this park assist screen that is showing on my 2017 Gs350 after installing the carlinkit ? It doesn’t do anything or signal anything when I get close to an object.

I have park assist on my car and it still beeps when I’m close to hitting something, but this graphic seems useless since it doesn’t show I’m close to anything.

switches are at 2,3,5 ON for the CarPlay kit and I have a navigation system and the joystick.

edit: apparently the 360 camera option was enabled. I turned it off and it’s working correctly

Last edited by nwin; 08-11-21 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-23-21, 06:35 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,409 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Is this the Official site and link for this Carlinkit discussed here? I am about to purchase and want to make sure I am getting the right one. Thanks.

https://www.carlinkit.store/products...gs-ls-lx-lc-rc
Old 08-23-21, 07:48 AM
slvrcrz
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

same here anybody know about if that is the real link ?
Old 08-23-21, 08:24 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

I have an audible wheezing sound as someone else mentioned in this thread... I usually have music on so it doesn't bother me toooo much BUT what would be the solution to this? Ground loop isolator? Should I wrap the wires with something? Thanks!
Old 08-23-21, 08:56 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Is this the Official site and link for this Carlinkit discussed here? I am about to purchase and want to make sure I am getting the right one. Thanks.

https://www.carlinkit.store/products...gs-ls-lx-lc-rc
Originally Posted by slvrcrz
same here anybody know about if that is the real link ?
This is where I ordered mine. Still hasn't arrived, but looks like it should be in the next couple of days.
Old 08-23-21, 09:47 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by byungkuk
I have an audible wheezing sound as someone else mentioned in this thread... I usually have music on so it doesn't bother me toooo much BUT what would be the solution to this? Ground loop isolator? Should I wrap the wires with something? Thanks!
I was recommended by carlinkit to buy a ground loop isolator and plug it into the aux mini port, but my understanding is that it needs to be wired in series to work. A buzzy audio seriously detracts from the listening experience!

Last edited by ericsan13; 08-23-21 at 01:46 PM. Reason: clarified wording
The following users liked this post:
byungkuk (08-23-21)
Old 08-23-21, 09:55 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
I was recommended to buy a ground loop isolator by carlinkit and plug it into the aux mini port, but my understanding is that it needs to be wired in series to work. A buzzy audio seriously detracts from the listening experience!
Carlinkit makes one for the unit? Can you share the link?
Old 08-23-21, 11:13 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,409 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
I was recommended to buy a ground loop isolator by carlinkit and plug it into the aux mini port, but my understanding is that it needs to be wired in series to work. A buzzy audio seriously detracts from the listening experience!
And... where is this Aux port located please?
Old 08-23-21, 01:46 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by byungkuk
Carlinkit makes one for the unit? Can you share the link?
Nope, they pointed me to Amazon.

Originally Posted by jgscott
And... where is this Aux port located please?
The AUX port in the console apparently.

I ordered two and will try it and report back. I don't have high hopes that it'll work since these things are supposed to be wired in series and carlinkit uses a harness that is not easy to tap.
Old 08-29-21, 10:33 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

My Carlinkit unit arrived and I got around to installing it this morning. No real issues other than me hooking up the wrong cable that taps the AUX input. Took me a bit to realize what I'd screwed up. Seems to be working well. I'm going to do some more testing before I button everything back up and find a place to store the main unit and extra wires.

I do seem to have a later firmware on mine.

Quick Reply: Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319