GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-22 | 11:06 AM
ISFerr
Driver

Originally Posted by peasodos
That's a bad cable going to the display. Try unplugging/replugging it. If that doesn't work reach out to the company you purchase from.
Thank you! I will reach out to the seller.
Old 07-02-22 | 03:53 AM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Can someone post a link to the carlinkit? I tried to google it, but only came across this: https://carlinkitcarplay.com/ which is for systems that already have carplay on it. I tried to go through the posts but there have been so many links over the past couple of years and a lot of the ebay links are no longer available. Btw, I am running a 2015 F-Sport. Are there still any outstanding issues? I am not looking to upgrade to the 2016+ screen.
Old 07-02-22 | 08:23 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djkidd
Can someone post a link to the carlinkit? I tried to google it, but only came across this: https://carlinkitcarplay.com/ which is for systems that already have carplay on it. I tried to go through the posts but there have been so many links over the past couple of years and a lot of the ebay links are no longer available. Btw, I am running a 2015 F-Sport. Are there still any outstanding issues? I am not looking to upgrade to the 2016+ screen.
I think 2015 have issues with the display not being fullscreen? Check this thread from the top and you can find out...
Old 07-03-22 | 09:22 AM
AACarPlay
Former Sponsor

Arrow AACarPlay enables Wireless CarPlay and Android auto

We are here to assist with any infotainment system questions or issues, generally, anything CarPlay or Android auto-related so let us know how We can help.

We've updated the adapters to the latest Android 11 OS, which works more stable and gives a faster transmission.
2022 Premier Adapter
  1. Wireless CarPlay
  2. Wireless Android Auto
  3. AirPlay/ Chromecast Video streaming media to car screen
  4. More.
2022 AI BOX
  1. Wireless CarPlay
  2. Wireless Android Auto
  4. Install any apps to your car screen (YouTube, Netflix, Games...)
  5. More.
GET YOURS
All car adapters at AACarPlay
Old 07-03-22 | 09:33 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AACarPlay
We are here to assist with any infotainment system questions or issues, generally, anything CarPlay or Android auto-related so let us know how We can help.

We've updated the adapters to the latest Android 11 OS, which works more stable and gives a faster transmission.
2022 Premier Adapter
  1. Wireless CarPlay
  2. Wireless Android Auto
  4. More.
2022 AI BOX
  1. Wireless CarPlay
  2. Wireless Android Auto
  4. Install any apps to your car screen (YouTube, Netflix, Games...)
  5. More.
GET YOURS
All car adapters at AACarPlay
dude it's not even compatible with GS...
Old 07-03-22 | 10:04 PM
ISFerr
Driver

Originally Posted by byungkuk
I've been having this issue where someone calls me and I can't pick up the call using the either two buttons next to the palmrest - i end up getting my phone out to pick it up...

pushing the answer call button on my wheel does nothing either...anyone?
Hi @byungkuk. Were you able to resolve your issue? I am having the exact same issue with unit. I cannot answer calls through Carplay using my factory **** button.

Last edited by ISFerr; 07-03-22 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-03-22 | 10:09 PM
AACarPlay
Former Sponsor

Hi, aacarplay works for vehicles with factory wired CarPlay featrue.
The following users liked this post:
peteharvey (07-04-22)
Old 07-03-22 | 10:12 PM
ISFerr
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFerr
Hey all so I managed to install the Roadtop version on my 2018 ES350 last night. I’m having an issue where the screen flickers consistently. I’ve checked all the plugs on the harness, radio and display. They all look secure. Here’s a video.
For anyone experiencing this issue with the **** style radio, you need to connect the screen power cable (labeled as old car).

Also, if you don’t have sound coming from Carplay you will need to connect Audio-GND coming from the main harness. You can either use the GND cable from the usb/video harness or ground directly to the chassis.
Old 07-04-22 | 09:04 AM
Aappie
10th Gear

Hi there.

​​​​​​i just install roadtop cause carlinkit out of stock in my region. Install was easy then i thought. I watch more then 3 times on youtube and read this thread from begin to now. The roadtop work well on my gs 300h 2016 with 12.3 inch non ML.
but today i saw problem with back up cam normal lexus parking assit show little car with rear and front yellow red distance at the right now is gone.
Can someone with roadtop unit post your settings in the revert menu?
Thank you to much

before must like this

Last edited by Aappie; 07-04-22 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-04-22 | 09:14 AM
Aappie
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ISFerr
Hi! How did you manage to fix your issue? i just installed the roadtop version and the screen is flickering all the time
i have this too and then i install this cable and it going good.

Old 07-12-22 | 02:05 AM
VenomF
Rookie

Originally Posted by Aappie
Hi there.

today i saw problem with back up cam normal lexus parking assit show little car with rear and front yellow red distance at the right now is gone.
Can someone with roadtop unit post your settings in the revert menu?
Thank you to much

before must like this
From what I know, the little car diagram only shows up when you're closing in on an object. In your photo it seems like you are still too far from an object for the car to show up.
Old 07-12-22 | 03:26 AM
Aappie
10th Gear

Originally Posted by VenomF
From what I know, the little car diagram only shows up when you're closing in on an object. In your photo it seems like you are still too far from an object for the car to show up.
thank you for explain. It really show up when i come to closing obj. But the orginal always show up when i put in R. Have you the same roadtop?
Old 08-19-22 | 07:47 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

I've been having connection issues for a while.. and changing the wifi channel to <6> made it tolerable but once I went to using it in wired mode - i've had zero issues. Everything is snappy and connection has been understandably solid.

Now I think the issue is with the antenna. I stuck it to the top of the oem radio unit and that's probably the culprit (metal on metal). I've also thought about upgrading the antenna to a higher powered one as well (people using GROM have done this). For the antenna, where have you guys placed it? Maybe if I can just move it to somewhere else - it might help with the issue..?
Old 08-25-22 | 07:06 AM
denary
Driver

Originally Posted by byungkuk
I've been having connection issues for a while.. and changing the wifi channel to <6> made it tolerable but once I went to using it in wired mode - i've had zero issues. Everything is snappy and connection has been understandably solid.

Now I think the issue is with the antenna. I stuck it to the top of the oem radio unit and that's probably the culprit (metal on metal). I've also thought about upgrading the antenna to a higher powered one as well (people using GROM have done this). For the antenna, where have you guys placed it? Maybe if I can just move it to somewhere else - it might help with the issue..?
I was having intermittent wi-fi connection issue with my iPhone XR. I recently upgraded to an iPhone 13 and wi-fi has been solid.
Old 08-25-22 | 07:49 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by denary
I was having intermittent wi-fi connection issue with my iPhone XR. I recently upgraded to an iPhone 13 and wi-fi has been solid.
Yeah same issue for me with the iPhone X. The 11 Pro and 13 Pro work perfectly.

Quick Reply: Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319