GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-22, 09:02 PM
jimrock187
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any options besides Beatsonic or VLine ? I'm seeing These car Boxes that seem to plus into car and it does mirroring from the phone.
Old 03-19-23, 05:56 AM
Rikhemi
8th Gear

Default Just installed Carlink on my 2013

Quick question, setup was pretty straight forward. Only two issues, joystick is wonky and ended up with an extra cable, not sure if this is related to the joy stick or something else but everything seems to be working ok. Any thoughts?

Also, how would you update to the latest firmware? USB sd card or can it be done wirelessly?

Thank you!
Old 03-19-23, 08:09 AM
DrunkFuX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rikhemi
Quick question, setup was pretty straight forward. Only two issues, joystick is wonky and ended up with an extra cable, not sure if this is related to the joy stick or something else but everything seems to be working ok. Any thoughts?

Also, how would you update to the latest firmware? USB sd card or can it be done wirelessly?

Thank you!
In the gs you would be left with an extra cable, that would normally connect to the joystick. Unfortunately in my experience the joystick is wonky on all these boxes... Guess you get used to it. For update you would do it via USB on a flash drive, however as rule of thumb, if everything is working ok, no need to update...
Old 03-19-23, 08:52 AM
Rikhemi
8th Gear

Thanks for confirming. As long as I’m careful with going right it works pretty good. I see the steering wheel volume works but not the skip. Is that a setting with the switches? I have now number 2 and 5 on.

I’ve noticed using the up and down arrows helps as well va the joy stick. Any way to get the menu and map to work as left and eight? The joy stick can be used to click down to enter? Saw a setting in the setup for this but referenced the back button, which my model doesn’t have.
Old 03-19-23, 09:47 AM
DrunkFuX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rikhemi
Thanks for confirming. As long as I’m careful with going right it works pretty good. I see the steering wheel volume works but not the skip. Is that a setting with the switches? I have now number 2 and 5 on.

I’ve noticed using the up and down arrows helps as well va the joy stick. Any way to get the menu and map to work as left and eight? The joy stick can be used to click down to enter? Saw a setting in the setup for this but referenced the back button, which my model doesn’t have.
I've never really tried to use the buttons to navigate so not sure about that. As for the steering wheel controls, there is a setting you need to change to get the track skip to work... Don't remember where exactly it is but it's there... Disclaimer tho, sometimes you need to push the track skip twice to register it.
Old 03-20-23, 03:31 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 109 Likes on 59 Posts

My setup has the steering wheel controls working for skipping tracks, but it does a double skip. So, I don't bother using it at all.
Old 03-21-23, 11:23 AM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Received 401 Likes on 283 Posts

OK, I'm an android user, Samsung specifically. I've watched this thread off and on for some time. Is there ANYTHING that works like it was built-in with all the features you expect and need, like track mouse and steering wheel controls but still able to use the screen for factory features?

My gut says both of the main options, Beatsonic or Vline, all have quirks that I am unwilling to put up with for the price paid. Especially when I see the issues you guys have with buttons, rebooting, etc.
Old 04-15-23, 06:03 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can someone recommend an installer for Carlinkit in the Orange County, CA area? How much should an install like this cost?

Also, can someone confirm this is the correct box to install AA?
https://www.carlinkit.store/products...39511840161930
Old 04-18-23, 02:12 PM
nhanxzero
1st Gear

Hey Drillbert i need some help with mine. i have a 2015 lexus nx200t and i had mine working for a week but now it wont go into the decoder menu at all and my touchpad wont work or the menu button above it ;( any advice on what you did to get yours working? i used toggle 1 on and it worked for a week before stopped working

@Drillbert

Last edited by nhanxzero; 04-18-23 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-16-23, 07:05 AM
denary
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Would anyone know if there's a setting for this interface issue? When selecting to go into reverse, the system will switch over to the Lexus interface and show the backup camera on the screen, When I come out of reverse, the system remains in the Lexus interface until I manually select to switch over to Carlinkit. Is there a way to have Carlinkit automatically switch over once I come out of reverse?

Old 06-16-23, 07:15 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by denary
Would anyone know if there's a setting for this interface issue? When selecting to go into reverse, the system will switch over to the Lexus interface and show the backup camera on the screen, When I come out of reverse, the system remains in the Lexus interface until I manually select to switch over to Carlinkit. Is there a way to have Carlinkit automatically switch over once I come out of reverse?

Try this in Settings
Change "Reverse match original" to "default"
Change "Reverse full screen" to "On"
Old 06-16-23, 07:53 AM
denary
Driver

Originally Posted by byungkuk
Try this in Settings
Change "Reverse match original" to "default"
Change "Reverse full screen" to "On"
Thanks for suggestion. I don't have the option for Change "Reverse match original" to "default". Options are: High, Middle, General and Disable. It was set to disable, I tried the others, but no joy. Maybe it's a software update to get it include "default"?

Old 06-16-23, 08:51 AM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

I remember having the same issue as you did when I was playing around with the settings.. maybe try resetting all the settings to default and see if that fixes it
Old 06-17-23, 07:02 AM
denary
Driver

I got it! Thanks you both you and peasodos from Post #567 and #568. I needed to switch backup camera to "aftermarket"
Old 07-25-23, 12:45 AM
Oriole0f
5th Gear

I have the interface from Road Top installed for months in my Lexus CT (2015 model year) but today I noticed something very concerning. When switching to the new interface, the passenger airbag light goes off.
When restarting the car, the car immediately switches to the new interface and the general airbag warning light stays on.

I never expected this to have an influence on the safety systems of the car.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Last edited by Oriole0f; 07-25-23 at 02:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Carlinkit Android Auto Apple Carplay for $319